Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night: The All Encompassing Lantern Discussion Thread

I'm making this thread because I noticed there wasn't a comprehensive thread where we could discuss multiple Lantern titles (GL, RL, New Guardians). Rebirth might be trimming the fat of GL titles but not to long ago, Lanterns were all the rage! Let's keep the torches burning!

Now, this gives me the opportunity to ask a question. I haven't followed GL since War of the GL and vol 1 of New 52 Sinestro. I was thinking about buying all the collected editions of the stories I missed. At least until Johns' run ends at #20 (the first 3 volumes). However for GL, GL Corps, GL New Guardians and Red Lanterns, I'm foreseeing a very large hole in my wallet. So, I would appreciate any recommendations for titles I should most look out for. Also any recommendations for the other big GL events after Johns left, Godhead for example, would be appreciated.

image.jpg
    Been a fan of Green Lantern since I bought this comic, unbelievably now 39 years ago lol
    Gave up on GL as I did with DC altogether after COIE's... Went back a couple of times but never really liked it until Johns Green Lantern Rebirth, that was brilliant and I also enjoyed the Brightest Day and Blackest Night stuff... Can't say I've enjoyed much of the New 52 stuff and gave up on it a few years back.... but am looking forward to whatever reboot he's having and will once again give it a go

Rebirths!

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    image.jpg
    Been a fan of Green Lantern since I bought this comic, unbelievably now 39 years ago lol
    Gave up on GL as I did with DC altogether after COIE's... Went back a couple of times but never really liked it until Johns Green Lantern Rebirth, that was brilliant and I also enjoyed the Brightest Day and Blackest Night stuff... Can't say I've enjoyed much of the New 52 stuff and gave up on it a few years back.... but am looking forward to whatever reboot he's having and will once again give it a go
    Moderators can say what they want but this site is screwing up big time. Here we go again. I haven't followed GL since BN/BD but picked up Lost Army. Not bad but not great. Bunn hasn't been my favorite since Fearless Defenders but I think it's the Earth centric Lanterns that bog down the storylines. Time to move the rest of the Corps center front.

BANNED

I read GL for decades and quit right before new 52. It became too event driven for me.
    I will pick up the new book and give it a chance.
    And bring back G'Nortt!

Hal Jordan and Sinestro are two of my fav comicbook characters

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Hal Jordan and Sinestro are two of my fav comicbook characters
    They are the best.

^^^^They really are the best

Sinestro can be an amazing anti-hero and villain. What a wonderful character

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    So, I would appreciate any recommendations for titles I should most look out for. Also any recommendations for the other big GL events after Johns left, Godhead for example, would be appreciated.
    You can skip 'New Guardians' & 'Red Lanterns', and focus on GL & GLC. 'Red Lanterns' becomes really good once Soule starts writing it (issue #21-37), I do recommend giving it a try.
    After Johns' departure the only series I'd recommend is 'Sinestro'. It crosses over with other GL titles here and there, but can also be enjoyed on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    You can skip 'New Guardians' & 'Red Lanterns', and focus on GL & GLC. 'Red Lanterns' becomes really good once Soule starts writing it (issue #21-37), I do recommend giving it a try.
    After Johns' departure the only series I'd recommend is 'Sinestro'. It crosses over with other GL titles here and there, but can also be enjoyed on it's own.
    Thanks for answering my question. I surmised New Guardians and Red Lanterns weren't going to be worth the read.

I'll definitely check out Sinestro.

They are the best.

those are cool covers, i'm wondering if there are statues/figures made of hal and sinestro in those poses.

Rebirths!

man, that's a nice homage to his earlier work.

btw, how is jesica's eye tattoo working with everybody?

Well it depends what and who you want to read about. Personally, New Guardians is my favourite Lantern title ever. But if Hal is your favourite then you're unlikely to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    I was going to make similar recommendations but this guy beat me to it lol. Sinestro has been really good, and you should definitely check out Red Lanterns once Soule takes up writing duties on it. I've never been a Guy Gardner fan but Soule really turned that around for me and did some great work on that book. Also Lost Army is worth checking out, I'm a big Bunn fan and he does some awesome back story on Stewart.