Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Sexual Harassment Allegations Against DC Editor Eddie Berganza Become Public

Following the announced departure of Shelly Bond from DC Comics, multiple allegations against longtime editor Eddie Berganza have become public.

Full article here.

Man this whole scandal is just one big clusterfuck lol.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Maybe if this gets enough press, we can get a better editor.

Well that's unfortunate. Never like to hear this sort of news.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

What Lola Wants Lola Gets Ms Lola's Avatar

Well, well. Good on you, CBR, for reporting on this.

Just made my account and now I get to comment on how gross this is, ugh.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Good. Even best case scenario, and he's not a creep, he's still a god awful editor. He should have been let go years ago.
    Cyclops was right

So is this the first "official" report of what's going on?

Bleeding cool often calls CBR DCs media partner, which I'd just assumed was the usual snark between sites.
    But then it took a week for CBR to report this story that embarrassed DC. Nothing new in this article, no extra info or analysis. Like it's only here to say they reported it, in the end. It ain't news no more, not a week old.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-26-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Maybe dc managers should concentrate more on improving the comics rather than on sex. Or maybe it is time to do Identity Crisis II.

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by urmyth View Post
    Bleeding cool often calls CBR DCs media partner, which I'd just assumed was the usual snark between sites.
    But then it took a week for CBR to report this story that embarrassed DC. Nothing new in this article, no extra info or analysis. Like it's only here to say they reported it, in the end. It ain't news no more, not a week old.
    Feel free to check out the chain starting here, and let me know if you have any questions I can answer. https://twitter.com/albertxii/status/724797406542331904
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Interesting how a company so intent on appealing to female readers is comfortable employing a literal misogynist and having him edit their books. It's ironic as well as horrible.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by urmyth View Post

It was news to me and I bet to many others who don't read a multitude of others side. Yes, "news" obviously has the word new in it, but it's not the same as "fresh". It would be deeply problematic if it didn't get reported at all. But that's apparently not the case. A week is nothing. Nothing about this case needs to be reported gaspingly or served piping hot. Frankly, the only news that need that are live commentaries of sports events, declarations of war, acts of mass terrorism when there's something to act upon right now and then nothing.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.

I'm very glad CBR is finally reporting this, although I'm disappointed that it took them so long.

CBR Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    I'm very glad CBR is finally reporting this, although I'm disappointed that it took them so long.
    Feel free to check out the chain starting here, and let me know if you have any questions I can answer. https://twitter.com/albertxii/status/724797406542331904