Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    LOL! That's a whole another subject... folks liking characters cuz they are attractive and powerful despite the fact they're supposed to be bad guys. I remember when the Hickman run on New Avengers started Black Swan showed up, killed some Wakandans, killed her own guy, then tried to manipulate the heroes...you had some fans thinking that she and Black Panther should date!

In my real life I took a woman I was living with at the time to see the movie Way Of The Gun some years ago. She's like "Why did those boys have to die?" I'm like, "Babe! They kidnapped a pregnant lady and held her for ransom...they're not good guys!"
    Or naruto fangirls adoring sasuke even though he's a total jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    @Mecegirl I was in high school when Revenge of the Sith came out. I got into an argument with this girl in my french class who was upset that Anakin "the hot guy" turned evil and got burned up on mustafar. I tried to explain to her that that's what was supposed to happen, that Darth Vader's suit was a life support system, but she wasn't having it, because the hot guy wasn't hot anymore.

If Anakin was still attractive, people would think he could be redeemed because he's good looking, just like they do with Kylo Ren. Kylo would probably thank Rey for giving him that scar, maybe next time he'll ask her to cut his hand off, skywalkers are always losing hands.
    Sometimes I think I'm just bad at being a fangirl?

With Kylo I'm still having a hard time seeing the actor as that attractive at all. The Loki stuff I could kinda get. I don't want him redeemed just because, but at least the actor is attractive. This guy? No, me calling him a wet blanket is being generous. But you have to be careful. Talk too negatively about the Kylo/Rey ship and you will be accused of kinkshameing. :P

With Anakin. I was never too big on that actors looks, but I'm biased when it comes to stuff like that. It takes a bit for me to swoon over a white guy. But I would call him cute at least, until it got to the point in episode 2 he was being creepy with Padme. And then in episode 3 he started rocking the tortured soul with runny mascara look. Its just not hot. It's not...why some girls loose their minds I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

With Kylo I'm still having a hard time seeing the actor as that attractive at all. The Loki stuff I could kinda get. I don't want him redeemed just because, but at least the actor is attractive. This guy? No, me calling him a wet blanket is being generous. But you have to be careful. Talk too negatively about the Kylo/Rey ship and you will be accused of kinkshameing. :P

With Anakin. I was never too big on that actors looks, but I'm biased when it comes to stuff like that. It takes a bit for me to swoon over a white guy. But I would call him cute at least, until it got to the point in episode 2 he was being creepy with Padme. And then in episode 3 he started rocking the tortured soul with runny mascara look. Its just not hot. It's not...why some girls loose their minds I don't know.
    I feel the same way. All I see when i look at kylo ren is the emo memes going around. I used to like Anakin alot but now i find im incredibly annoying. After the excellence that was the cartoon and me not being 12 anymore I feel nothing but disgust looking at him. Im just like these dudes arent attractive at all but finn and poe are so easy to swoon over.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

I want to say that I didn't find Anakin attractive in RotS, but when I saw that movie, I realized that I was attracted to guys, so, I can't really front xD That being said, I would never ship that character with Padmé (even if I did like the two together during The Clone Wars), or any other character, but that's just me.

A lot of fans, and the writers are probably aware of this, use the sex appeal/attractiveness of certain characters to excuse all sorts of vile acts, or gain sympathy. I'm pretty sure that's a large part of the Kilgrave fandom that has popped up after Jessica Jones, but don't quote me on that.

"What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit?" -Lady Olenna

"You can't go into space because the machine already got blown up by Jake cocka doodie Busey!" - Stewie Wilkes

"I am many things, stupid is not one of them!" - Olivia Pope

"Fifty black people get their *** beat by place everyday but the whole world gotta stop for one little whitey down the hole" - Brenda, Scary Movie 3

Apparently some fans are theorizing that Rey is Anakin reincarnated and that's how she has the skills she has

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I want to say that I didn't find Anakin attractive in RotS, but when I saw that movie, I realized that I was attracted to guys, so, I can't really front xD That being said, I would never ship that character with Padmé (even if I did like the two together during The Clone Wars), or any other character, but that's just me.

A lot of fans, and the writers are probably aware of this, use the sex appeal/attractiveness of certain characters to excuse all sorts of vile acts, or gain sympathy. I'm pretty sure that's a large part of the Kilgrave fandom that has popped up after Jessica Jones, but don't quote me on that.
    Isn't that more folks being David Tennant fans than being Killgrave fans, though? I mean Killgrave as a character lacked any sympathy...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Isn't that more folks being David Tennant fans than being Killgrave fans, though? I mean Killgrave as a character lacked any sympathy...
    I also think it's mostly about Tennant, but some would argue that (I'm putting in spoilers just in case) spoilers:
    his parents' experiments turned him into someone who had no sympathy for others.
    end of spoilers. While, I felt slightly bad for the character, I personally didn't find him sympathetic. Charming? Sure. I just wouldn't be surprised if there were people out there who felt so bad for him, that they began to rationalize his actions.

"What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit?" -Lady Olenna

"You can't go into space because the machine already got blown up by Jake cocka doodie Busey!" - Stewie Wilkes

"I am many things, stupid is not one of them!" - Olivia Pope

"Fifty black people get their *** beat by place everyday but the whole world gotta stop for one little whitey down the hole" - Brenda, Scary Movie 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

Replace the jedi robes with black leather and he'd be the lead singer for an emo punk band. Some girls are into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Apparently some fans are theorizing that Rey is Anakin reincarnated and that's how she has the skills she has
    I still say that she's Obi-Wan's grandaughter. I'm tired of the Skywalkers being the only force sensitive family in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Replace the jedi robes with black leather and he'd be the lead singer for an emo punk band. Some girls are into that.

I still say that she's Obi-Wan's grandaughter. I'm tired of the Skywalkers being the only force sensitive family in the galaxy.

That can only work if Obi-Wan became a Grey Jedi like Qui-Gon who could have a family, as it stands it looks like he wasn't and spent his days watching over Luke from afar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    Agreed totally.

I'm still baffled that people are defending this junk.
    Different strokes, for different folks I suppose. :smh:
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

BANNED

Eh some people want to settle and hope for things to get better...and some of us are tired of this BS and arent giving any benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    This is all fine and dandy, and there is nothing wrong with having a gay or bi black male character finn or otherwise....but I'm calling b.s. on some of the dismissive accretions.

You guys are saying this like there is some huge abundance of powerful straight black males in sci-fi/fantasy/action entertainment... It's not. Im sorry, As if straight black men have this huge pool of bad ass characters to relate to...we dont. Look at one of the most popular shows and the difference in how black men are shown and treated (Walking dead). Your blanket statement is that black men don't support Michonne or Sasha, while the majority of the black men are ineffectual and end up dead. Really? All the black people including black men who supported the only main black x-men Storm? Really? Zoe from Firefly? Straight black men also seen most of their geekdom identifying with others races and genders. Real talk.

When it comes to things that young straight black males can identify with...they usually have to settle. There is no difference. Here we are pitting one group against the other...seperation and then acting as if the said group some how doesnt identify with other groups?

While there would be nothing wrong with Gay Finn, acting as if its not important to have a relatable straight black male character is being dishonest. There isnt a lot. I'm a father of two young black and I also made the mistake of taking my nephew to that b.s of a joke move called Force Awakens. I'm fine, its no big deal to me because I know the deal and I'm use to it...but seeing his disappointment was real. It's very sad how CBR folks are writing this crap off and making excuses and even discounting opinions.

Also Maj. I agree with you 100%.
    You need to post here more often my bro.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Eh some people want to settle and hope for things to get better...and some of us are tired of this BS and arent giving any benefit of the doubt.
    It's okay for people to have differing opinions my bro.

BANNED

Meh so you say so you say....as for Finn being gay...bi maybe but gay come one he spent a whole movie chasing Rey around not gay in my book. So I would spend more time wondering if Finn will take a level of badass or if he will shift from Lead to Supporting and offstage while keeping his every man charm.

Come on Russo Bros, Dont Disappoint Us.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It's not settling to accept a characterization other than 100% bad ass all the time. And even with that very few people in here are all in with what was done with Finn, there are still flaws with how he was portrayed even as the every man character. Those flaws have been talked about. Everyone agrees that the bait and switch was fucked up. What more do you want? Total compliance?