Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jun 20, 2014

Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso opens up on this fall's "AXIS" event, the recent promotions and hires and the state of the Ultimate Universe.

Full article here.

Only way Marvel will have everyone talking about the Ultimate universe is if the anounce an Ultimate Reboot. They have litteraly killed all of the universe viability over the years of no ideas but massive character deaths.

I have usually enjoyed the diverse artists Thunderbolts has had, but not really feeling this preview art. But I'll wait for the finished product before being negative.

Purple Arrow vs Black Widow, Purple Arrow vs Deadpool, Hulk vs Iron Man, Deadpool vs Spider Man.
    It's kind of incentuous. The same small bunch of popular heroes guest staring in each other titles or sharing a mini series.

What about giving some visibility to lesser known characters outside of their own book? Like Blue Marvel teaming up with the FF or White Tiger fighting Deadpool?

People who don't buy Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers World or New Avengers will still be exposed to him whenever he teams up with Hulk or Thor, or appears in an event, or just pop up in some panel of Spider Man.
    People who don't buy Mighty Avengers will never be exposed to Blue Marvel or Power Man, and thus will never be curious about them.

Thunderbolt artist has this whole Joe Madureira vibe going on. Wonder if that's his actual style, or if he got asked to lean a little more in that direction.

I'm not getting a Joe Mad vibe at all. It does feel a little manga/anime-esque, but not like Joe's work.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I'm not getting a Joe Mad vibe at all. It does feel a little manga/anime-esque, but not like Joe's work.
    Totally seeing it in the faces.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Totally seeing it in the faces.
    Ha, and that's totally where I see a divergence! Particularly Elektra's face.

I have zero interest in Black Widow or this series. I will buy the Hawkeye issue though if he is written as the competent hero trained by Captain America and who has led teams. I'm not interested if it's the total loser Fraction has created with that name and has now infected Secret Avengers as well...

He will probably be closer to the Fraction version. His cameo in the last BW issue was him falling onto the roof of a car, then looking charmingly confused iirc. With his ever present face bandages.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Thunderbolt artist has this whole Joe Madureira vibe going on. Wonder if that's his actual style, or if he got asked to lean a little more in that direction.
    Really? I always thought he had a Ramos type of style.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Purple Arrow vs Black Widow, Purple Arrow vs Deadpool, Hulk vs Iron Man, Deadpool vs Spider Man.
    It's kind of incentuous. The same small bunch of popular heroes guest staring in each other titles or sharing a mini series.

What about giving some visibility to lesser known characters outside of their own book? Like Blue Marvel teaming up with the FF or White Tiger fighting Deadpool?

People who don't buy Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers World or New Avengers will still be exposed to him whenever he teams up with Hulk or Thor, or appears in an event, or just pop up in some panel of Spider Man.
    People who don't buy Mighty Avengers will never be exposed to Blue Marvel or Power Man, and thus will never be curious about them.
    maybe it's just that none of the writers wanna write about Blue Marvel or White Tiger, but wiuld jump at the chance to write some Iron Man or Deadpool.

It's too bad Wolverine is about to die, 'cause i like his new costume. I'm so shallow.

'Wolverine and the X-Men' becomes... 'Cyclops and the X-Men'! Well, I hope.
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    I have zero interest in Black Widow or this series. I will buy the Hawkeye issue though if he is written as the competent hero trained by Captain America and who has led teams. I'm not interested if it's the total loser Fraction has created with that name and has now infected Secret Avengers as well...
    If Fraction's Hawkeye is a loser only because he is not a perfect killing machine but he makes error and has feeling than we are all losers.