Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    If You've Never Really seen scooby doo or know about how scrappy doo is then you cannot really comment on this thread like everything else
    Sez who?

(Besides, I know who Scrappy Doo is . . . I have seen the occasional Scooby Doo episode; I just never watched this stuff regularly as either a kid or an adult.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Because Scrappy Doo being evil and hated has been done before?
    We don't actually know that's what's going on, though.
    Which was sort of my point.
    People can say "I hope they're not planning to . . . " after reading JUST solicitations / interviews; people can make judgments on if they think they'll bother to buy it or not. But do you HAVE TO make all these threads about stuff you REALLY don't know a whole lot about yet (though you make it SOUND like you do)?

it clearly sounds like he's being prepped up to be a villain in the book
    But you / we don't KNOW yet if that's the ultimate plan, do you?
    Can't it be that there's an evil Scrappy-Doo CLONE as well as a good Scrappy-Doo held prisoner or something?

http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/S...pse-2___501884

"The apocalypse continues as Scooby and the gang explore a mysterious facility that may hold the key to their survival. Little do they know that a particularly powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts are waiting in the shadows-and they're ready to attack!"

are you kidding me?! scrappy doo is the villain just like the first live action movie just why? why do we have to be reminded that fans hate scrappy doo by refusing to make him a better character and instead make him a heartless villain
    I'm tired of all the Scrappy bashing. He wasn't thaaaat bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not having seen any of the Scooby-Doo movies . . . not really having watched many Scooby-Doo cartoons when I was younger . . . having read many of the OP's threads before . . . all I can say is:
    WHY CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT AND READ A COMIC BOOK BEFORE MAKING A JUDGEMENT CALL?!?

(My apologies for yelling.)
    LOL at this statement. Like a third of all the posts on these boards are about stuff that hasn't even come out yet. In fact, one of the reasons the solicits are put out is so people can make a judgement call about a book (whether the idea is good/bad/interesting/worth buying). The only thing people can talk about is what they expect. Should people limit their thoughts to ones of excitement and praise or not even discuss future books at all then?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    LOL at this statement. Like a third of all the posts on these boards are about stuff that hasn't even come out yet. In fact, one of the reasons the solicits are put out is so people can make a judgement call about a book (whether the idea is good/bad/interesting/worth buying). The only thing people can talk about is what they expect. Should people limit their thoughts to ones of excitement and praise or not even discuss future books at all then?
    No but you should not do the reverse either. When a poster makes seveal threads a week only complaining about books not out yet it becomes just as limiting as when you only praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    No but you should not do the reverse either. When a poster makes seveal threads a week only complaining about books not out yet it becomes just as limiting as when you only praise.
    As long as they are civil, a poster is not obligated or required to say anything positive if they don't feel that way, nor should they feel like they should censor themselves. If there is something positive to be said, other posters can easily have their say.

Spectacular Member

lol I think there's one thing my sister and I agreed on when we were kids. Scrappy eps were ones to avoid because he was so annoying.

I never saw the live action scooby movies so I didn't know they made scrappy evil. Now I have to tell my sister when I talk to her. Although she probably knows since she has kids and they probably saw it.

Invincible Member

I have to admit to not liking Scrappy back in the day. Obviously, his pugnacious personality was supposed to be funny and endearing but a fair number of us just thought it was annoying. And it seems like they put no thought into his catch phrase.

Having said that, at the time time, he clicked with younger kids. So, he was kinda Poochie that actually worked

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    As long as they are civil, a poster is not obligated or required to say anything positive if they don't feel that way, nor should they feel like they should censor themselves. If there is something positive to be said, other posters can easily have their say.
    No they are not obligated but why does that mean other people are then obligated not to point out the flaws with that persons logic? Espescially when that poster makes these threads and complains and then often by his own admission often does not even read or intend to read the series talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Obviously, his pugnacious personality was supposed to be funny and endearing but a fair number of us just thought it was annoying.
    Having said that, at the time time, he clicked with younger kids. So, he was kinda Poochie that actually worked
    Kind of like Damian is today, although at least Morrison had the decency to impale him on sword and end it, cause he knew what a Scrappy-Doo the character was. Of course DC brought him back LOL!

"The apocalypse continues as Scooby and the gang explore a mysterious facility that may hold the key to their survival. Little do they know that a particularly powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts are waiting in the shadows-and they're ready to attack!"
    Reading this again in that context, maybe Scrappy- "particularly powerful puppy and his gang of mutated mutts" are clones of Scooby, bred in an artificial womb and trained to be part of a mutant puppy army to take over the world(Scooby Apocalypse!)
    Enter Batman Inc. (strike that) Mystery Inc. who must come together and stop them, ending with Scooby adopting his spoiled, hyper, pugnacious, big-headed and annoying mutant clone.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-02-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I'm tired of all the Scrappy bashing. He wasn't thaaaat bad.
    I agree. I've seen worse. COUGHMINIONSCOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    WHY CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT AND READ A COMIC BOOK BEFORE MAKING A JUDGEMENT CALL?!?

(My apologies for yelling.)
    This board needs a 'like' button...
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

This says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

This says it all.
    So true!

...............cs_waa.gif
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-17-2017 at 09:24 AM.

I never really understood why Scrappy was so hated. As a kid i liked him. There are worse cartoon sidekicks out there. Snarf comes to mind.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Are Scooby Dee and Scooby Dum next to be transformed into baddies?!!!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362