Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Spider-Men and Women Assemble for Skottie Young's "Spider-Verse" Variants

Skottie Young's variant covers for Marvel's upcoming "Spider-Verse" event offer a preview of the assembled arachnid Avenger's various iterations.

Full article here.

I have to say, I kinda dislike this cute large heads style.

But they're soooooo cute!

But they're not all even alternate versions of Spidey. Like, what is the Iron Spider suit doing there?

I don't think it's just Alternate Reality versions that are being included. That pic just also has the different costumes over the years.

For the Iron Spider suit, couldn't it also possibly be Patrick from the Avengers Initiative? Him and his clone brothers wore the Iron Spider costumes and called themselves the Scarlet Spiders. His brothers are dead, but he's not... Not that dead is stopping them from being in this, as Ben in his Scarlet Spider costume is right there too.

I'm more surprised I see 10 iterations of the Red-and-Blue costume and no Agent Venom or even Eddie Brock Venom. I still love the picture, though.

And just because I haven't said "Scarlet Spider" enough yet apparently... Is Kaine in there twice? I see him in the middle left next to Ben and Miggy, and again directly under Peter's armpit on the Peter half of the picture.

I hate these young variants.

But they keep making them so I guess there is a market?

Hell yeah 'merica! THE DANGER965's Avatar

That's awesome! Always enjoy Scottie Young's covers. But why does Miles Morales suit have black eyes though?!
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post
    For the Iron Spider suit, couldn't it also possibly be Patrick from the Avengers Initiative? Him and his clone brothers wore the Iron Spider costumes and called themselves the Scarlet Spiders. His brothers are dead, but he's not... Not that dead is stopping them from being in this, as Ben in his Scarlet Spider costume is right there too.

I'm more surprised I see 10 iterations of the Red-and-Blue costume and no Agent Venom or even Eddie Brock Venom. I still love the picture, though.

And just because I haven't said "Scarlet Spider" enough yet apparently... Is Kaine in there twice? I see him in the middle left next to Ben and Miggy, and again directly under Peter's armpit on the Peter half of the picture.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the Patrick the iron spider because the MVP suits had 4 spider arms

Quote Originally Posted by Taylors005 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not the Patrick the iron spider because the MVP suits had 4 spider arms
    There are four, though. The bottom two are hard to see; one is between the Iron Spider's leg and Spider-Man 2099 and the other is sticking out from behind Peter's head on the Spider-Man side.

Is that Anya Carazon in her Black Suit outside as Spidergirl on there?

Great variant cover, but I was hoping for a Spider-girl, NOT 616 version, to be involved among them.

While I am not generally a variant cover enthusiast (anymore) I do like the look of this but..... Is one half a variant for Superior Spidey 32 and the other half a variant for Amazing 9?

If so why isn't SpOcks suit on show?

If its going to be reported I would like something more than Marvels advertising blurb.

Love how they put Kaine right next to Ben on that cover.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Is that giant spider in the upper left when the Queen made Peter metamorphose? And I remember when the original Tarantula mutated, I wonder if there will be an alternate Earth version where he survived.
    R.I.P., Jim Zimmerman (Captain Jim), Batman Moderator
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator