Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 477
  1. #256
    Goddess_In_Real_Life Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey. Yes, do pity me until my struggles (soon) get me somewhere better.
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoWasRight View Post
    According to Dr Doom, she has nothing to do with this crazy Magic or power. Doom himself admitted that he had abuse powers that wasn't his, he had done terribly things and lost some good things. And while he was saying this... Scarlet Witch was his vision. So it's clear from the beginning that Doom messed up her magic. I'm sure this was in few panel that Wanda has nothing to do with that. Doom took the blame and I can post them, but now is getting late... so some other time
    Did Doom seek out her or did she seek out Doom? That's the clear difference.

    She seeked out help from a brilliant madman in a halfassed retcon that made her look worse than simply owning up to her fudge-up.
    Author of X-Forums.

    Follow Goddess on Instagram.

  2. #257
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Did Doom seek out her or did she seek out Doom? That's the clear difference.

    She seeked out help from a brilliant madman in a halfassed retcon that made her look worse than simply owning up to her fudge-up.
    Let not forget when Scarlet Witch seek him or what ever, she didn't remember who she was nor she remember the Mday. It took her son to rescued her from Doom and she almost kill Wiccan while her memory was lost. Is the reason why Doom did what he did so she can ended up in his hands. He was addicted to her power because he use magic like her, but nothing like Scarlet. She didn't even know that the Doom was a madman

  3. #258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnetoWasRight View Post
    Let not forget when Scarlet Witch seek him or what ever, she didn't remember who she was nor she remember the Mday. It took her son to rescued her from Doom and she almost kill Wiccan while her memory was lost. Is the reason why Doom did what he did so she can ended up in his hands. He was addicted to her power because he use magic like her, but nothing like Scarlet. She didn't even know that the Doom was a madman
    Eh, did you read Children's Crusade? In it, a retcon was placed where Wanda, grieving the loss of her 'kids' with Vision, sought Doom's help to find a way to bring them back. The power she got was what turned her crazy/made her crazier (I'll admit I don't know as much about Wanda's pre-HoM history as the X-Men, but I'm lead to believe she wasn't quite sane even before all this shizz) and she went on to kill entire universes out of spite. Post-HoM, amnesiac Wanda is found by Doom and more stuff happens.

    And while you could mount the argument that Doom is to blame for "Wanda going crazy", that would then imply a not-crazy Wanda sought out Doom's help in the first place, leading Wanda to all the crimes she is now immortalized for.
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

  4. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Loving it. Magneto was right because Xavier thinks so. But Cyclops is wrong because he sounds... too much like Magneto?

    Can't wait to find out what Magneto meant by Cyclops going too far, lol. Just, what, Scott gave Malloy full access to his thought process and thus broke the X-Leader Code or something?
    I'm tempted to pick up UXM again for Bendis' trolling. I mean, with the mutt temporarily out of commission, someone needs to tell Cyke he's not living up to their headcanon, amirite? "Might as well let it be Magneto" or something along those lines
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

  5. #260
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris, FRANCE
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    No offense People of the Earth, but if you expect X-Men fans to care that Cyclops ''generalized'' humanity you're barking up the wrong tree.

    The majority doesn't get to play the reverse prejudice card when it's the one committing the original sin.
    I'm pretty sure that if Cap' had made the same kind of generality on mutantkind, the way Scott just did with "the humans", you'd be singing something else entirely...

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    As opposed to how Maria Hill, Exodus and Rachel Grey have fared?
    They didn't try to take advantage of him for their own agenda, at least.
    They were concerned about helping/stopping him, not about recruiting him at the same time to give their organization an edge...

  6. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Cap' had made the same kind of generality on mutantkind, the way Scott just did with "the humans", you'd be singing something else entirely...



    They didn't try to take advantage of him for their own agenda, at least.
    They were concerned about helping/stopping him, not about recruiting him at the same time to give their organization an edge...
    Maybe someone should call the police.

  7. #262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Cap' had made the same kind of generality on mutantkind, the way Scott just did with "the humans", you'd be singing something else entirely...
    I don't follow the Avengers. They are still mandated by the government or something like that ?


    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They didn't try to take advantage of him for their own agenda, at least.
    They were concerned about helping/stopping him, not about recruiting him at the same time to give their organization an edge...
    Like when the SHIELD wanted to "help" Goldball ?



    If his "balls" were made of gold, they would have squeezed him dry to finance their budget.
    In doubt, reboot!

  8. #263
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris, FRANCE
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I don't follow the Avengers. They are still mandated by the government or something like that ?
    Not a the moment, no. They do have a close working relationship with SHIELD however. Axis might change that statu quo.


    Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Like when the SHIELD wanted to "help" Goldball ?



    If his "balls" were made of gold, they would have squeezed him dry to finance their budget.
    They didn't try to recruit Matthew Malloy to further their own agenda, the only one who did that was Scott.
    .

  9. #264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They didn't try to recruit Matthew Malloy to further their own agenda, the only one who did that was Scott.
    .
    No, they wanted to "neutralise" or get rid of him. It failed, not by their lack of trying. If they think they could recruit him, they would but they are too afraid of him and too impotent to do anything about it. They didn't even dared to risk their "precious" Avengers : "They were off world, doing something more important". ROTFL
    In doubt, reboot!

  10. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    No, they wanted to "neutralise" or get rid of him. It failed, not by their lack of trying. If they think they could recruit him, they would but they are too afraid of him and too impotent to do anything about it. They didn't even dared to risk their "precious" Avengers : "They were off world, doing something more important". ROTFL
    Cap would be there but his speech writer was sick.

  11. #266
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They didn't try to take advantage of him for their own agenda, at least.
    They were concerned about helping/stopping him, not about recruiting him at the same time to give their organization an edge...
    And? It took 10+ pages before Matthew went ka-boom once Cyclops started addressing him. Maria Hill, Exodus and Rachel Grey couldn't even muster that much panel time between the three of them. Cyclops fared better than Maria Hill, Exodus and Rachel Grey. That's not an opinion, that's a cold, hard, sexy fact.

  12. #267

    Default

    i REALLY liked this issue.

    but the whole thing about cyclops remembering legion is going to bug me.

    tbh,having legion remove himself from continuity and not having that change the timeline is very weird.

  13. #268
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    interesting issue. i never realized how extreme cyclops stance was, he really does sound like magneto and magneto sounds like him, not sure what bendis is going for here. the idea that humans hate mutants on a cellular level isnt true the x men have had plenty of human allies of the years. magik continues to be my favorite character in this book.

  14. #269
    Senior Member Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I think its pretty clear that Cyclops is cracking a bit here, he's not become outright villainous but he's also not that far from it. He got a lifetime of woe's and injuries and a mountain of guilt eating away at him. His family and friends have all turned their back on him for stuff they routinely hand waved away from just about anyone else. He's been held to an impossible standard and tossed aside when he didn't live up to it. After he lost everything he rededicated himself to Xaviers memory, hence why he renamed the school the New Xavier School, and then he had his made up image of what Xavier was shot down in flames with the reading of the will.

    The solicits and story thus far paint the picture that he's one step away from actually becoming a mutant supremacist and Magneto v2 rather than just taunted as it.

    Its also pretty clear from AXIS that that didn't actually happen. In Axis he was inverted into becoming whats being teased here. Its probable that this is just another step in the extremely slow burn story of Cyclops picking himself up. My hope still is that the point of this story is that Cyclops goes right up to the line but doesn't actually cross it and that the gold side team wake up to what they are pulling. Then you can have a gradual easing of the schism tensions until that terrible piece of crap plot gets tossed.

    ... but i'm probably not that lucky and schism will continue
    A majority of the X-Men fall under it, it's just that Cyclops isn't mentally strong enough to deal with it. Have the Real jean come out of the WHR and watch the guy dance.

  15. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    A majority of the X-Men fall under it, it's just that Cyclops isn't mentally strong enough to deal with it. Have the Real jean come out of the WHR and watch the guy dance.
    Too bad Wanda and Hope killed the Phoenix destroying the WHR. Jean is probably lying under rubble after the roof caved in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •