Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort Reveal "Original Sin" #4

Jason Aaron and Tom Brevoort discuss the fallout from Marvel's "Original Sin" #4, including the identity of the "Mysterious Boss."

Full article here.

Thus far this whole story has been a bit underwhelming. I'm not saying it won't end up that way....at least I hope it doesn't....but so far it's not too impressive in my opinion.

Been decent so far...

i got no complaints

Honestly I've been really enjoying this event so far. Not only because I like the idea of a murder mystery set in the marvel universe but also just for all the whacky character team ups, I mean who would have thought that we'd see Rocket Raccoon and Punisher together.

I'm interested to see more of Old man Fury and the LMD's but also whoever this new character turns out to be.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I thought it was weird how Logan doesn't know that Bucky was not alive. Especially since he contacted Bucky during the origins series.
    How about Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    I thought it was weird how Logan doesn't know that Bucky was not alive. Especially since he contacted Bucky during the origins series.
    I think that scene is referencing Bucky's more recent death at the end of Fear Itself. Not many people know he was still alive after that event and working clandestine operations for Captain America/whoever.

This event has been solid.

Hasn't interrupted the books I read too much. and the story has been solid so far.

Not potentially epic or anything yet... but it still has the ending. Maybe it can be the opposite of Infinity (Infinity was ok beginning, great middle, didn't stick the landing at all).
    The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

Last Comic Based Blog Post: Easy Comics to Jump On To: The Punisher

Not many people know Bucky is still alive after Fear Istelf.
    The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

Last Comic Based Blog Post: Easy Comics to Jump On To: The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not many people know Bucky is still alive after Fear Istelf.
    Logan did know. He was in Winter Soldier interacting with him and that series takes place after Fear Itself.

My only complaint about #4, storywise, is that it seemed to take a step backwards in the investigation plot, like whatever was being built up in issue #3 was put aside. I guess Aaron was too focused on those two cliffhangers and was not ready to reveal anything past that but otherwise it still has me intrigued. I will probably reread it all before next issue to see if I pick up on anything I missed.

Hardie! Franche! Claire! People Of The Earth's Avatar

This event has been a good surprise so far. BUT, the mischeracterization in some cases have been a huge turn down for the last couple of issues. Hopefully, this trend won't continue, otherwise it could totally turn me off. Last issue was terrible in that department.
    "When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance you don't really have to do anything you just let them talk."

I'm surprised Logan even knows his own name after all the memory tampering that's been done to him. Oh, wait...

Maybe that's why he's always showing up in so many titles- he forgets which book he's supposed to be starring in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevoort
    And yes, issue #5 also features the debut of a brand new, never before seen Marvel character who is on my list of favorites.
    Well, that's interesting. It doesn't sound like he's really talking about a complete new character like Thane, for example, or at least that's what the '' on my list of favourites'' makes me think. Could be Miracleman? He was in the pencils version of Original Sin #0. Of course it could totally be Brevoort just overhyping a completely new character too.

The tone of the main book is kinda weird sometimes, but is pretty decent thus far. I have enjoyed the tie ins more though.
    Last edited by SuperBeetle; 06-24-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. It was in Winter Soldier's book after his "death" in Fear. Black Widow was in the book too if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway I like this so far. It's big, but it's not at the same time. I look forward to each issue so I can figure out wtf is going on. I don't know about this Old Man Fury business though. Going to be upsetting if all his interactions have been an LMD. Lame. And who is the guy that looks like The Thing?