Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha see how generous and considerate Ororo is . Even if she beats your a$$ into the ground she still will show you compassion and understanding.
    And do it again if the need arises.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡

CHECKMATE

Funfact : Emma Frost earned the title of the most dangerous telepath to Storm, due to knowing storm's psyche as well as her own.

Funfact : Maxima's powers were the result of generations of selective breeding and gene therapy

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    And do it again if the need arises.
    One thing that still illudes me is why Pak never had Moses Magnum bring up his history with Storm. The X-Men gave him his first defeat as a super villain IIRC. I thought that would have been a good historical touch, though obviously not required, to add to the story.
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #6 by Greg Pak - December 17, 2014

"...and now you can loathe from the outside." #Gottalovekarma

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    One thing that still illudes me is why Pak never had Moses Magnum bring up his history with Storm. The X-Men gave him his first defeat as a super villain IIRC. I thought that would have been a good historical touch, though obviously not required, to add to the story.
    He probably forgot about it.........OR ...... Magnum may be the one plotting against storm for revenge. <<<<<<<<<<<< My mind is starting again.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

CHECKMATE

Funfact : Emma Frost earned the title of the most dangerous telepath to Storm, due to knowing storm's psyche as well as her own.

Funfact : Maxima's powers were the result of generations of selective breeding and gene therapy

♡♡♡

I'm so glad Storm didn't kill.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Storm #5: 11/19/14, Storm #6: 12/17/14
    Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

December is Project Black Sky Month (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    HAHA! I wouldn't put it past her.............she's sneaky like that! I'm trying to figure out how Storm left there and didn't question HOW she even got her throat. Hell, Storm is one of the tallest X-men and Gah-Ran towered above her XD
    Yeah I'm glad Pak left something to the imagination but if Yukio pulled that off sitting in a wheelchair that would be wild. I mean I could see if Ran bent towards her and got all up in her face and then slash! But I like the faking it theory better.lol.

Senior Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Just realizing that the Oakland Clan is the Breakworlders that came to Earth in Gillen's first Uncanny X-Men arc. Always wondered what they were doing.

And couldn't the artist update Moses Magnums' look? He looked like a grown man in pajamas.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Just realizing that the Oakland Clan is the Breakworlders that came to Earth in Gillen's first Uncanny X-Men arc. Always wondered what they were doing.

And couldn't the artist update Moses Magnums' look? He looked like a grown man in pajamas.
    I actually like Moses outfit well in particular his pants.... looks rather delish to me

Oh he was grown alright .... in some places more than others. We need him in proper clothes ASAP!

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah I'm glad Pak left something to the imagination but if Yukio pulled that off sitting in a wheelchair that would be wild. I mean I could see if Ran bent towards her and got all up in her face and then slash! But I like the faking it theory better.lol.
    The thing about faking though, is that it's totally Yukio to do that .... she told storm to leave knowing full well she wouldn't leave her there alone....therefore, I say she's faking it!

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I thought the Oakland Clan were peaceful in Gillens X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wait ..... I thought these people were new characters. O_O Where the hell have I been?

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Sorry, I made a mistake. I didn't mean to say Callisto, I meant Yukio. Pak told WG that YUKIO was coming back. Nothing about Callisto was said.

Edit: I am going to go back and correct my earlier post. We don't need to see Callisto again for a very long time. Once-in-a-blue-moon sightings for Callisto is good enough.
    Coincidentally, this whole challenge thing had a lot of parallel to the first time Callisto and Storm fought for leadership in the sewers. This sort of took away any novelty of the whole issue almost - in that way thank goodness Yukio pulled of that twist to at least give something notable about the book. I'm not a fan of throwing in an untold Wolverine story retcon and I don't necessarily agree with either of the girl's thoughts on what Wolverine did or would do in these challenges. Shame. First so so ish of the run.

And where the heck is Agent Brand with all those aliens running around under Vegas?!

I have absolutely loved the last two issues. It's hard for me to say which I liked more, but Pak has really stepped up the pace. I'm so excited for what's to come.

Senior Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There were a whole lot of them that stayed, I'm sure quite a few of them were warriors. The Breakworlders are a savage people after all.

There were a whole lot of them that stayed, I'm sure quite a few of them were warriors. The Breakworlders are a savage people after all.
    But they changed their ways which is why they were granted amnesty. And the group of refugees that were picked up were part of a peaceful sect. I haven't read that arc in a while but I'm pretty sure they were shown as well integrated into society there.