Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Trailer Showcases Splinter, Shredder

The longest look yet at the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" reboot unleashes Splinter, Shredder and much of the (human) supporting cast.

Full article here.

I still don't like the nose and lips on them but... I'm actually liking this trailer. That was pretty damn good. If I was 8 again, I'd be flipping out.
    Life is but a dream

I know everyone has been bashing the Shredder design (it's really not very good), but it didn't bother me nearly as much in action as it did in the original still. As odd as the designs of everything are, the trailer doesn't look bad at all. And I loved the self-reference in "so they're aliens?" "no, that would be stupid."

Trailer actually looks decent, but I still have a firm policy on avoiding anything with Michael Bay's name on it.

That actually looked really fun, the turtles look way better on motion than I was expecting and Shredder also looks cool. Catching this on release for sure. Getting a kick out of Mortal Kombat music being used on the trailer.

Is that Shredder suppose to be a Transformer or a Jaeger?

I'm still getting use to the idea of them being the size of small tanks but seeing more of them in action is helping with that. They are going to be twice the size of Splinter, from the looks of it.

Megan Fox as April is going to be the biggest question mark for me. Hopefully that decision doesn't hold the entire movie back.

Anytime I can get Splinter v Shredder, it is a good thing.

Robot Shredder seems up there with Super Shredder but it being a giant robot seems to be in Bays' wheelhouse. Also, the giant turtles get to fight a giant robot, that seems like it makes sense.

I also like how Donatello has googles, and a workman's belt. That makes sense.
    Last edited by JackalsIII; 06-24-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I still don't like the Shredder's armor. It doesn't scream "Shredder" at all. The turtles look fine (although perhaps a bit too big).

RoboShredder screams sequel fodder. Maybe an Utrom?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I agree that the turtles are too big. I am also not crazy about the whole Shredder character.

It definitely looks like a fun movie and I can see lots of kids enjoying it at the theater.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

the lips on the Turtles look so bad the Shredder got silver samurais armor from the the wolverine? and as if megan fox is not bad a nuff we get will Arnett and whoopi Goldberg! it may be good tho.

At the 1:15 mark in the trailer, Fichtner's character is talking to a heavily scarred Japanese man, telling him that he made improvements to the his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I know everyone has been bashing the Shredder design (it's really not very good), but it didn't bother me nearly as much in action as it did in the original still. As odd as the designs of everything are, the trailer doesn't look bad at all. And I loved the self-reference in "so they're aliens?" "no, that would be stupid."
    The nickelodeon cartoon already beat them to that joke.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Quote Originally Posted by A_Nominus View Post
    Trailer actually looks decent, but I still have a firm policy on avoiding anything with Michael Bay's name on it.
    The sheer amount of dubstep and weird audio reverberation tricks makes me think that, had I closed my eyes and not known the prominent names, I would have thought this was another Transformers movie.