Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poison Ivy, The Riddler Feature in New "Gotham" Character Images

New character posters for Fox's "Gotham" tease the pre-Batman looks for a young Poison Ivy and a suave-looking Riddler.

Full article here.

Still not happy with the look of Edward (Riddler) or Pamela (Ivy), but I like the kept together look for Bruce. Bullock is nice and moody.

Penguin's just about right, and others are grand enough really, I suppose. I'll find out what Gordon and Mooney are like when it begins, sure.

But, mostly striking.

I wasn't expecting to see Poison Ivy.
    'I will shed all of this skin to the very bone beneath it, if that's what it will take for you to come to the realisation that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful'

Ivy Pepper, seriously? What exactly was wrong with the name Pamela Isley? And whilst I do like the idea of a female crime boss in Gotham I really wish we could have the Falcones in here somewhere. It's their golden age of power after all and Carmine Falcone is an awesome character.

Why is a young ivy even in this? she has nothing to offer until she's a scientist anyway

whats wrong with edwards look? looks just like I'd expect.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

I like the Catwoman and Poison Ivy ones. Still not digging Penguin's look in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ivy Pepper, seriously? What exactly was wrong with the name Pamela Isley? And whilst I do like the idea of a female crime boss in Gotham I really wish we could have the Falcones in here somewhere. It's their golden age of power after all and Carmine Falcone is an awesome character.
    Because it's not beat you over the head obvious enough for the general public who she becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Why is a young ivy even in this? she has nothing to offer until she's a scientist anyway
    Maybe she's a metahuman in this, and becomes a scientist later on, shows an interest, and unique skill with plants early on.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Me, I'm just a bit put off by it, but moreso by Pamela there, as well as in group photo.

It sort of feels to me like it should really be Gordon and Bullock, solving Wayne murder, butting heads with crime boss Fish Mooney, who might know a thing or too, and Cobblepot, who's to keep an eye on them, all that. Might want to use to get close to Mooney.

Pamela and Edward just seem a bit extraneous to the show, compared to those five, if not six, with Alfred. And, the look doesn't seem as right as it does with a younger Selina, Bruce, or, most of all, Oswald, at least in the past while.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Yeah he's pretty much a younger version of the Animated Series Nigma which I loved.
    Nygma.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    She has "nothing to offer in most incarnations", you mean. That doesn't have to be true in all adaptions. "The Batman" had an Ivy who was Batgirl's age. Maybe she still won't have anything to offer, or maybe they've come up with a compelling character.

I have to wonder if the internet was popular when Bruce Timm was making his series would fans have been posting "Harley Quinn, who is this? Why not use...." and maybe "Mr Freeze's origins are not supposed to be tragic..."

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ivy Pepper, seriously? What exactly was wrong with the name Pamela Isley?
    Well, it's not always her name as CBR pointed out, once it was Dr Lillian Rose. Maybe the name change is meant to signify they are taking more liberties with her adaption.

And whilst I do like the idea of a female crime boss in Gotham I really wish we could have the Falcones in here somewhere. It's their golden age of power after all and Carmine Falcone is an awesome character.
    I agree and hope the Falcones show up, maybe as another threat to Mooney and her gang.
    Original Join Date: Oct 2005

Looks great! I cannot wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    Because it's not beat you over the head obvious enough for the general public who she becomes.
    The thing I don't get is why it has to be. I'm sure people will put two and two together when they see her tending to and talking to plants.

If it were up to me though, she wouldn't even be in this show.

I think the creators (or maybe producers) don't have faith in a Batman-less Gotham story, so they're doing everything they can to keep the Batman mythos in play rather than focusing on the city of Gotham.

Also, I wonder if Cobblepot will still come from a wealthy family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The thing I don't get is why it has to be. I'm sure people will put two and two together when they see her tending to and talking to plants.

If it were up to me though, she wouldn't even be in this show.

I think the creators (or maybe producers) don't have faith in a Batman-less Gotham story, so they're doing everything they can to keep the Batman mythos in play rather than focusing on the city of Gotham.

Also, I wonder if Cobblepot will still come from a wealthy family.
    Studios treat audiences like their morons. They either lie to you ras al ghul, talia al ghul, khan, and then are like "surprise we gotcha" or they spoon feed every little clue to spoil the fun of discovering it your selves.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

The change in Ivy's name makes her sound like something from the Silver or even Golden age. It doesn't suit the tone of this show. Pamela Isley is a perfect name for the tone of this show. Them not using that is kind of a "HUH-WUH??" thing.