Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: McNiven Brings Closure to "Death of Wolverine" with Final Three Covers

CBR has the first look at Steve McNiven's covers for issues #2, #3 and #4 of September's weekly "Death of Wolverine" series.

Full article here.

Those covers look really good. McNiven is an excellent artist.

Not really following the story though. I would rather something happen unexpectedly in a story than have the monthly/weekly countdown that HE IS GOING TO DIE IN 3, 2, 1...
    But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream - Amos 5:24

I personally really do not care about Wolverine at this point.

If I want to read Wolverine I go and re-read some Claremont 80s stuff....

No idea who this character is at the moment but this Avenger is clearly not Wolverine anymore!

So Kitty DOES play a major role in the death of her long time teammate/mentor/father figure/friend. I makes me wonder what will happen to her in the aftermath of this event ?

Looks pretty great in my opinion, I can't wait to pick this up because McNiven and Soule are absolutely amazing creators so I don't see them messing this up. I also think Death being on one of the covers after having seen the next issues preview is... Interesting to say the least. Kitty will probably be a little awkward as well since earlier she left to join cyclops and Logan threatened to kill her.

By the way, I get some people not liking the way Logan has changed, but I actually like him as both a responsible headmaster, trying to continue Xavier's dream, while also being an Avenger. However that's jut my opinion.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So Kitty DOES play a major role in the death of her long time teammate/mentor/father figure/friend. I makes me wonder what will happen to her in the aftermath of this event ?
    I really hope that they're regular covers rather than variants. It's a lot more complicated for me to pick up variants and costs me a lot more. From the sound of it they're standard covers but more than once Marvel have previewed a variant cover before the standard (Like Survive #1 for example)
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I cannot wait for the return of wolverine in 2015!!!!!!! Yaaaassssssssssssss

Great cover art. Too bad he will be back in a few months. To a year may 2-3 down the line. So the impact of the story is just less for mwe anyway imo. Unless the rumour about Marvel cancelling the X-men is true.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok was right.

Nice to see Kitty has a role in at least one of the issues.

Maybe my mind is too dirty but on the last cover the death certainly looks at logan's dick

ugh, just die already Logan. Spare us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Wolverine's death doesn't really interest me all that much, but I am very interested to see how his death will affect those closest to him (his "daughters" in particular)

Quote Originally Posted by NateDizzy View Post
    Wolverine's death doesn't really interest me all that much, but I am very interested to see how his death will affect those closest to him (his "daughters" in particular)
    I especially want to see how this hits Laura. He's the only family she has left, not to mention she's his only "offspring" he actually has a good relationship with.

Daken reaction will be interesting as well.

I like the covers. It is a shame he is gonna come back too soon though. Death lost its true impact in comics ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Those covers look really good. McNiven is an excellent artist.

Not really following the story though. I would rather something happen unexpectedly in a story than have the monthly/weekly countdown that HE IS GOING TO DIE IN 3, 2, 1...
    Exactly. But I think that happening nowadays is highly unlikely. Every major comic book death seems to be announced 4 months in advance now. Still tho with McNiven drawing I can't not pick this up.