Page 125 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1989
  1. #1861
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Boom!



    4.8X budget. Even Civil War stopped at 4.6X - which was far below the results of The Avengers, Ultron and Iron Man III.

    Kubus-Sc7 - THAT IS WORLDWIDE


  2. #1862
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killercroc357 View Post
    boom!



    4.8x budget. Even civil war stopped at 4.6x - which was far below the results of the avengers, ultron and iron man iii.

    kubus-sc7 - that is worldwide

    but what does this mean???

  3. #1863
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    but what does this mean???
    The second most profitable X-Men movie for Fox! Only the original X1 comes close.

    Also, proof to Fox by deviating from the norm while true to the comic book characters with limited meddling, movie fans will flock to these films. With more than one viewing.

    Got it??

  4. #1864
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I saw the Logan movie last night. I liked it. When I saw x 24 the evil Wolverine clone, when he first popped up in the shadows I thought his hair would be slicked back and surprised he had a shaven head. Still cool I guess.

  5. #1865
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Boom!



    4.8X budget. Even Civil War stopped at 4.6X - which was far below the results of The Avengers, Ultron and Iron Man III.

    Kubus-Sc7 - THAT IS WORLDWIDE

    Wow. Deadpool is such a huge outlier.

  6. #1866
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wow. Deadpool is such a huge outlier.
    Out of all the DC and Marvel movies, Batman (1989) and Deadpool are the largest statistical outliers. Even 'The Avengers' doesn't even come close. Although with Batman, you had such a rush to LCS's to find out more about the hobby.

  7. #1867
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    9,207

    Default



    Went to buy tickets to see it again (showtime in 30, woo!) and it's STILL selling theaters out. I can't help but wonder if the falling sales heading into week two were more from simply losing screens to Kong as it was actually losing audience.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.


    Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

  8. #1868
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    I was just thinking to myself and realize that the only X-Man confirmed to be dead is...

    spoilers:
    Kitty.
    end of spoilers
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  9. #1869
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I was just thinking to myself and realize that the only X-Man confirmed to be dead is...

    spoilers:
    Kitty.
    end of spoilers
    Where did they confirm that? We know that 600 mutants were injured in the Westchester event in 2028, and 7 mutants were killed. Only several of those 7 were said to be X-men.

  10. #1870
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Where did they confirm that? We know that 600 mutants were injured in the Westchester event in 2028, and 7 mutants were killed. Only several of those 7 were said to be X-men.
    Think about it...

    spoilers:
    Logan never went back in time to stop the incident before it happened.
    end of spoilers
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  11. #1871
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Think about it...

    spoilers:
    Logan never went back in time to stop the incident before it happened.
    end of spoilers
    That's some deep thinking. Never considered that. But after DoFP, it does make sense.

  12. #1872
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Think about it...

    spoilers:
    Logan never went back in time to stop the incident before it happened.
    end of spoilers
    Close, but spoilers:
    I think it depends on how movie-verse Kitty got her powers. I believe it was stated that she had a second mutation of some sort that allowed her to transfer another's mind through the passage of time. However we know that Zander Rice had been messing with everday products and food supply needed to survive, and ended up suppressing the X-gene in the post DOFP timeline. Halting any new mutations that would arise! It's much easier to think that her X-gene simply didn't evolve to the point that it did in the pre DOFP timeline as opposed to the post DOFP timeline. I keep remembering that scene from the movie when Beast explained how time travel might work. Beast was right! Time did correct itself, and the mutants still suffered some pseudo extinction level event. Only it was worse pre DOFP than it is post DOFP. So it wasn't all for nothing.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 03-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.

  13. #1873
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Close, but spoilers:
    I think it depends on how movie-verse Kitty got her powers. I believe it was stated that she had a second mutation of some sort that allowed her to transfer another's mind through the passage of time. However we know that Zander Rice had been messing with everday products and food supply needed to survive, and ended up suppressing the X-gene in the post DOFP timeline. Halting any new mutations that would arise! It's much easier to think that her X-gene simply didn't evolve to the point that it did in the pre DOFP timeline as opposed to the post DOFP timeline. I keep remembering that scene from the movie when Beast explained how time travel might work. Beast was right!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but Kinberg only handwave that in an interview. It's never established or hinted at in the film. It's probably just simpler to say she is one of the mutants that died.

    Speaking of Beast. He's dead too because he would have just given Xavier the serum to stop the psychic attacks.
    end of spoilers
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  14. #1874
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but Kinberg only handwave that in an interview. It's never established or hinted at in the film. It's probably just simpler to say she is one of the mutants that died.

    Speaking of Beast. He's dead too because he would have just given Xavier the serum to stop the psychic attacks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Beast is probably one of the ones that died. Which makes it very poignant considering he was the first to watch after Xavier before Logan. I still think that Kitty could have survived easy. We know a lot of the X-men do survive actually. There are way more than 7 X-men. I wonder what they would be doing considering the situation they are faced with.
    end of spoilers

    All of this talk makes me realize that X-Force has to be set in the future post Logan otherwise Cable presents a plot hole, on top of fucking up his mission.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 03-18-2017 at 04:49 PM.

  15. #1875
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Beast is probably one of the ones that died. Which makes it very poignant considering he was the first to watch after Xavier before Logan. I still think that Kitty could have survived easy. We know a lot of the X-men do survive actually. There are way more than 7 X-men. I wonder what they would be doing considering the situation they are faced with.
    end of spoilers

    All of this talk makes me realize that X-Force has to be set in the future post Logan otherwise Cable presents a plot hole, on top of fucking up his mission.
    spoilers:
    We know that Caliban was working with the Reavers at one point, before agreeing to help Logan care for Charles. Its possible he may have been responsible for hunting down at least some of the survivors.
    end of spoilers
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.


    Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •