Page 303 of 318 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4758
  1. #4531
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Guest appearances are great, but they're not going to get me to regularly buy x comics again. Seems more like they're just throwing a bone to the fans because we all know that Gambit isn't going to be appearing in the x books regularly when he should be.

    Their's a big difference between a lesser known character not appearing like Husk compared to Gambit.

  2. #4532
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Guest appearances are great, but they're not going to get me to regularly buy x comics again. Seems more like they're just throwing a bone to the fans because we all know that Gambit isn't going to be appearing in the x books regularly when he should be.

    Their's a big difference between a lesser known character not appearing like Husk compared to Gambit.
    Gambit is lesser known to the editors and writes which is what matters.

    He's no better than Husk in their minds frankly he's a D list X-men as far as Marvel is concerned.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  3. #4533
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Guest appearances are great, but they're not going to get me to regularly buy x comics again. Seems more like they're just throwing a bone to the fans because we all know that Gambit isn't going to be appearing in the x books regularly when he should be.

    Their's a big difference between a lesser known character not appearing like Husk compared to Gambit.
    Would you rather no bones? Just playing devil's advocate here.

    I'll gladly keep buying he guest appearances because I'm enjoying them. (And i'm already reading UA)

  4. #4534
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Guest appearances are great, but they're not going to get me to regularly buy x comics again. Seems more like they're just throwing a bone to the fans because we all know that Gambit isn't going to be appearing in the x books regularly when he should be.

    Their's a big difference between a lesser known character not appearing like Husk compared to Gambit.
    For me, its clear that Marvel doesn't want my money or I would have my fav in a book. And I do lobby, via whatever internet format that I can be heard on.

    I don't buy comics regularly now and have not for some time because Gambit is not there. Would I love to have a monthly, yes, yes I would. I don't want Xmen Legacy crap though.

    I'll take an appearance or mini here or there.

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Would you rather no bones? Just playing devil's advocate here.

    I'll gladly keep buying he guest appearances because I'm enjoying them. (And i'm already reading UA)
    ^^ Agreed. I'll take appearances and hope they're good over wallpaper or prop.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

    Guild Member

  5. #4535

    Default

    So various sites are reporting that FOX are "reinvigorating" the X-Men movies. Not much is known but it does appear that Gambit is still very much in their plans and is still in production.
    L'Enfer !

  6. #4536
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    So various sites are reporting that FOX are "reinvigorating" the X-Men movies. Not much is known but it does appear that Gambit is still very much in their plans and is still in production.
    Yeah I saw two sites with the rumor that they are going to reset the franchise. While some on this forum (yes, there is a thread for it already) are complaining. I think a reboot is needed with different actors and all of that.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

    Guild Member

  7. #4537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Yeah I saw two sites with the rumor that they are going to reset the franchise. While some on this forum (yes, there is a thread for it already) are complaining. I think a reboot is needed with different actors and all of that.
    Fully agree. FOX want a shared universe and that only works if you respect continuity. I think these issues are what was holding up Gambit. It's seems that they want the character to become a key player in their universe but couldn't figure out how to fit it with 80's team.
    L'Enfer !

  8. #4538
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    As I've said in those other threads, I'll defend most of the current movies. I've enjoyed all but 2 of them really. But they are bogged down by continuity issues. Fox had no idea what type of universe they could build with the original trilogy and they're trying to play catch up in terms of building that type of universe. It worked, sort of. Let Logan be the wrapping for the original trilogy/First Class trilogy and start new. I have no problem with that. Clearing things up will let them introduce Gambit in the right way and not forcing it.

  9. #4539
    Veteran Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Just reboot everything in Deadpool timeline.
    Finally give me a great X team in movie with my fav characters!

  10. #4540
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    I've enjoyed most of the films. They are alright for what they are. But I think a reboot is good thing. Start over and see how it goes. Look at how many times Spider-Man has been rebooted.

    I do hope Gambit is in the plan for the reboot too.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

    Guild Member

  11. #4541
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,748

    Default

    Exactly.. Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Punisher.. all rebooted more than once. Reboot carries a negative connotation but it doesn't have to be bad.

  12. #4542
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Exactly.. Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Punisher.. all rebooted more than once. Reboot carries a negative connotation but it doesn't have to be bad.
    Agreed. And while some reboots haven't worked well, others have done better than most think.

    Found this from a post at the guild. Gambit's film is back in development.

    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ck-development
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

    Guild Member

  13. #4543
    hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    As I've said in those other threads, I'll defend most of the current movies. I've enjoyed all but 2 of them really. But they are bogged down by continuity issues. Fox had no idea what type of universe they could build with the original trilogy and they're trying to play catch up in terms of building that type of universe. It worked, sort of. Let Logan be the wrapping for the original trilogy/First Class trilogy and start new. I have no problem with that. Clearing things up will let them introduce Gambit in the right way and not forcing it.
    I endorse this. Fox with X1-"The Wolverine" wasn't interested in creating a universe. The idea hadn't been done yet, Marvel was just getting going when X3 came out. After that took off, they tried to catch up, but it was too late really. They allowed Ratner to cripple the franchise because they thought they were done with the trilogy. They weren't building an ongoing universe formed with X-Men and F4 lore (arguably, these two franchises dwarf what Marvel has leftover with the Avengers). They were interested making sequels. That's it.

    Like Purp and a couple commentators over on Collider have said, I think Logan should be the wrapping point for everything between X1 and XMA and reboot starting from Deadpool's universe. They didn't use one character from the already established universe outside of Colossus, which was still a completely different take and actor than what we saw in franchise thus... well he referenced Hugh Jackman a couple times, but that's it. It'd be ideal to use this as a way to reintroduce Gambit.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-10-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters.

  14. #4544
    Veteran Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I endorse this. Fox with X1-"The Wolverine" wasn't interested in creating a universe. The idea hadn't been done yet, Marvel was just getting going when X3 came out. After that took off, they tried to catch up, but it was too late really. They allowed Ratner to cripple the franchise because they thought they were done with the trilogy. They weren't building an ongoing universe formed with X-Men and F4 lore (arguably, these two franchises dwarf what Marvel has leftover with the Avengers). They were interested making sequels. That's it.

    Like Purp and a couple commentators over on Collider have said, I think Logan should be the wrapping point for everything between X1 and XMA and reboot starting from Deadpool's universe. They didn't use one character from the already established universe outside of Colossus, which was still a completely different take and actor than what we saw in franchise thus... well he referenced Hugh Jackman a couple times, but that's it. It'd be ideal to use this as a way to reintroduce Gambit.
    Yep! Deadpool referenced Jackman but he newer referenced Wolverine. They can even recast Logan in it.
    I know noone wants Jackman's Wolverine to be recasted but I am sure most such opinions will change 5 years fter last X movie with Wolverine.

  15. #4545
    hangin on by a thread... donpricetag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Miami... the good one.
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yep! Deadpool referenced Jackman but he newer referenced Wolverine. They can even recast Logan in it.
    I know noone wants Jackman's Wolverine to be recasted but I am sure most such opinions will change 5 years fter last X movie with Wolverine.
    No one wants it, but its necessary. He's pushing 50. Unlike RDJ with Ironman, the Wolverine role take a certain level of athleticism appearance and presence. He physically cant play the role anymore.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •