Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    In my opinion, it would be RPM. Definitely one of the more serious seasons.
    Is there anything from the series before it that would help me? Like what leads them to get their RPM forms or whatever? Or can all the seasons after In Space be watched completely on their own?

WARNING: DANGER! DANGER! The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I wonder why ultraman did'nt hit off in america

PS: Ace is my favourite season of ultraman
    I wish Ultraman was more popular in America. It's hard to collect each TV series.
    What I'm Buying: Nova, Contest of Champions, Amazing Spider-Man,Uncanny Avengers, Web Warriors, Any sort of Star Wars TPB
    What I'm Collecting Digitally: Invinicble Iron Man, Squadron Supreme,Spider-Man 2099
    Never give up! Move on from before.....Surpass your limits!~ Ultraman Orb Opening Theme (It sounds cooler in Japanese.)

as a kid i loved bud spencer movies

today i consider them unwatchable.
    i have no idea how other people can watch powerrangers. not even for nostalgia.
    but tastes are different. have fun folks
    ---
    tell jerec, that this jedi, shall soon join the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Alright, I have access to every Power Ranger season through Netflix, so which one is the absolute best American version? I'll give it a legit chance and see if the cornball stuff from MMPR is still present in what is considered the best of the bunch.
    Chcek out In Space and Timeforce; or what I did last year in college to introduce a group of friends that hasn't seen PR was we watched the first episode of every season and which ever struck a chord with anyone we continued watching.

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraTheFighter24 View Post
    Nice List.
    For Super Sentai: I've seen Choudenshi Bioman, Hikari Sentai Maskman (That's were my username comes from), Choujin Sentai Jetman, Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, Gosei Sentai Dairanger, Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Denji Sentai Megaranger, Mahou Sentai Magiranger, Go Go Sentai Boukenger, Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Tensou Sentai Goseiger, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Tokemi Sentai GoBusters, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, Ressia Sentai ToQger, Shuriken Sentai Ninninger (Only saw 10 eps) and I'm currently on Dobutsu Sentai Zyuohger.

For Kamen Rider I've seen: OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim (Stopped Halfway through), Drive and I am currently on Ghost.
    I only saw around 10 eps of Ninn as well, and I'm also on Zyuohger. I've seen Kamen Rider Black, Den-O, W, 6 eps of OOO, 3 eps of Fourze, Faiz, Kabuto, never finished Ryuki, Kiva, 15 episodes of Wizard, never finished Gaim, 10 eps of Drive, 2 eps pf Ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    In my opinion, it would be RPM. Definitely one of the more serious seasons.
    I've watched the first five episodes so far. It is much better than the first few seasons of MMPR, but it is still very aimed at kids. I'm hanging in there with it, but there is a lot of corny stuff. Mostly it's the super simple story and obvious cliches that all the characters are falling into. Which is primarily why I see it as a kids show. The characters are painted with really broad strokes and very little intricate detail. I'll finish it to give it a full fair shot (30+ episodes, noooo!!!) but I can't see myself getting hooked on Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I wish Ultraman was more popular in America. It's hard to collect each TV series.
    i wonder why it did'nt really boom there.
    even kamen rider got 2 series (dragon knight and masked rider)
    godzilla had a cartoon and 2 movies
    ultraman had 1 live action and 1 animated show (IIRC)
    as far as impact on japanese culture goes, ultraman is up there with the both of them

japan is still releasing blu rays of them.
    i might cop one.

what's your fave season btw?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Well, Tsuburaya has started putting up Ultraman shows for free streaming worldwide on Crunchyroll. I watched last year's Ultraman X as it aired, finished Ultraman Max, finished Ultraman Gaia just yesterday, and am now starting Ultraman Nexus! It's pretty awesome. I'm sure the new show will also be a live simulcast worldwide, as Ultraman X was a big hit.

Unfortunately, Tsuburaya Pro isn't able to put up the first six series (Ultra Q through Ultraman Taro) because a rather shady Thai company, Chaiyo, has the non-Japanese distribution rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I've watched the first five episodes so far. It is much better than the first few seasons of MMPR, but it is still very aimed at kids. I'm hanging in there with it, but there is a lot of corny stuff. Mostly it's the super simple story and obvious cliches that all the characters are falling into. Which is primarily why I see it as a kids show. The characters are painted with really broad strokes and very little intricate detail. I'll finish it to give it a full fair shot (30+ episodes, noooo!!!) but I can't see myself getting hooked on Power Rangers.
    Sorry man, but from that sentence alone I can tell PR might not be your thing. First off, MMPR was the first. It struck gold, but Saban didn't have a clue what they were doing, a lot of what it did worked for the time, and was awesome to see as a kid. Watching it now? It is CORNY beyond belief, the characters are one dimensional, the teens are unrealistic idealistic humanitarian do-gooders to a disgusting degree, and at the end of the day it was a monster of the week episodic small to big formula. But, I'd be lying if I said that isn't what makes it magical. In combination with sick rock, live action martial arts, great mech miniatures, and so much more.

I mean even you came to the conclusion that you wouldn't be fond of it, but kudos on giving it a chance. The thing is, PR tends to require a stronger suspension of disbelief than many shows, so once one has seen enough episodes or seasons, there are queues, hints, and production ticks if you will, that you can pick up on and just accept lol. Once you put certain things in the back of your head, then you can truly enjoy and critique it on another level.

WARNING: DANGER! DANGER! The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    what's your fave season btw?
    I've grown attached to Ultraman Tiga since he's my 2nd Ultraman. Ultraman Mebius is really great too. (Not finished with it though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Well, Tsuburaya has started putting up Ultraman shows for free streaming worldwide on Crunchyroll. I watched last year's Ultraman X as it aired, finished Ultraman Max, finished Ultraman Gaia just yesterday, and am now starting Ultraman Nexus! It's pretty awesome. I'm sure the new show will also be a live simulcast worldwide, as Ultraman X was a big hit.

Unfortunately, Tsuburaya Pro isn't able to put up the first six series (Ultra Q through Ultraman Taro) because a rather shady Thai company, Chaiyo, has the non-Japanese distribution rights.
    Yeah I've been watching Mebius and Nexus.

Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven are all available on Shout Factory DVDs. You can watch them on ShoutFactoryTV.
    What I'm Buying: Nova, Contest of Champions, Amazing Spider-Man,Uncanny Avengers, Web Warriors, Any sort of Star Wars TPB
    What I'm Collecting Digitally: Invinicble Iron Man, Squadron Supreme,Spider-Man 2099
    Never give up! Move on from before.....Surpass your limits!~ Ultraman Orb Opening Theme (It sounds cooler in Japanese.)

its unerring positivity

good guys win, bad guys lose

hope, teamwork, all that stuff
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Ultra Q, Ultraman, and Ultraseven are all available on Shout Factory DVDs. You can watch them on ShoutFactoryTV.
    Yeah, it's pretty cool that they're available. I have the box sets for all three... of course, they have been licensed by the aforementioned Chaiyo (boo! hiss!), who also hold the rights to Return of Ultraman, Ultraman Ace, and Ultraman Taro; all currently unavailable.

Speaking of ShoutFactory TV: they're currently showing Zyurangers (the Japanese series the first season of Power Rangers is based on)! I've watched the first couple of episodes, and wow: they're really all martial arts choreographed dance fighting all the time. It seems they're always fighting or jumping around or whatever even when they're not Rangers.

I've grown attached to Ultraman Tiga since he's my 2nd Ultraman. Ultraman Mebius is really great too. (Not finished with it though.)

Yeah I've been watching Mebius and Nexus.

i like mebius. the series was a great homage to the Showa Ultramen but in it's own right was a good series in itself.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)