Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,503

    Default Axel-In-Charge - Jun 20, 2014

    Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso opens up on this fall's "AXIS" event, the recent promotions and hires and the state of the Ultimate Universe.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member WeaponX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Only way Marvel will have everyone talking about the Ultimate universe is if the anounce an Ultimate Reboot. They have litteraly killed all of the universe viability over the years of no ideas but massive character deaths.

  3. #3

    Default

    I have usually enjoyed the diverse artists Thunderbolts has had, but not really feeling this preview art. But I'll wait for the finished product before being negative.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Purple Arrow vs Black Widow, Purple Arrow vs Deadpool, Hulk vs Iron Man, Deadpool vs Spider Man.
    It's kind of incentuous. The same small bunch of popular heroes guest staring in each other titles or sharing a mini series.

    What about giving some visibility to lesser known characters outside of their own book? Like Blue Marvel teaming up with the FF or White Tiger fighting Deadpool?

    People who don't buy Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers World or New Avengers will still be exposed to him whenever he teams up with Hulk or Thor, or appears in an event, or just pop up in some panel of Spider Man.
    People who don't buy Mighty Avengers will never be exposed to Blue Marvel or Power Man, and thus will never be curious about them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member cyberhubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Thunderbolt artist has this whole Joe Madureira vibe going on. Wonder if that's his actual style, or if he got asked to lean a little more in that direction.

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm not getting a Joe Mad vibe at all. It does feel a little manga/anime-esque, but not like Joe's work.

  7. #7
    Senior Member cyberhubbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I'm not getting a Joe Mad vibe at all. It does feel a little manga/anime-esque, but not like Joe's work.
    Totally seeing it in the faces.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Totally seeing it in the faces.
    Ha, and that's totally where I see a divergence! Particularly Elektra's face.

  9. #9
    Admitted Curmudgeon Steve068's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (reluctantly)
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I have zero interest in Black Widow or this series. I will buy the Hawkeye issue though if he is written as the competent hero trained by Captain America and who has led teams. I'm not interested if it's the total loser Fraction has created with that name and has now infected Secret Avengers as well...

  10. #10

    Default

    He will probably be closer to the Fraction version. His cameo in the last BW issue was him falling onto the roof of a car, then looking charmingly confused iirc. With his ever present face bandages.

  11. #11
    Senior Member harashkupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Thunderbolt artist has this whole Joe Madureira vibe going on. Wonder if that's his actual style, or if he got asked to lean a little more in that direction.
    Really? I always thought he had a Ramos type of style.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Purple Arrow vs Black Widow, Purple Arrow vs Deadpool, Hulk vs Iron Man, Deadpool vs Spider Man.
    It's kind of incentuous. The same small bunch of popular heroes guest staring in each other titles or sharing a mini series.

    What about giving some visibility to lesser known characters outside of their own book? Like Blue Marvel teaming up with the FF or White Tiger fighting Deadpool?

    People who don't buy Iron Man, Avengers, Avengers World or New Avengers will still be exposed to him whenever he teams up with Hulk or Thor, or appears in an event, or just pop up in some panel of Spider Man.
    People who don't buy Mighty Avengers will never be exposed to Blue Marvel or Power Man, and thus will never be curious about them.
    maybe it's just that none of the writers wanna write about Blue Marvel or White Tiger, but wiuld jump at the chance to write some Iron Man or Deadpool.

  13. #13
    Senior Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    263

    Default

    It's too bad Wolverine is about to die, 'cause i like his new costume. I'm so shallow.

  14. #14
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    919

    Default

    'Wolverine and the X-Men' becomes... 'Cyclops and the X-Men'! Well, I hope.
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  15. #15
    Senior Member brainwasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    I have zero interest in Black Widow or this series. I will buy the Hawkeye issue though if he is written as the competent hero trained by Captain America and who has led teams. I'm not interested if it's the total loser Fraction has created with that name and has now infected Secret Avengers as well...
    If Fraction's Hawkeye is a loser only because he is not a perfect killing machine but he makes error and has feeling than we are all losers.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •