Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1208

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Hmm..all this Hope talk made me think.

Let's say Deadpool 2 has Cable guarding a baby Hope. Maybe it's a plot point in the movie, maybe he just says it's his kid and we move on. This establishes Cable watching over a baby.

Then Dark Phoenix comes out, nothing special on this front, just an X-movie.

Then X-force comes out and we find the team is assembled to help out cable with a 8 year old kid or something. This could be an adaptation of Messiah War.

Then on the X-men front, we have an adaptation of Messiah Complex. Something where the X-men end up with a baby "mutant Messiah" and then Cable (who is unknown to them) comes in and takes the baby.

This leads to a huge crossover Second Coming movie with the x-men and x-force casts. Cable comes with a teenage Hope. and the X-men track them down and finally learn the truth about Cable. He leaves Hope with them.

It would also leave it open for a potential Cable solo movie where he is raising Hope (at any age) in the future, cause time travel.

It would be nice to have an overarcing theme/storyline for the x-franchise.
    While cool, I think the main problem, at least as far as Hope is concerned, is that the entire reason she's important in the books is because she's the first new mutant born after Decimation. However we already HAVE the "first new mutant(s)" with Laura and the other X-23 kids, who've now escaped and are (theoretically) free to live out their lives. Additionally, Transigen's activities are almost certainly about to be exposed, and the revelation they've been screwing with peoples' food and water is not likely to go down well, no matter HOW people in the future feel about what mutants remain.

So honestly, introducing Hope is sort of redundant at that point. I think that's one of the big arguments in favor of Laura and the other X-23 children serving as stand-ins in any sort of exploration of the Messiah Trilogy.

However otherwise I do agree that would conceptually be a great way to bridge the three time periods.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The only thing that one can say in reference to her race (even though her mother was established at some point) is how she is drawn. She is clearly being drawn using a white person or Asian person as the baseline.

And I know you doubt the fact she could be black because there is nothing in regards to her physical showings very early on to suggest this.
    Just like you can't disprove she isn't a Kree. However, if I was ranting on and on about her being Kree im sure people would want some evidence of that. No one has been able to produce anything from 616 canon to support her possibly being black. In regards to Iceman, that is a whole other issue and not relevant to this discussion.

I will always be hung up on accuracy. If you are going to change something about a character make it better. Race changing again in my opinion is just a lazy attempt to add diversity without having to do any real work to incorporate characters of different backgrounds into a story. Since you seemed to follow me so much I'm sure you saw my same criticisms of FF4 when they changed Johnny Storm to a black character, or when I denounced how white characters were used instead of asian and inuit people in the last airbender movie, or how I offered criticism when white characters were used instead of black ones in the gods of Egypt movie. I offer criticism on this subject when I see fit and when it interests me. If you must know this specific topic was about deadpool which I did like and I don't like or care about the new mutants to even venture into that thread :P
    Those in bold are pretty dumb and in YOUR head. Yours only. In the issue where we meet Domino's "Mother" she isn't caucasian, like the other caucasians in the series. She has VERY exotic features. Doesn't make her white or black. Why are you screaming CANON, without understanding the canon. We still don't know her ethnic background. The fact that they made her a black woman in THIS particular universe upsets you, but Blind al being black doesn't?
    Also those in bold are fairly racist, regardless of your past defenses.

What do you mean White is the baseline?
    What does a "BASELINE" black woman look like?
    I can sssume you've never left the country based on this solely. Blacks are everywhere but the whitest of white countries, and even their they are minorities.
    Johnny Storm being black in THAT universe is whatever, because being white is not key to his character. Storm being black is, same with the black panther.
    I'm a black male by looks alone, but my biological grandmother is a white French/Scottish woman.
    So what's my baseline?

I feel liek i'm repeating what I posted from above, lol.
    This is what Domino's "brother" looked like as a child, as did she.

This is what her "mother" Looked like.

What normal "white" folks looked like in the same issue.

Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Those in bold are pretty dumb and in YOUR head. Yours only. In the issue where we meet Domino's "Mother" she isn't caucasian, like the other caucasians in the series. She has VERY exotic features. Doesn't make her white or black. Why are you screaming CANON, without understanding the canon. We still don't know her ethnic background. The fact that they made her a black woman in THIS particular universe upsets you, but Blind al being black doesn't?
    Also those in bold are fairly racist, regardless of your past defenses.

What do you mean White is the baseline?
    What does a "BASELINE" black woman look like?
    I can sssume you've never left the country based on this solely. Blacks are everywhere but the whitest of white countries, and even their they are minorities.
    Johnny Storm being black in THAT universe is whatever, because being white is not key to his character. Storm being black is, same with the black panther.
    I'm a black male by looks alone, but my biological grandmother is a white French/Scottish woman.
    So what's my baseline?

I feel liek i'm repeating what I posted from above, lol.
    This is what Domino's "brother" looked like as a child, as did she.

This is what her "mother" Looked like.

What normal "white" folks looked like in the same issue.

://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/xmenrebirth/images/2/28/ProjectArmageddonFacility.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120203204848[/IMG]
    you're asserting that I'm racist but use terms like "exotic" to describe things non-white lol.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/01/...otic-is-racist

before you throw around terms like racism or people being racist understand what the definition of said word is. I stand behind everything i said. domino is drawn as a Caucasian looking person and it's nothing wrong with that. you calling me dumb or my statements dumb doesn't change that fact.

what do i mean by the white being the baseline for how Domino is drawn is pretty evident from the photos I've posted. she looks like a Caucasian woman with a dark patch around her eye to mirror an actual domino.

I don't know what you look like and frankly I don't care. we are discussing domino. however, there is a double standard which I think is quite dumb. it's ok to change non black characters to black because "race is not key to the character ." Storm is one of the racially transcendent characters in the marvel universe. In fact its canon that she is racially ambiguous (though i find that to have been a pretty bad moment for claremont) In fact many people have complained prior to hudlin and mcduffie writing her that she had limited to no interaction with black characters. So considering Storms race early on wasnt a thing that defined her why then could her origins and color not be changed? Make her an asian woman who roamed the mountains of the Himalayas who discovered her weather warping abilities , or make her a poor Romanian girl who discovered her powers and used it when her small village experienced droughts. It works both ways and if it's good for the goose it should be good for the gander.

Those images of her brother and mother look like Caucasian people to me as well. you just gave this whole dissertation about your background and how people who are black could be different looking yet in the same sweep of a brush you are arguing her mother isn't white because she looks different from the "normal white peoole." As if white people can't be in different shades and looks. The hypocrisy and counter intuitive points in your post are innumerable at this point. So please miss with any further insults calling me dumb or racist. I entertained your initial post because this was your first response to me but I don't normally engage with people who can't exchange opinions and thoughts civilly without hurling insults. that said, if you still have questions about my thoughts or don't understand where I'm coming from consult the video below. it explains exactly how I think she should look (which aligns to her showings in 616 canon) and that way I don't have to read anymore inflammatory post about me and character from you.

kysses
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-10-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Race was shown to be important to Storm's character in issue 2 of Black Panther and the Crew. Plus, there's the whole African goddess thing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Race was shown to be important to Storm's character in issue 2 of Black Panther and the Crew. Plus, there's the whole African goddess thing.
    storm has been around since the 70s. though I loved things like this is being explored by Coates and should have been discussed well before now, pointing to things that occurred 30+ plus years after her inception is not a good way to support race being important to her character. and storm could be an Himalayan goddess or a Norwegian goddess worshipped or Iranian goddess who discovered her powers in context to her mutation and powers; a young girl who lost her parents and then settled in a poor village to help stave off drought and famine. Race and the stories exploring the difficulties of that was not a major issue in respect to her character and definitely not so much when she became an xmen in Xmen Giant. Please dont mistake my point. I think Storm as a black character is very important and would never want her race or back story to be changed under any circumstance. However, it is frustrating when people are ok with other characters race being changed when they are white (or other non-blsck race) but would be livid if a canonically black character race was changed to something else. it's hypocritical.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-10-2017 at 07:47 PM.

I'm done arguing over Domino who is at BEST a C-D Lister until this movie, whose race is AMBIGUOUS, and am glad to see Zazie beets doing it up Afro and all.

Btw I wasn't calling you dumb personally. Just those ideas, the two can be separate. So no more from me. I'm gonna watch the film and enjoy Zazie Beets version of Domino and hopefully love it.
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

I just had a thought... maybe the Domino in the movies is related to Blind Al here and the Cable/Domino thing will be nonexistent.

All-New Member

Or perhaps Zazie Beets was the best actress up for the role ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The gun doesnt make sense. It's like some one made it up by mixing 3 Lego sets.
    you've seen what he uses in the comics right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Poor Cable!

He's too fat. he's too skinny. He's too old. Not enough gray hair. He's got too much on but not enough. Even his bootlaces suck!

No wonder he time-hops so much. He's looking for a safe space where he isn't judged on his looks, haha.
    I was joking.

well, partly. the boot laces look stupid, but they're not really that stupid.

I love that video of the filming in Vancouver showing him (or his stunt double rather) leaping onto that truck using wire work. That means his telekinesis will be on display in this film I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love that video of the filming in Vancouver showing him (or his stunt double rather) leaping onto that truck using wire work. That means his telekinesis will be on display in this film I think.
    There's a photo of Brolin's stunt double holding up his right arm as if he's moving something telekinetically. I may be completely imagining it, but I'm hoping to see some telekinesis too, even if it's on a small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    Maybe... or maybe something bad happens to Blind Al(RIP?) and Domino(her granddaughter) finds Deadpool responsible. They fight for a bit before learning the truth and team up after the guy truly responsible. As "luck" may have it though, Cable is already on the job as they run into him. Hijinks ensue, Cable feels they're getting in his way, they tag along anyway. Eventually Colossus and NTW joins the fray, Deadpool does Deadpool(y) stuff, etc.... I dunno. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one of these things things happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm done arguing over Domino who is at BEST a C-D Lister until this movie, whose race is AMBIGUOUS, and am glad to see Zazie beets doing it up Afro and all.
    She has always been part of Cable stories. And the Cable side of the comic book world wanting some accuracy should not be an issue since the X-men world has always been separate.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    you've seen what he uses in the comics right?
    Yes, some crazy futuristic things.

This thing had zero attempts at hiding the base guns like movies usually do.

For example, you cant quickly tell which parts were used for this guns because they actually tried to make it into something else.

I guess this is fine if you have no gun knowledge but for some one that has some basic knowledge you can identify the guns because, again, there's no attempt at hiding them.

I really have my fingers crossed for Cable's telekinetic powers to be on display.. also CBR just posted an article about how the Colossus actor said to expect everything in DP2. Wish the actual article would open for me. I'd post it if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    This x10

I mean really