Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Because he's wolverines foil and Wolverine didn't have a father son relationship with Xavier. Cyclops did more in X Men than Captain America did in Avengers and he's the leader of the avengers

you know what I really like about the movie costumes...everybody wears PANTS...there's nobody going around wearing their underwear on the outside or wearing a one piece bathing suit, nobody's wearing ridiculous pirate boots....yeah, I'm looking at you X-men Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Yes she is the ONLY person who could've done those things. Literally any Avenger could've done that. Even then her getting Loki to reveal his plans was pointless
    You can rewrite ANYTHING and give one character's role to another. That's the magic of writing! Case in point, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" easily removed Rachel Summers from the original storyline and replaced Kitty with Wolverine.

A few changes in the script and Storm can just as easily be removed from the X-Men films as you claim Black Widow can from the Avengers film. Hell, with the exception of X3, Jean Grey lifts right out just as easily.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Spectacular Member

In DoFP Wolverine still went back in time and they never established Kitty being able to go back that far

No you couldn't. Black Widow was just unnecessary. She did nothing and had no character. What was her point?
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 05-18-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy is way way better than original X-Men movies. There. They were in the same time period. No MCU. And SM trilogy has aged much much better than X-Men trilogy.
    Sam Raimi knows how to put a movie together.

I do enjoy the X-Men films more though, but the Spider-Men films are definitely technically superior.

I have not seen Spider-Man 3 though [like Raimi, I loathe Venom], but I do regret seeing X-Men 3. Both were hit with the movie version of editorial edicts, from what I read at the time.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Spectacular Member

Again you need to understand the context. Superhero movies were dead and xmen has a lot of characters. So what do you do? Try to develop everybody but risk having everyone get jumbled and lost in shuffle or focus on two leads and make sure they're be a hit with a good supporting group?

Avengers only happened because of X Men. Even then in that movie there were a lot of meh characters. None of the avengers really stood out or were different from one another. Fine maybe Storm, Jean and Scott weren't the best developed but the two leads being Wolverine and Rogue were leagues better than all the avengers combined in the first movie

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    you know what I really like about the movie costumes...everybody wears PANTS...there's nobody going around wearing their underwear on the outside or wearing a one piece bathing suit, nobody's wearing ridiculous pirate boots....yeah, I'm looking at you X-men Gold
    Yeah, because it's not a superhero movie. Oh wait, yeah it is. I grew up reading about these brightly colored characters, and it's a dream come true to see them on the big screen. As I said in another post, if you get a good production team, you can pull off at least a semblance of a comic book costume. You can eliminate some of the more ridiculous aspects of a costume and still leave it's essence intact. We'll agree to disagree, but I want the movies to reflect the comics, bright costumes and all, not the other way around.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar

Why does everyone ignore Mystique played a vital role in killing Apcalypse in the comics?

Because nobody goes to an X-MEN movie to see Mystique

In DoFP Wolverine still went back in time and they never established Kitty being able to go back that far
    This comment doesn't make any sense in any context. I pointed out that in the original comic it Rachel had a prominent role in the story and that it was Kitty not Logan who went back in time. In the movie they simply rewrote it so Rachel was removed from the plot and Wolverine is the one who goes back in time.

No you couldn't. Black Widow was just unnecessary. She did nothing and had no character. What was her point?
    Show me the point of Storm in the original X-Men trilogy first. She throws energy projectiles and cloaks the Blackbird in clouds when they approach Staten Island. Many other X-Men characters can do similar stunts, or they could just as easily say the Blackbird has a built in cloaking device.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, because it's not a superhero movie. Oh wait, yeah it is. I grew up reading about these brightly colored characters, and it's a dream come true to see them on the big screen. As I said in another post, if you get a good production team, you can pull off at least a semblance of a comic book costume. You can eliminate some of the more ridiculous aspects of a costume and still leave it's essence intact. We'll agree to disagree, but I want the movies to reflect the comics, bright costumes and all, not the other way around.
    It's all good man....but just so we're clear, I didn't actually mention anything about color in my post

Spectacular Member

So? She's still a vital part of the story. Unlike other movies where they change a singificant figure to the most popular X Men at least tries to some semblance most of the time

Spectacular Member

She wasn't even born in DoFP in the 70s or at the very least she'd be a child DoFP was set in 2014 and the movie never established she could send her consciousness back in time. Even the Wolverine was still ultimately a messenger boy. It was still mainly about Xavier and what he had become without Erik

Storm was the second in command and even became the head mistress in Last Stand

What I mean is Black Widow didn't do anything outside of advance the plot as a glorified MacGuffin. What character did she have? She's a character who exists solely to fill in plot elements and nothing more. She's barely even a character

Spectacular Member

Oh and X Men didn't leave in the main core design aspects? Wolverine still has his tiger stripes with yellow trim, Storm her cape and blue tint, and Ice Man has icicle design on his chest. They may have done away with the colors but the design aspect is all there

Spectacular Member

You know the x Men suits keep way more design aspects of the comic costumes than you think. Again Wolverine has tiger stripes, Ice Man icicle design, Storm her cape and blue tint etc

They're suppose to be a team and teams wear uniforms and this was the best blend of that

Blaaaaaaaaand.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."