Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1292

Quote Originally Posted by Charm View Post
    Or perhaps Zazie Beets was the best actress up for the role ?
    Agreed 10000%
    Is always confused.....

My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Or perhaps Zazie Beets is really good with probability manipulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    She has always been part of Cable stories. And the Cable side of the comic book world wanting some accuracy should not be an issue since the X-men world has always been separate.

Yes, some crazy futuristic things.

This thing had zero attempts at hiding the base guns like movies usually do.

For example, you cant quickly tell which parts were used for this guns because they actually tried to make it into something else.

I guess this is fine if you have no gun knowledge but for some one that has some basic knowledge you can identify the guns because, again, there's no attempt at hiding them.
    Cable's gun reminds me of a gun used in an old B-Movie called Equalizer 2000 (1987)

Maybe that gun is just a prop being used on set, and they are going to CGI it up for some cooler effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Cable's gun reminds me of a gun used in an old B-Movie called Equalizer 2000 (1987)

At least they learned one thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Maybe that gun is just a prop being used on set, and they are going to CGI it up for some cooler effects?
    It would be cool if that was done but i dont think they are going to go that way.

Astonishing Member mystique of x's Avatar

Josh Brolin Cable Deadpool.jpg

Josh Brolin is going to be Cable
    Last edited by mystique of x; 08-12-2017 at 10:17 PM.

That is correct.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystique of x View Post
    Josh Brolin Cable Deadpool.jpg

Josh Brolin is going to be Cable

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm has been around since the 70s. though I loved things like this is being explored by Coates and should have been discussed well before now, pointing to things that occurred 30+ plus years after her inception is not a good way to support race being important to her character. and storm could be an Himalayan goddess or a Norwegian goddess worshipped or Iranian goddess who discovered her powers in context to her mutation and powers; a young girl who lost her parents and then settled in a poor village to help stave off drought and famine. Race and the stories exploring the difficulties of that was not a major issue in respect to her character and definitely not so much when she became an xmen in Xmen Giant. Please dont mistake my point. I think Storm as a black character is very important and would never want her race or back story to be changed under any circumstance. However, it is frustrating when people are ok with other characters race being changed when they are white (or other non-blsck race) but would be livid if a canonically black character race was changed to something else. it's hypocritical.

lol its like reading a Chuck Austen issue

Wouldnt Changing a chatacters origins and race make it so it wouldn't be the same character? It honestly cracks me up when people refuse to see that there is little to NO double standard when it comes to race swapping characters. You seeing white when looking at Domino bodes troubling for you, but really it's the world having forced this Imperialist Euro centric standard of beauty upon the world. Some people break free from it, others don't.
    I kinda feel bad for you
    #keepsunspotblack

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    lold

Wouldnt Changing a chatacters origins and race make it so it wouldn't be the same character? It honestly cracks me up when people refuse to see that there is little to NO double standard when it comes to race swapping characters. You seeing white when looking at Domino bodes troubling for you, but really it's the world having forced this Imperialist Euro centric standard of beauty upon the world. Some people break free from it, others don't.
    I kinda feel bad for you
    I don't even know how you come to such a baseless conclusion as such because I want the adaptations to be consistent and accurate with the source material but ok whatever you say.

kysses

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't even know how you come to such a baseless conclusion as such because I want the adaptations to be consistent and accurate with the source material but ok whatever you say.

kysses
    No, no. This is how it is now. "There is NO double standard when it comes to race swapping characters", they said. Because everyone should be championing the notion of adding diversity to all forms of media by any means necessary. There is no appropriation of white culture because there is no white culture. Because white culture = white supremacy. If you're not in favor of white characters being replaced with other races, it's because you're a racist and want to preserve the perceived superiority of the white man. There's no point in arguing because the very fact that you disagree with them makes you a bigot. And by definition, a bigot is anyone who is intolerant of anyone holding different opinions then them. Which is the most delicious of irony.

People need to stop whining about "double standards". The majority will always be white characters despite a few being swapped because the ratio is THAT disproportionate. Stop acting like casting a black actress as Domino is white genocide lol

To be honest, I don't even know who is arguing what anymore.

Zazie is Domino and she's going to smash it. Brolin looks amazing as Cable and he's going to be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    To be honest, I don't even know who is arguing what anymore.

Zazie is Domino and she's going to smash it. Brolin looks amazing as Cable and he's going to be epic.
    Yes and Yes

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    No, no. This is how it is now. "There is NO double standard when it comes to race swapping characters", they said. Because everyone should be championing the notion of adding diversity to all forms of media by any means necessary. There is no appropriation of white culture because there is no white culture. Because white culture = white supremacy. If you're not in favor of white characters being replaced with other races, it's because you're a racist and want to preserve the perceived superiority of the white man. There's no point in arguing because the very fact that you disagree with them makes you a bigot. And by definition, a bigot is anyone who is intolerant of anyone holding different opinions then them. Which is the most delicious of irony.
    yea it's quite ironic... and liked wat you did with this post!!