Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Aquaman, #32

Aquaman thought his battles against ancient Greek monsters and the powerful Swamp Thing were as macabre as life could get... but he'll see how wrong he was when the hideous Chimera attacks!

Full article here.

No Mythologies to Follow Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

This looks WICKED-awesome!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Hells yes.

They've tried to give Aquaman mutant "Black Lagoon" type foes before, but this one should stick, considering he's like one of the first Aquaman "super-villains" ever created.

Batman's funny, too. I wonder if we'll get a "as seen in Batman and Aquaman" so this is placed after he helped Bruce hunt Ra's al Ghul down or not.

Between this, Others, and the Swamp Thing crossover, I'm feeling I'm getting exactly my fix of Aquaman love.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This preview looks great and I can't wait to see more of Chimera. He seems like he will be an interesting villain, and he already seems to have a creepy vibe to him. It will be interesting to see how Aquaman deals with him when they first meet. I think he has potential to be a great villain for Aquaman.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Looks good, but I'm deeply disappointed in the lack of Mera in this preview. It seems every comic she's in, she ends up stealing the show.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Looks good, but I'm deeply disappointed in the lack of Mera in this preview. It seems every comic she's in, she ends up stealing the show.
    Aquaman Annual has a Mera/Wonder Woman team-up. I'm prepared for amazing. Their last team-up was insane, considering Wonder Woman was wearing a pink swimsuit and Mera was vomiting red napalm.

Great issue. Who knew Mera was such a bad-ass.

Pretty cool preview, Aquaman continues to impress me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Great issue. Who knew Mera was such a bad-ass.
    Anyone who's read anything she's appeared in since Blackest Night?

This looks epic! I've turned into such an Aquaman fanboy in just a few short years, it's scary!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Looks great! A nice update of a classic Aquaman villain.

Creature King ... er ... Chimera ... Coombs is a boss. He looked like he didn't even mean to rip those guys' faces off, he just has sticky hands. But he's a big, powerful bruiser with those Black Lagoon qualities. Would I like him to resemble his Nick Cardy look a little more? Sure ... but Pelletier drew the crap out of this new version. He's been firing on major cylinders. I think Swamp Thing rejuvenated him.

Mera was great. Tula is becoming a bit of a standout. Jeez, how long before we get Garth or Kaldur up in here?

The issue itself was odd, simply in structure - because it's the opening salvo of Aquaman's duel, but continuing Mera stuff, it didn't feel disjointed, just like a middle chapter - the completion of Chimera's secret origin along with a demonstration of his power.

Liked the issue. Mera was badass as always, she has probably bigger balls than anyone really.

Good things are happening with Aquaman:

• A consistently good solo title
    • Popular fighter in Injustice Gods Among Us
    • Team book
    • Annual title
    • An animated movie coming up
    • Multiple team ups and crossovers

Shit has been going down for Aquaman recently. Can it get much better than this?

Man, Pelletier drew the hell out of this issue. Seriously, this is the best stuff of his I've ever seen. And the coloring this issue was a notch above. Anyone complaining about Parker doing a slow burn can go quietly to a corner now. Great issue and things are getting better every month

This issue was great, juggling two plots without making it seem disjointed. Mera and Tula are such badasses, and I loved the scene with Topo.

Chimera is really impressive so far (loved that they had a shout out to his classic name to, with the "King of Creatures" line). Not only am I looking forward to seeing his story continue, but I hope Parker revamps some more obscure old villains in the future.

Definitely one of my favorite titles each month!