Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: IDW Publishing

Spectacular Member OutlawGunStar's Avatar

How did that Sitterson situation played out?I assume he wasnt fired?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    How did that Sitterson situation played out?I assume he wasnt fired?
    Nope. The latest incarnation of IDW's Hasbroverse Joe team, SCARLET'S STRIKE FORCE is still coming out next month. Although it's now listed as an eight issue as an eight issue limited series. And Sitterson is still poking the bear which is the fan base though.

Ofc he is...I wish the industy would ease up with the "one of us" attitude.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...rce-cancelled/

I don't read this or care about the drama surrounding the writer, just saw some people talking about this here.

My only thought on this is that people tend to be willing to read something by someone they hate as long as it is enjoyable. They may deny it, but sales usually indicate people don't turn down quality unless it is the quality that is in question.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...rce-cancelled/

I don't read this or care about the drama surrounding the writer, just saw some people talking about this here.

My only thought on this is that people tend to be willing to read something by someone they hate as long as it is enjoyable. They may deny it, but sales usually indicate people don't turn down quality unless it is the quality that is in question.
    You can not question quality for a book that is not out yet.

But as we have seen with the Marvel hate-it does not matter the quality of the book for those who hate who writes it or who stars in it.

While other books with bad writers stay in publication due to who is on the cover that was not a C-Z list white male, POC, LGBT or female.

There is another one "your a racist if you dont read it argument. :|
    From what I understand,his book fell below 7K anyway,so I doubt a relaunch would help outside a small #1 boost.

Sitterson’s work was simply not good enough to compensate for his caustic attitude. His writing was weak and saying “fuck you” to 9/11 mourners is just ridiculous. G.I. Joe deserves better.
    CBR's Age of Marvels and DC New Dawn December 2017 - Fan Made Solicit Games, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Spectacular Member

Luckily, IDW fired his ass. You can judge a books quality even if it’s not released if the writer did a shitty job on the exact same characters in the series preceding it. He is a shitty writer and never should have been involved with G.I. Joe to begin with.