Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Rookie Member Grayskull Guardian's Avatar

I'd prefer this if it was starring Lana Lang. I wonder what this does for secret identities? I figured Rebirth would make Clark/Superman a secret again but Lois doesn't wear glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I see. Just looked up Luke Fox. I wonder what the motivations for replacing David with a new character were.
    Was it to give us an American lead instead of the book taking place in Africa?

For the record I'm not a fan of what Marvel did with Thor. But this is ripping of the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hero talk View Post
    so its not the cancer or the powers that is killing her its just her being stupid ? I did not know that
    its sounds like she's the kind of person who they make dont eat the paint warnings for
    I don't get how wanting to save people is stupid. I mean if she's not there people could die where as the treatment may or may not work and she could die anyways. I mean if you had the power to save someone could you just watch and let that person die knowing you could save them?

Though I suppose if you want to be a selfish ass it is pretty stupid isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardian View Post

Was it to give us an American lead instead of the book taking place in Africa?
    I guess books set in Africa with African protagonists don't sell. (Looks up Black Panther sales figures) Oh wait...

I see. Just looked up Luke Fox. I wonder what the motivations for replacing David with a new character were.
    To get Batwing out of Africa and closer to the rest of the Bat family. Rather than just have David suddenly abandon Africa, it was easier to have a new character take over that was already something of a hometown kid.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Mutant bat on terrigen Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    Ultra Woman is Lucy Lane, just like Lucy was Superwoman back in the New Krypton arc.
    Man, if she is... that's kinda lame, isn't it? I mean, Lucy probably has more fans these days thanks to the show, so I can see those people being kinda miffed that she's a villain in the comics. I can see Lucy being a red herring in some way. Maybe Ultra Woman will be the one with the secret identity? Hey, if they're doing the Thor thing... And just like Thor, the red herring will probably be more interesting and have more potential than the actual answer...
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 04-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

My babies: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Bucky Barnes, Jamie Madrox, Cyclops, Booster Gold, Kate Bishop, Daredevil, Thor, Magik, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner, Stargirl, Batwoman, Jay Garrick

My interest in this has suddenly vanished.
    Pull List keeps Increasing

Mutant bat on terrigen Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I guess books set in Africa with African protagonists don't sell. (Looks up Black Panther sales figures) Oh wait...
    To be fair, Black Panther is a much bigger name than Batwing. Heck, ask a lot of casual comic readers who Batwing is, and they'll more likely think of Bruce's plane.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.

My babies: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Cassandra Cain, Bucky Barnes, Jamie Madrox, Cyclops, Booster Gold, Kate Bishop, Daredevil, Thor, Magik, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner, Stargirl, Batwoman, Jay Garrick

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's still ongoing.
    Still going strong.....and JaneThor is currently taking on your avatar LifeisILL!

Jon

Newbie Member

This is a different take.

Not.

The article's title makes no sense......since we already knew that Lois Lane is Superwoman. The question is which one? Until we know the answer to that question for sure ,her identity hasn't been revealed.

And also when ,in any continuity ,have Lois and Lana been close friends?

I'm guessing Ultra-Woman would be earth 3 Superwoman using Ultraman's basic name since (some version of) Lois stole her identity?
    Last edited by Midnighter; 04-12-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    To be fair, Black Panther is a much bigger name than Batwing. Heck, ask a lot of casual comic readers who Batwing is, and they'll more likely think of Bruce's plane.
    It still seems odd to abandon the 1st Batwing for a new character, instead of sticking with the established character. If they wanted him in the US permanently, they probably could have thought of an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by vgarrus View Post
    The comparisons to the new Thor are glaringly obvious and not a great move for DC. If there's a competing storyline at Marvel, even if your own series is far in development, wouldn't you want to at least emphasize how your own story is different and unique? The fact that she is Lois Lane instead of Jane Foster is not enough of a seller on its own. Tell me more about her dynamic with Lana Lang and make that the emphasis of your pre-sale synopsis.
    X-Men and Doom Patrol?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    I'm betting the dying angle is being used to get Pre New 52 Lois take over New 52's Lois's identity.
    Huh? (Just displaying my ignorance of what's going on in Superman these days.)

Sandy Hausler

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardian View Post
    I'd prefer this if it was starring Lana Lang. I wonder what this does for secret identities? I figured Rebirth would make Clark/Superman a secret again but Lois doesn't wear glasses.
    I assume it might be a similar dynamic to what's potentially going on with the Supermen. Post-Crisis Lois will fulfill the traditional Lois role at the Planet as it's top reporter and be Superman's lover, while New 52 Lois gets to be a Superhero.

For the Supermen, it looks like Post-Crisis Clark is Superman while New 52 Clark is now a de-powered Clark Kent, Daily Planet reporter.