Page 159 of 176 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2631

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So... what do we expect from Disney's upcoming streaming service, planned to debut in 2019? They haven't said what kind of role the Marvel properties may or may not play in it (except that the Marvel/Netflix shows won't be affected), but Disney being the big company that it is, it's definitely a possibility that original Marvel content may come out of this. I know that a lot of people will probably roll their eyes at the thought of having to subscribe to yet another streaming service, but on the bright side, I'm actually pretty excited at the prospect of Marvel having this kind of platform to produce their own stuff. We could get some interesting MCU shows or short films out of it. Maybe even some non-MCU stuff like animations.
    Well, Disney is one of the only companies that's well set to really make a streaming service viable. They have one of, if not the, deepest benches in entertainment. So depending on how they handle the details, I'll happily subscribe. I mean, if I can get the cartoons my kids enjoy, plus all the Star Wars movies (better have the original cuts, Han shot first!!) and the growing Marvel catalog? That's probably worth the price of admission.

If they try the crap that CBS is doing, where shows are doled out an episode a week? Pass. Binge watching is how I consume my entertainment. And I wont pay a ton of money for this. This isn't cable, and I wont bend over for these people like cable subscribers do. But if they just copy-paste the Netflix model? Fine.

Im not too thrilled with the big picture though. I already have Netflix and Hulu and because I get a big discount due to my student status, Amazon Prime. And between those three services I have access to just about all of television for twenty bucks a month. Hell of a lot better than cable.

If all the networks and entertainment giants start trying to cut that apart with their own platforms, my access is going to get a lot more expensive.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Okay... which one is Rooker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Keyboardist.
    LOL, Rooker is Having Fun in this and that what makes this Music Video Work Amazingly Well!

It Looks Like Rooker to is about to do some Disco-Kung-Fu!
    Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If all the networks and entertainment giants start trying to cut that apart with their own platforms, my access is going to get a lot more expensive.
    I have the cable, HBO,Netflix and I buy lots of shows/movies on Blu-ray. However, I will never subscribe to anything else for streaming, so too bad. I guess that I won't be the only one to keep it simple, I'm not sure how it will play into the viewing stats of all those new platform.

Not Marvel Studios but technically MCU (and low res)...

So... Defender's reception is a bit mixed. For the first four episodes at least. And I didn't know it was just eight episodes.

http://whatculture.com/tv/marvel-39-...es?rf=homepage
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So... Defender's reception is a bit mixed. For the first four episodes at least. And I didn't know it was just eight episodes.

http://whatculture.com/tv/marvel-39-...es?rf=homepage
    Some of it comes down to expectation, I think. The most common critiques I've seen come down to a slow pace (where the expectation is that we'd hit the ground running), and Iron Fist (expectation that he wouldn't be as prominent as he apparently is).

Some reviewers, based on their reactions to Alexandra, seem to miss things others don't, which I think impacts their view of the character and motivations.

I don't think the show will be perfect because each one has had flaws, but I wonder how much of this mixed reaction is the show not being what people expected for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    and Iron Fist (expectation that he wouldn't be as prominent as he apparently is).
    What kind of dumb expectation is that? Liking him or not is their own choice. But expecting to not have him in prominent role? What? He's one of the Defenders, you know, the title of the show. He was always going to have a prominent role.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

What kind of dumb expectation is that? Liking him or not is their own choice. But expecting to not have him in prominent role? What? He's one of the Defenders, you know, the title of the show. He was always going to have a prominent role.
    Exactly. The Iron Fist show is whatever you think of it, but they weren't going to completely alter their plans because it wasn't critically well-received lol.

Astonishing Member

The 10 Most Powerful MCU characters right now:
    https://www.inverse.com/article/3537...anos-hulk-thor

1. Dormannu
    2. Thanos
    3. Vision
    4. The Hulk
    5. Thor
    6. Heimdall
    7. Loki
    8. Odin
    9. Doctor Strange
    10. Scarlet Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I have the cable, HBO,Netflix and I buy lots of shows/movies on Blu-ray. However, I will never subscribe to anything else for streaming, so too bad. I guess that I won't be the only one to keep it simple, I'm not sure how it will play into the viewing stats of all those new platform.
    I honestly am not being rude here (dunno if it'd come across that way), but quick question; why stick with cable? Everyone I know who uses it pays a ton more money than I do, and I can't really see where they're gaining much content that I'm not. I might have to wait a week for an episode to debut on Hulu but that's not so bad. And whatever programs I miss out on I figure I probably make up in streaming-only shows that cable subscribers miss out on (Wrong Mans, real fun Hulu original!)

What am I miss out on that makes a cable bill worth it?

Discipline = Freedom.

In Canada, Province of Quebec, most of the French content is only available on cable. That's why!

Invincible Member

It sounds to me, from reading these, like he's almost THE one that's focused on most out of all of them. And I don't know people were expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    In Canada, Province of Quebec, most of the French content is only available on cable. That's why!
    lol that's a good reason!

Discipline = Freedom.

is it too much to ask for Junta to cameo in the Black Panther movie? maybe Wilmer Valderrama?
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016