Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I think what Circle Of Blood did with The Punisher would work for the Show. A shady vigilante organization known as the trust uses The Punisher as a to pawn provoke a gang war that sets the New York underworld at each other's throats.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I think what Circle Of Blood did with The Punisher would work for the Show. A shady vigilante organization known as the trust uses The Punisher as a to pawn provoke a gang war that sets the New York underworld at each other's throats.
    It's comicky, I will give you that. The show needs to ask itself: What are we going for here? More comicky or less?
    Lex Luthor: Think about it, Clark. My intellect, your powers. Together we could rule this world. We'll walk as gods among men.
    Clark: You're not a god. I'm not even sure you're human.
    Lex Luthor: Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It seems clear that sadly too many are ONLY familiar with Ennis Punisher when they talk about Frank not being a distinct enough personality. That the focus should be mainly on the bad guys.
    The original Punisher ongoing written by Mike Baron for much of 50+ issues shows a Frank with outlets, Micro as his sounding board and lots of strategy. Incorporating elements of Ennis along with elements from Rucka's run like a police contact in Rachel(altered to maybe not yet have her husband killed on her wedding day). Military contacts like from the Remender run should provide plenty to draw upon.
    Agreed.

I think many folks are only familiar with Ennis Punisher. There have been over a hundred Punisher comics in which he has had relationships, friendships, rivalries and so on.

He has faced cults, sexual slavery traffickers, serial killers, terrorists, white collar criminals, gangsters, corrupt cops, shady old military comrades and many other types of villains.

The Punisher actually use to go undercover a lot in the old comics to gather information on his targets which usually brought him into contact with victims or people that needed his help. This created a bit of interaction with ordinary people caught up in the terror his targets created.

The Punisher also teams up with people more often than people realize. He teamed up with police officer Lynn Michaels, Mossad agent, Charlie Schitti, a informant and others besides Microchip.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 04-29-2016 at 09:02 AM.

I think many folks are only familiar with Ennis Punisher.
    I think many think this to try to diminish or dismiss Ennis Punisher fans. Not the case with me at all.
    Lex Luthor: Think about it, Clark. My intellect, your powers. Together we could rule this world. We'll walk as gods among men.

Really excited about this but to the ppl hoping a show like Moon Knight or The Hood will come next, I honestly wouldn't hold my break on any of those shows happening anytime soon. Marvel has taken a lot of heat over the Dr. Strange casting and have vowed to have more Asian inclusiveness in both films and television(even though they do have daisy and May on AOS). Point being, they now have 4 Netflix solo shows, 3 starring white ppl(one woman), one starring a black person, and one more(the Defenders) that is a team-up which would essentially look like a bunch of white ppl and the token black guy. I fully expect whatever show comes next after Punisher(if any come next) to star another POC whether it be Asian or a multitude of races(Runaways based on the vol.1 team would be perfect). In this social climate I just see no possibly way that Marvel will give us another show with a white lead and risk the wrath of the SJW. Expect the next show to go with a far more diverse casting route.....Moon Knight, The Hood, etc won't be happening anytime soon....
    Last edited by Prince of Dragonstone; 04-29-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think many think this to try to diminish or dismiss Ennis Punisher fans. Not the case with me at all.
    I'm a Ennis Punisher fan myself. Ennis Punisher is probably the best and most popular take on the character but other Punisher comics exist.

There are good storylines featuring the character by other writers.

I'm a Ennis Punisher fan myself. Ennis Punisher is probably the best and most popular take on the character but other Punisher comics exist.

There are good storylines featuring the character by other writers.
    Agreed. That being said, if you try to work in too many different Punisher approaches, you may not be faithful to any of them really, disserve them all, and there could be an ill-focused mess and tone.

I think Ennis should not be the sole inspiration for the show's Punisher, but I do think the show will have to favor one or etc approaches over others. DD favored Miller certainly.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-29-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Clancy Brown's Col. Schoonover (Blacksmith) and elements of his plotline were from the late eighties The Punisher War Journal comics.

The writers will cherry pick characters, villains and storylines which best serve their take on the character and the story they want to tell.

Newbie Member

Yeah bitch!! I love the punisher!

Clancy Brown's Col. Schoonover (Blacksmith) and elements of his plotline were from the late eighties The Punisher War Journal comics.

The writers will cherry pick characters, villains and storylines which best serve their take on the character and the story they want to tell.
    Agreed. And yes, I noticed the cherry picking. And "their take" will, like with DD, probably mostly be one writer/one era.

With this news and the awesomeness that was Daredevil Season 2, I hope people will finally put the ridiculous "Thomas Jane is the best live action Punisher" debate to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    With this news and the awesomeness that was Daredevil Season 2, I hope people will finally put the ridiculous "Thomas Jane is the best live action Punisher" debate to rest.
    He wasn't for me. Ray Stevenson was. That aside, this is good news. Hopefully there's enough story for this to be stretched out into a series without it being one-note in tone.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Agreed.

I think many folks are only familiar with Ennis Punisher. ...........
    The Punisher also teams up with people more often than people realize. He teamed up with police officer Lynn Michaels, Mossad agent, Charlie Schitti, a informant and others besides Microchip.
    Lynn Michaels I had forgotten about her! The Female Punisher, she adopted Franks skull(along with a few others, ala Reign of Superman style pre RoS) when Frank was thought dead.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Veteran Member

Uh I am not sure he can last a whole season. DD2 and JJ had some pacing issues. My bigger problem though is 2 shows per year is BS if Punisher is getting a series and LC and IF get sequels.