Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 529
  1. #301
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What? Not even his far superior non-superhero ones?
    I was writting only about X-men movies.
    I believe that he would be able to create very good story about Magneto but I don't like his vision of X-men.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

  2. #302
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    I was writting only about X-men movies.
    I believe that he would be able to create very good story about Magneto but I don't like his vision of X-men.
    Why does that idea put me in mind of Singer's Apt Pupil (based on a Stephen King short story)?
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  3. #303
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why does that idea put me in mind of Singer's Apt Pupil (based on a Stephen King short story)?
    Huh, that wouldn't be so bad. Has it ever been adapted?
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  4. #304
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Singer isn't fit to direct X-Men films because he is terrible directing ensemble films. The Usual Suspects was a fluke.
    I kind of have to agree with this. Even in The Usual Suspects lot of the credit has to go to the cast. If I'm not mistaken Benicio Del Toro chose to give his character a weird voice because he felt the role was underwritten and completely forgetable.

  5. #305
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    The first official costume photos will make or break this next X-MEN movie.

  6. #306
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Huh, that wouldn't be so bad. Has it ever been adapted?
    Why yes, yes it has. By Bryan Singer. Starring Sir Ian McKellen. Way back in 1998.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  7. #307
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Dboi2001

    We don't have 1998 anymore. Last time i checked we have 2017.
    And? Are you implying we should hold old movies up to modern standards despite not knowing the potential and even laying the ground for for those better movies? The old Reeve Superman has age horribly and not just the special effects but the writing and pacing are all overly cheesy and slow despite at times wanting us to take Superman seriously. Also that ending. You have to look at it from the context. It's more than unfair to grade a movie based on modern standard. Again how was Singer suppose to know people would react positive to brightly colored suits after B&R? Similarly how was Feige suppose to know that classic brightly colored spandex would be received well? He couldn't and neither could Singer and costumes aren't worth the risk
    X Men laid the ground work for the MCU. Without x Men we'd have no MCU. Plus Feige got his start as a producer for x Men and Whedon was brought on to rewrite the script to make it more fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Iron Man 1? that a b lister? GotG?
    compare this with XCU where we have Logan, Magneto and Xavier only.
    look at this thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...el_characters/
    almost evyrone praise Logan and Deadpool and says that X-men are terrible because they are used to hype antiviallins and that they movies are very repetitive with magneto and his swithcing sides. they very often praise actors and they really don't like script.
    187 upvotes
    First off basing a film off of b listers isn't a risk when you use a sure fire hit formula. Iron Man sure but that hardly has to do with the fact Iron Man was the movie but more with the fact RDJ career was over and he was cast as the lead. Guardians still has all the marvelisms. Power hungry war monger who wants supreme power to rule the Galaxy? Check. Vengeful hero against bad guy? Check. MacGuffins? Check. Quippy fun humor? Check. Also if Guardians is a risk what about justice league? They have 'B listers' like Flash, Aquaman or Cyborg. Is that a risk? I mean ignore the fact the Ultimates was one of the highest selling comics of 2001 and launched an entirely new universe they're just lowly B listers. Hell BvS was more of a risk because instead of just making a dumb fight movie like Jason vs Freddy or Alien vs Predator or the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong they had it be more of a political scifi thriller dealing with prejudice and paranoia. Whether or not the risk was worth it is irrelevant it was a risk. I'd also it's more of a risk to base a film off of popular characters because you get one thing wrong everyone will hate it. I guess Adam Sandler is a genius because his films are totally original

    Yes totally no bias on the marvel reddit

    Again with the oh they only use Magneto and Wolverine and Xavier bs? Again plenty of characters play vital roles like Jean, Cyclops, Rogue, Trask, Kelly, Striker, Worthington II, Moria, Beast and other extremely important characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    if You can write that mcu played it safe while Fox not - and this is completly wrong
    then i can say that these movies are similar because they are using the same characters and are focused on the same story.
    Yes I can because it's true. Magneto only switched sides in two movies. He didn't switch in DoFP or the entire original X Men Trilogy. Plus comic Magneto has switched sides a lot because he isn't a stereotypic irredeemable villain who is stroking his chin but just a man who is a bit too strong for his own good. He's even become headmaster of Xavier's school


    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    true
    but they never used this in x-men movies. and yes i love deadpool and logan but we don't need to have weak x-men to have good side stories. I prefer to have both stories good.
    Yes they do. Again you can't say the old trilogy and new one are the same

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    i first watched x-men movies and i didn't like them
    later i have read my first comic.
    Okay

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    that's why even Selina -biggest XCU fan think that main movies should be rebooted.
    and no that's not true
    when we talk about franchise ... there is something more important than good film
    their movies should create one great story. X-men main team movies fail with this
    So? It's her opinion. Franchises don't have to have one overly long continuous story. We have something for that and it's called television. Some elements can and should carry over but they should also just be good movies on their own without becoming a slave to continuity. Sequels should be built around the ramifications in a film not the other way around

  8. #308
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why yes, yes it has. By Bryan Singer. Starring Sir Ian McKellen. Way back in 1998.
    Ok, I gotta see that one.

    *To google*

    Aww, reviews aren't that good.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 05-18-2017 at 05:20 AM.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  9. #309
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Hell BvS was more of a risk because instead of just making a dumb fight movie like Jason vs Freddy or Alien vs Predator or the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong they had it be more of a political scifi thriller dealing with prejudice and paranoia. Whether or not the risk was worth it is irrelevant it was a risk. I'd also it's more of a risk to base a film off of popular characters because you get one thing wrong everyone will hate it.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  10. #310
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Explain how Snyder played it safe? Because it's based off of Batman and Superman?

  11. #311
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Dboi2001:
    And? Are you implying we should hold old movies up to modern standards despite not knowing the potential and even laying the ground for for those better movies? The old Reeve Superman has age horribly and not just the special effects but the writing and pacing are all overly cheesy and slow despite at times wanting us to take Superman seriously. Also that ending. You have to look at it from the context. It's more than unfair to grade a movie based on modern standard. Again how was Singer suppose to know people would react positive to brightly colored suits after B&R? Similarly how was Feige suppose to know that classic brightly colored spandex would be received well? He couldn't and neither could Singer and costumes aren't worth the risk
    X Men laid the ground work for the MCU. Without x Men we'd have no MCU. Plus Feige got his start as a producer for x Men and Whedon was brought on to rewrite the script to make it more fun
    I don't know what should I say about this.
    I assume that You want to tell me that because Singer created good movies in year 2000.... he should create x-men movies forever. right?
    He shouldn't be replaced after many directors showed that their formula is better? look at Deadpool / Logan for example
    ok
    I respect Your opinion. I don't agree.
    First off basing a film off of b listers isn't a risk when you use a sure fire hit formula. Iron Man sure but that hardly has to do with the fact Iron Man was the movie but more with the fact RDJ career was over and he was cast as the lead. Guardians still has all the marvelisms. Power hungry war monger who wants supreme power to rule the Galaxy? Check. Vengeful hero against bad guy? Check. MacGuffins? Check. Quippy fun humor? Check.
    Fox also creates very similar movies.
    Yes totally no bias on the marvel reddit
    obviously CBR doesn't have a bias but every other page is biased....
    Again with the oh they only use Magneto and Wolverine and Xavier bs? Again plenty of characters play vital roles like Jean, Cyclops, Rogue, Trask, Kelly, Striker, Worthington II, Moria, Beast and other extremely important characters
    I can't agree with this. Because they are only used to prop those 3 characters.
    Yes I can because it's true. Magneto only switched sides in two movies.
    but Marvel is playing safe right now only because their formula worked. Fox was forced lately to trying new things because they earn less.
    Earlier Fox played as safe as possible.

    Yes they do. Again you can't say the old trilogy and new one are the same
    If someone can say that Avengers and GotG are the same then i can say that old and new trilogy is similar.
    but i don't want to say that they are the same.
    New trilogy is weaker for me.

    I am happy that we don't have Singer anymore. I would be very happy if Kinberg would also go.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

  12. #312
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    True. That was quite safe movie.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

  13. #313
    Astonishing Member SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    New trilogy is weaker for me.
    As movies, new trilogy is definitely better. FC and DoFP is way better than X1 and X2. Apocalypse is way less terrible than X3.

    But X-Men are even more sidelined. So it evens out I guess.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  14. #314
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Here is a good video about this topic


  15. #315
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As movies, new trilogy is definitely better. FC and DoFP is way better than X1 and X2. Apocalypse is way less terrible than X3.

    But X-Men are even more sidelined. So it evens out I guess.
    I can agree that You are right about movies as standalone movies.
    but as trilogies? I think that previous one was better.

    second trilogy is unique for me because this is the only trilogy where i can say:
    parts of this trilogy are bigger than trilogy.

    I think that You are rewarded for watching trilogies in order but not the second X-men trilogy.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •