Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218
Results 3,256 to 3,269 of 3269

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Sometime you just have to get on the meme bandwagon.

Looks like Affleck in the S suit.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Am I the only one who loves the bright vibrant colors over the grey look?
    Superman was a beacon to the world. He didnít just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Nope, I agree. But both are altered from the suit's real colors, which I prefer over either one of those.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I like it too. However i am agreeing with JAK here. There's an unnatural tint here which is noticeable. Otherwise i prefer the brighter color. In motion as it was on screen it was better looking. I liked the brighter color a lot more then earlier films. A still pic somehow looks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I like it too. However i am agreeing with JAK here. There's an unnatural tint here which is noticeable. Otherwise i prefer the brighter color. In motion as it was on screen it was better looking. I liked the brighter color a lot more then earlier films. A still pic somehow looks off.
    Yes, there's something very "plastic" about it. I prefer the JL look where we finally got to see him in the suit without the d**n grey filter.
    Superman was a beacon to the world. He didnít just save people, he made them see the best part of themselves.

Yes, there's something very "plastic" about it. I prefer the JL look where we finally got to see him in the suit without the d**n grey filter.
    The suit he wore in the race was... off-putting.

Looked like a padded costume for a fancy dress party.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    The suit he wore in the race was... off-putting.

Looked like a padded costume for a fancy dress party.
    Agreed. He looked ok through most of the rest of the movie. But that cell phone scene and the end credits Flash race scene it looked cheap and fake as all get out.

The suits in these movies were meant to work with the filters to achieve the look Snyder was looking for. When you change the type of filters or color grading, they are going to look off.

If and when Henry's Superman returns, If they insist on a bright color palette, they will have to recalibrate the colors and textures accordingly. I do hope they keep the overall look the same though in terms of the more alien bent to the suit and don't try to force a homemade red trunks and Lycra spandex look just because " yay! Nostalgia!". Im not against the classic suit per say, but since the studio seems to be trying to tilt DCEU Superman back to Donner's version given they started using the William's theme for Supes in JL, I'd at least like to see them hold on to some of the visual elements of the Snyderverse. The overall design of the MOS/BvS suit was fine and still works for a cinematic Superman. I'd keep the look of the BvS suit and add back the round buckle from MOS. Maybe add a little bit of red to the patterns around his belt/ trunk area to give the visual zibe of the trunks without slapping them on. Maybe ease up the metallic Sheen a tad,but keep the chainmail and Kryptonian script look.

Besides If they do decide on going full trunks on Supes, then Batman should either be put in the Adam West suit or the 1989 Keaton suit, and Gal should be put in Lynda Carter's 70's swim suit Wonder Woman costume.What's good for the nostalgia goose should be good for the nostalgia gander. Superman shouldn't be forced to stay in one singular look when the same standard isn't applied to Batman or the other DC characters. Either let Supes look evolve like everyone else, or go full nostalgia with everyone.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-16-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I'll never understand why they spent months and months training Cavill just so he can wear a suit with fake muscles in every Superman related movie he's been in. Sure you need a well built frame to lay said fake muscles on to make it look good, but the illusion is quickly broken when you see all of the noticeable puckering and bunching around whenever he bends his arms, and the illusion of the suit being skin tight is totally lost.

Change the fabric, take off or minimize the fake muscles, or something, bruh, because once the lighting and effects change it's gonna look extra dumb.

For that and the signification of a clear break from the last Superman trilogy, rather than any sort of nostalgia, I'd advocate a noticeable change in the costume. Cavill's big dude right? Why not just, I dunno, use it?
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

"Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."

-Coffee That

PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'll never understand why they spent months and months training Cavill just so he can wear a suit with fake muscles in every Superman related movie he's been in. Sure you need a well built frame to lay said fake muscles on to make it look good, but the illusion is quickly broken when you see all of the noticeable puckering and bunching around whenever he bends his arms, and the illusion of the suit being skin tight is totally lost.

Change the fabric, take off or minimize the fake muscles, or something, bruh, because once the lighting and effects change it's gonna look extra dumb.

For that and the signification of a clear break from the last Superman trilogy, rather than any sort of nostalgia, I'd advocate a noticeable change in the costume. Cavill's big dude right? Why not just, I dunno, use it?
    Because actual tights rather than some complicated, space age fabric which is so thick and constricting that it negates the actor's muscle definition and requires an underlying muscle suit would be lame and corny, or something.

Lycra spandex doesn't quite give you the painted-on-costume look of comic books. I mean, a big, muscular guy is going to look like a big, muscular guy regardless of what he's wearing, but unless you've got a certain amount of bulk, you're not going to get that bulging biceps look that director wants. I think, in general, you gotta be something like an NFL middle linebacker in order to capture that look, but there just aren't that many 6'3" 245-lb actors with 20" necks. Cavill would need a lot of PED's to capture that look, and we don't need both Henry and Ben with gynecomastia...

Despite the limitations of Lycra spandex, though, the fake muscle suits aren't a big improvement, either, if they're an improvement at all. The only time in recent times I liked the fake muscles was when they made Christian Bale's fake muscles into scaly armor for The Dark Knight, so that it looked like tactical gear. I know a lot of people hate the armored look for Batman, but I'm in favor of it especially for Nolan's hyper-realistic take on the Batman universe.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

If they (Warner Butchers) are leaning back in favor of a cloth-based costume, for Superman it should be the Reborn costume. and not the godawful trunks.

Superman by LucianoVecchio.jpg
    For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, for every you there's someone like me to fight back. And I don't give up. - Nu52 Superman

Superman Avatar drawn by Jonboy Meyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    If they (Warner Butchers) are leaning back in favor of a cloth-based costume, for Superman it should be the Reborn costume. and not the godawful trunks.

Superman by LucianoVecchio.jpg
    They did have cloth costume for the recent TV version. Sans trunks. Even had sort of a similar cape attachment. And the S curl in his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They did have cloth costume for the recent TV version. Sans trunks. Even had sort of a similar cape attachment. And the S curl in his hair.

And yet, somehow, the difference between it and the MoS costume are lost on me. Or, putting it another way, the MoS costume, minus the filter over the cameras, looks better than this though both lose to the classic costume in my opinion. Though I think it also comes down to who is wearing a costume and which one that actor looks better in.

What I mean with Tyler Hoechlin is that the costume still looks kind of dark (in the literal sense) instead of bright and has that leathery quality to the cape, boots, etc.
    Last edited by Powerboy; Today at 08:29 AM.