Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If true, 3 out of 3 film Spider-Men have dated their costars.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEntity View Post
    Even if she were to be reverted to be Mary Jane Watson, I haven't seen anything from her that dispels my reservations about her doing the character justice. I certainly don't expect her to be worse than Kirsten Dunst, who despite having the right looks was pretty much an uninteresting Gwen Stacy with her hair dyed red. Emma Stone could've played a magnificent Mary Jane.
    Emma Stone's Gwen had more in common with 616 Mary Jane than 616 Gwen Stacy. At least that's how I saw it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Emma Stone's Gwen had more in common with 616 Mary Jane than 616 Gwen Stacy. At least that's how I saw it.
    That's why I said that Emma could've made an excellent Mary Jane. Agree with you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If true, 3 out of 3 film Spider-Men have dated their costars.
    So Tom better be careful that he doesn't meet the same fate as them. Tobey and Andew dated their co stars and when their respective Spider Man franchises ended so did their relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to Holland, and he is much younger, but if the two are genuinely happy then cheers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And the streak continues .

So Tom better be careful that he doesn't meet the same fate as them. Tobey and Andrew dated their co stars and when their respective Spider Man franchises ended so did their relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to Holland, and he is much younger, but if the two are genuinely happy then cheers for them.
    I was think about that as well. But even if they do decide they are best as a couple maybe it would still be a good thing for both based on past.

First Spider-man movie series: The two dated but in the end now the two don't like each other.

Second Spider-man movie series: The two dated but in the end no longer a romantic couple but both support and are friends or at least friendly with each other.

Third Spider-man series: The two are now dating but potential future based on past experiences above if keeping on a positive track afterwards set by Andrew and Emma results: Just Best friends and Zendaya is Tom's 'winggal'?

All-New Member

Think were stuck with Zendaya's Michelle Non-Mary Jane "MJ". She's too big of a name to under utilize in the MCU Spider Man franchis
    Is she though?

she might be famous in America, I have no idea. But worldwide, not at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    Is she though?

she might be famous in America, I have no idea. But worldwide, not at all.
    I believe America is a primary focusing point for Marvel and then the world. All I really wanted was a proper adaptation of Mary Jane MJ, not this reinvention of her.

I have mixed feelings about the issue. At least a version of MJ is in the flick, sort of, I guess.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

The people I saw the movie with agreed that Zendaya was the worst part of this film. Why would we want Peter to date a girl who's an ass to him all the time? Switch the genders and people would be concerned about an abusive relationship. Still none of this is on Zendaya as an actress. I think she did a good job portraying an obnoxious character. So, it's the character that I don't like, not necessarily Zendaya.

Also, since people brought it up, I'm American and I'd never heard of her before. But, I'm in my 30s, so, I imagine really young people know who she is... not exactly a mainstream star power.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

My biggest gripe is the total lack of faith they had in Zendaya's character Michelle and felt they had to artificially boost her presence and importance by saying her "friends call her MJ". Why didn't Marvel just make Zendaya Mary Jane in the first place instead of resorting to all this empty and meaningless name game twisting? It makes Marvel look foolish and indecisive IMHO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    My biggest gripe is the total lack of faith they had in Zendaya's character Michelle and felt they had to artificially boost her presence and importance by saying her "friends call her MJ". Why didn't Marvel just make Zendaya Mary Jane in the first place instead of resorting to all this empty and meaningless name game twisting? It makes Marvel look foolish and indecisive IMHO.
    I wouldn't want Zendaya to be Mary Jane.

I would love to see Katherine McNamara in the role.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3031063/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

1) Cuz her character is nothing at all like Mary Jane?
    2) They wanted to make it a big twist reveal. It's heavy trait swapping and thus potentially divisive or controversial or at least twitter-trending-worthy. So, basically comes off like a publicity stunt. Otherwise, yea, they wouldn't have strung it along 'til the end like that.

PS - Mysterio is very underrated ^_^
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

I could see why Sony would do it. If it's clear Zendaya's playing Mary Jane, she might overshadow Liz Allen in the first viewing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets