Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member

Default I am sick of the Maggott slander.

I know Marvel reads the boards.

I have been for a while but my anger flared up when I saw Goldballs in Spider-Man. Like, stop trying to convince me he's cool.

Do you know how many characters you could call trash if you just look at the packaging? Glob Herman? Shark Girl?

Maggott was my favorite character when I got into comics and he gets numerous cameos. But writers take every opportunity to shit on him in CBR interviews.

Like, damn. He was one of the only black xmen who was African but could speak with contractions and not sound like a total robot. Dude had an actual personality. Bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    I know Marvel reads the boards.

I have been for a while but my anger flared up when I saw Goldballs in Spider-Man. Like, stop trying to convince me he's cool.

Do you know how many characters you could call trash if you just look at the packaging? Glob Herman? Shark Girl?

Maggott was my favorite character when I got into comics and he gets numerous cameos. But writers take every opportunity to shit on him in CBR interviews.

Like, damn. He was one of the only black xmen who was African but could speak with contractions and not sound like a total robot. Dude had an actual personality. Bring him back.
    Golbals is not cool, he's funny. Glob and Shark-Girl get enough well deserved slander and Come on, Maggot has never been cool at all. Sorry to hurt your feelings but I think even Triage has more fans then Maggot.
    If you do not like the way Marvel treats the X-Men and FF, stop complaining and sign the petition, "Marvel Entertainment: Please Include X-Men & Fantastic Four Characters in More Games/Cartoons/Merchandise/etc.." HERE

Goldballs is still being used? Seriously? What a tragedy that that character is even in existence. I thought after UXM ended, we would be done for good with him. Sucks that the best character Tempus isn't being used, yet the generic Triage (Who besides healing brings virtually nothing to the table) and now Goldballs is being used.

And Maggott is a fun character. A bit of a ripoff of DC's Blue Beetle, but a novelty character to enjoy. I'm still bewildered why they never had him and Marrow hook up. The chemistry between them was hot!!!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Dick Grayson, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Golbals is not cool, he's funny. Glob and Shark-Girl get enough well deserved slander and Come on, Maggot has never been cool at all. Sorry to hurt your feelings but I think even Triage has more fans then Maggot.
    No character is worthless, that's my point.

And with as much as writers talk about him, may as well actually use him.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Goldballs is still being used? Seriously? What a tragedy that that character is even in existence. I thought after UXM ended, we would be done for good with him. Sucks that the best character Tempus isn't being used, yet the generic Triage (Who besides healing brings virtually nothing to the table) and now Goldballs is being used.

And Maggott is a fun character. A bit of a ripoff of DC's Blue Beetle, but a novelty character to enjoy. I'm still bewildered why they never had him and Marrow hook up. The chemistry between them was hot!!!

Maggott was before Jaime Reyes. And the two aren't alike at all.

I thought this was a Hillary Clinton parody thread at first.

Veteran Member

You know i find it strange how he is frequently brought up in a joking sense. Just recently by a editor in a X-position. At least he is possible still alive and powered.

It is laughable when they keep pushing:
    -The 05
    -Deadpool
    -FantocheX
    -X23
    -"Dark" anything, especially Dark Angel

The list goes on.

Remember, someone's garbage is another's treasure.

Your soul is mine! JustAnotherFan's Avatar

It really is a tragedy that many awful, awful characters who are way worse than Maggott (Eye-boy, Glob Herman, Goldballs, etc.) get used while Maggott has to be the butt of every joke. Also, I feel like x-books have become more about strange and bizarre freak characters (like the aforementioned ones) whose only purpose is to be a sight gag while the actual characters with more than 1-dimensional personalities and actual potential as characters are left in the limbo. I don't know why that is but that's just how it seems to be.

And I'm not even opposed to utilizing funny and ridiculous characters, heck, I would probably be first to defend them IF they weren't so numerous, didn't appear so often and didn't take as much space as they do these days! I mean there are tons of cool characters (New Mutants, Generation X, NXM kids AND over half of the actual X-Men/X-Force/X-Factor characters!) being left in limbo while writers use walking jokes like Glob Herman and friends!

But if they want to use them then fine, they can do that. It just gives me one more reason to not buy their books \_(ツ)_/

No character is worthless, that's my point.

And with as much as writers talk about him, may as well actually use him.
    Well no character besides Fantomex of course. He's completely without any worth. But other than that I agree with this sentiment whole heartedly.

you know what? I bet if Maggot werent a FoX/X character but a Disney/Marvel character, we'd be seeing him treated seriously as a black superhero and pushed everywhere to highlite Marvel's current diversity kick. but he's an X-man, so its okay to trash him.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    you know what? I bet if Maggot werent a FoX/X character but a Disney/Marvel character, we'd be seeing him treated seriously as a black superhero and pushed everywhere to highlite Marvel's current diversity kick. but he's an X-man, so its okay to trash him.
    I think it would honestly be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Marvel would still trash him and mutants in general even if FOX wasn't an issue.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Maggott was before Jaime Reyes. And the two aren't alike at all.
    Oh my bad. For some reason I thought he was introduced in the 40's or something. How did you like Maggott's relationship with Marrow?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Dick Grayson, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Newbie Member

I forgot much of Maggot but I remember when he first showed up I liked him a lot. I don't remember why but I did.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    It really is a tragedy that many awful, awful characters who are way worse than Maggott (Eye-boy, Glob Herman, Goldballs, etc.)
    Also Magneto, Xorn and their 20000s fake deaths retcons extra convoluted stories.