Super Moderator

Default CBR's Buzzworthy Books for September 2014

CBR looks at a variety of high-profile September releases, from "Multiversity" and "Death of Wolverine" to "Grendel vs. The Shadow" and beyond!

Full article here.

why not put Dodson and Lemire on the New 52 Teen Titans DC?

Looking forward to Aliens/Prometheus and where's Copperhead(Image)?
    SPIDERMAN 2099* STORM* UNITY* ARMOR HUNTERS* TRANSFORMERS RID* NEW SUICIDE SQUAD

sign me up for aliens/prometheus and some Dark Tower action. Thankee-sai.

I want to get worked up about the upcoming "Death of Wolverine." I really do. If this were happening seven years ago, I might actually be upset at the prospect. But since then, the whole concept of killing characters has lost its impact. Besides, Marvel has already killed Wolverine in other mediums. They killed him off in a very gruesome way in Ultimate and the result was not good. All they ended up doing was creating a replacement character that failed miserably. Now there's not even an Ultimate X-men or mutant book on the racks right now because they've done so poorly. That gives me very little hope that this will be any different or succeed in any meaningful way other than providing a temporary boost and a reason to get Wolverine back in the spotlight for the next movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

If you had told me 15 years ago that each month I would now be more excited about the books being published by Image & Dark Horse versus Marvel (too many Spider-People) & DC (too many Bat-People), I'd have been incredulous.

I saw very little from the 'Big Two' in that line up to pique my interest, though I am interested in "Multiversity", and the self-contained stories therein.

P.S: I have no feelings pro or con about the G.I. Joe universe, but DAMN that cover is cool!
    Top 6 Books Lately: All-New X-Men, Black Science, Aquaman, Five Ghosts, Star Wars, Starlight
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy
    Top 6 X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Cannonball, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey

2 things:
    1. How long until they take that alternate Gwen and transfer her into the main universe?
    2. Who are the Batwoman? I see a blonde and automatically want to say Steph, Maybe one is Harper, can't figure the others. Any ideas?

Love the design on the alternate Gwen.

September is gonna rock. Death of Wolverine, Edge of Spider-Verse, Aliens and Prometheus, and Roche Limit. Glad sci-fi comics have become such a big thing now. Didn't care for the Prometheus movie much, but I'm still holding out hope that the comics will be good and it'll be better tying into the Aliens and Predator stories.