Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default RUMOR: Affleck Rewrote Parts of "Batman v Superman," Dressed as Batman

Affleck would reportedly rewrite the "Batman v Superman" script on the day of in his Batsuit.

Full article here.

Whatever he comes up with, it's almost certainly better than anything Goyer put on the page. I'm not saying Batfleck can salvage it completely, but I'd rather have him script doctoring than not.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    Whatever he comes up with, it's almost certainly better than anything Goyer put on the page. I'm not saying Batfleck can salvage it completely, but I'd rather have him script doctoring than not.
    I don't understand this logic. You do know that Goyer is the guy who wrote the Dark Knight, right? Arguably the best superhero movie ever made AND the only one to ever win an Oscar for something other than special effects.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I don't understand this logic. You do know that Goyer is the guy who wrote the Dark Knight, right? Arguably the best superhero movie ever made AND the only one to ever win an Oscar for something other than special effects.
    Correction, Goyer was the idea man. Jonathan Nolan rewrote TDK.

Is it just me or am I getting tired of these rumors. I just want to see the damn movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Not everyone drinks the bat kool-aid. I was very unimpressed with the Dark Knight and the other 2 films in the trilogy. Goyer and Nolan are 2 of the most overrated people in movies today.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Is it just me or am I getting tired of these rumors. I just want to see the damn movie.
    It's not just you. Every week there are at least 3 new rumors about BvS.

Can fanboys at news sources just sit on their hands and wait for the damn movie? It's less than 28 days away.

Big Bang Theory had Adam West on tonight. They are listing their favorite Batman of all time and they all listed Affleck last. Adam West says "What's an Affleck?" good stuff.

Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

If this is true, then that may be why Batman has been seen as a "better" part of the film by DC executives.

lol this is hilarious and useles
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    Not everyone drinks the bat kool-aid. I was very unimpressed with the Dark Knight and the other 2 films in the trilogy. Goyer and Nolan are 2 of the most overrated people in movies today.
    No kool-aid. They were all just VERY good movies.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Rookie Member

I really, really hope this rumor is true. Just the thought of it makes me giggle. Affleck, dressed as Batman, hunched over a keyboard and mumbling "I'm Batman!" to himself as he types.

Lol it's an absolutely silly rumor. The entire point of delaying BvS was to give time for Affleck's friend Chris Terrio to rewrite the script. Why would Affleck rewrite the script rewritten by his own approved scriptwriter (and one that was presumably already approved by Affleck) on the day of shooting?

Oh well, as long as it inspires a HISHE parody someday.

Admit it. If you had a Batman costume like that, you'd probably do the same. I know I would.

That said, I get the feeling that if this movie underperforms, Affleck will get the blame. I don't think that's entirely fair. He clearly loves the character and he does have a solid track record as a director/producer/actor. So it's not like he's a novice trying to rewrite a script. I still get the sense that the perception is already there in that this movie will not be up to par and it'll be Affleck's fault. And that perception might skew the actual quality of the movie, which I think happened with Man of Steel.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

I guess 26 days is too long for some people to wait for the new movie.

http://howmanydaystill.com/its/bvs-dawn-of-justice

I certainly hope Civil War and Apocalypse aren't plagued with table scraps of alleged happenings about a highly anticipated movie or another scandal with the director.