Super Moderator

Default In Your Face Jam - Jun 25, 2014

Things get super personal as Brett celebrates his 100th IYFJ by counting down his comic book crushes.

Full article here.

Is that Hector the same as Max Modell's partner? If not, then he should be!

Talking as a straight man here (don't know why that's important), but for some reason I really felt the need to comment on how ridiculous this entire list is. I mean c'mon, seriously, how is Hercules not no.1? Do you even have eyes????

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The 90s trading card style ratings are really what puts this over the top.

Congrats on the milestone, Brett!

I wish I had those old swim suit specials because there are some GREAT pin ups of the Men of Marvel that are so ridiculous that they're awesome...and pretty hot too.

Chris Bachalo drew the hottest Banshee ever. <3

Quote Originally Posted by the_isolator View Post
    Talking as a straight man here (don't know why that's important), but for some reason I really felt the need to comment on how ridiculous this entire list is. I mean c'mon, seriously, how is Hercules not no.1? Do you even have eyes????
    Actually that STATEMENT is ridiculous. Brett said it was his personal list so how could any of the rankings be wrong?

Some suprising choices and also very interesting ones. But geez, Brett, no love for scruffy-faced hairy chested Hawkman?

I do get the warm fuzzies when I look at Aja's Hawkeye, McKelvie's bearded Marvel Boy, Kubert's Ka-Zar and anybody's Nick Fury (Senior). Beast and Foggy are a solid Top 2 though.

Congrats on the milestone Brett, really loved this article! I gotta agree wholeheartedly with Chris Samnee's ability to draw hot men -- Daredevil has always been my #1 crush, and Samnee does him real justice (pun intended)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

After trudging through 99 "In Your Face Jam"'s (I'm a masochist!), I can honestly say I enjoyed this one immensely!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Why no love for the non-white guys of comics? The current iteration of Bishop for example would fit the criteria pretty well.

As I'm a decade if not more younger than Brett, my list looks a little bit different. (Okay, almost completely different.)

I'll agree on Captain America and Banshee, although for the latter I am referring to movie Banshee. Cute ginger guy representation is something we need to see more of.

I did a whole Tumblr post on this a while back:
    http://theboythatswhatiwant.tumblr.c...-lord-hulkling

A lot if it can be down to the particular artist, though. Like, although I've read some of DnA's Guardians, it's the first volume of Bendis' run, with Steve McNiven's art, which gave me a little bit of a crush for Star-Lord. Jamie McKelvie seems to almost universally draw attractive humans; Bobby Drake is an unlikely crush for me, but because of the way McKelvie depicted him, I was sold.

I do view my Marvel crushes through more of a cosmetic prism, though. It's a little harder for me to latch onto personality as well as looks when it comes to the character, although I'd say it's easier to assess looks and personality with Wiccan and Hulkling where I can relate to the characters because they're LGBT and because they're geeks; basically as characters they become dateable as opposed to f*ckable.

Love this article! Always happy to see "sexiest men in comics" lists to balance out the giant pile of "sexiest women in comics" lists out there. The rating system is great and I appreciate the time and effort put into the rationalizations. Plus, the more Blue Beetle love out there in the universe the brighter and happier a place it is -- Adorability personified!

Congrats on 100 columns, and what a terrific list. I wonder how you feel about hairy-chested-gladiator-or-Lex-boxing-Superman. Or Neal Adams love god Batman.

I always thought Wyatt Wingfoot was rather lovely, a big bear of a man, but clean-shaven.

But my biggest fave of the last few years is Pug from Dan Slott's She-Hulk run, his adorability was off the scale.
    How ironic (choke)