Thread: Library comics!

Default Library comics!

Living in an area with a great library system I can and do use the library to read many comics I don't buy (I also buy a bunch of comics... this isn't the only way I read comic books). I was wondering how many of you can / do use the public library to get comics and how effective is to for you?

As for me...

I live in the greater Pittsburgh area and our library system is amazing with comic books. I typically read about 5 trades a week from the library.
    ... viddy well, little brother, viddy well...

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    Living in an area with a great library system I can and do use the library to read many comics I don't buy (I also buy a bunch of comics... this isn't the only way I read comic books). I was wondering how many of you can / do use the public library to get comics and how effective is to for you?

As for me...

I live in the greater Pittsburgh area and our library system is amazing with comic books. I typically read about 5 trades a week from the library.
    Libraries are a great option for comics. You can also get library comics digitally through Hoopla and other apps.

I check out comics from libraries pretty often. Was surprised to find out that our army library has a pretty good collection of comics, lol.
    BB

We have a good library system for comics, too. Plus we have a sharing system where I can borrow a book from any participating library in the entire state of Ohio.

But it seems like every time I start to read a series, they never have the final collections. For example, I'm still waiting for the library--any library--in my area to get Volumes 8 & 9 of The Sixth Gun. I don't think they're on Hoopla, either.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

I will admit I have been using my nearby library a lot. Waiting for a computer and having easy access to comics is something worth looking forward too. Recently I have discovered another library. Thing I am scared about is returning books. I have a whole backpack and more to return. Then somebody is waiting in line for my book. However they seem to cancel which works out just fine for me.

Of course by comics we mean collections in assorted graphic novel form ( Comics in a hard book format ). In terms of traditional comics print format in general. It is not a good idea to leave such a soft material lying around. Germs are all over the place.

I used to use our local library system to check out tpbs and GNs, until they started shelving them with the regular books.

I love regular books, but when I want to check out what new comics they've got, it helps a lot if they're all shelved together.