Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Abnett, Sandoval Deliver "Guardians 3000" in September

Dan Abnett and Gerardo Sandoval are set to bring the original Guardians of the Galaxy back to Marvel Comics in "Guardians 3000" this September.

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel's cosmic line-up is getting a revival. Now we'll have two GotG, Silver Surfer, and the occasional Nova story in space. Now this explains Yondu's appearance in Marvel NOW! promotional art months ago.
    R.I.P., Jim Zimmerman (Captain Jim), Batman Moderator
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Dan Abnett and Gerardo Sandoval are set to bring the original Guardians of the Galaxy back to Marvel Comics in "Guardians 3000" this September.

Full article here.
    So freakin happy about this...i hope this book is a top ten seller ...best comic news of the year! Onthing better would be Lanning Nova Corps title?

My first reaction to the title was that I hope it's the original guardians. Loved their '90s series. If the book isn't 4.99, I'm buying it.

Sounds good.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

The Cover just screams! "Where back $#@^&#!!!!!%"
    So HYPE, So HYPE! I could not be happier with this news! Hopefully Abnett addresses how Vance got back home after his run.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 06-25-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Further evidence that Marvel remains a boys club?

Seriously, where are the ladies or are we waiting for them to be rescued from the castle?

Well I'll give it a shot but this seems like a risky move. Glad Marvel is expanding the cosmic line but I hope it does well.

Will check this out, like the guy above I liked the 90's series.
    SPIDERMAN 2099* STORM* UNITY* ARMOR HUNTERS* TRANSFORMERS RID* NEW SUICIDE SQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    So freakin happy about this...i hope this book is a top ten seller ...best comic news of the year! Onthing better would be Lanning Nova Corps title?
    Even top 30 is unlikely, but I hope it's entertaining at least. Sandoval has some rough edges on art but it looks like he's improving.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    My first reaction to the title was that I hope it's the original guardians. Loved their '90s series. If the book isn't 4.99, I'm buying it.
    Based on Marvel's current practices, I would expect an oversized $4.99 issue #1 followed by a $3.99 monthly charge for subsequent issues.

This succeeding would only be a good thing. The more chances Marvel gives to second (and below) tier properties the better off they'll be in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post

Seriously, where are the ladies or are we waiting for them to be rescued from the castle?
    I do wonder were Nikki is but this is the teams core founding members and this is Dan Abbnett, he cares a lot about female characters. He just got done the writing the Aliens game with Ripley's daughter.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 06-25-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Inappropriate

It's just a promo art with the originals. I'm sure we'll be seeing Aleta and her implants.

Black Widow, Elektra, X-Men, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk & Storm all exist. Jeez not every book has to have a female in it and not every book has to have a male in it.

I thought it was a promo pic only and kind of hope that some people like Nikki or others get added otherwise its a sausagefest in the team. Anyway, this looks interesting and am curious about the original Guardians.

BANNED

So happy to see Abnett back! I hope this book does even better than Bendis' GotG.

I'm hoping this is NOT another time travel story. And I'm not as fond of the art, but I'm sure it will grow on me. And yes, I do hope we get Nikki ASAP!