Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default First Look at DC Rebirth Designs For Bizarro, Red Robin, Batman Beyond & More

DC Comics has provided CBR with a detailed look at new designs for a half-dozen more characters.

Full article here.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Reeeed Robin, yuuuumm. His name is a burger franchise. Logo does not help. Lose the red eyes and eye shape on the BB suit. I just really loved how it looked in the show.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Not a fan of Bizarro or Artemis, who's costume looks like a 90s design but without the impractical craziness that made those costumes kind of awesome. But everyone else looks fine, especially Red Robin. I hope this becomes his definitive 2010s design instead of that weird New 52 bird outfit.

Like Bumblebee.
    "The definition of all ages is it’s not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Doom Patrol, Micronauts, ROM.

Terry bulked up .

The Bizarro design is an improvement on what we had before, but it's only reinforcing how much the new Supersuit looks like feeted pajamas.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Red Robin costume should be Damien's. Seriously, why does it have so much green? He's Red Robin.

BANNED

ofcouse i don't like any new design on The Batman Beyond costume as a fan of the tv show... keep it like the show please and i hope the person under the costume is Terry.

I've always really liked the red OYL Robin and The New Batman Adventures look too, a new take on those or the old Red Robin costume (but lose the harness type thing) could have been awesome. I dunno why, but I always liked the cowl.

Still, this is nitpicking, his costume is a huge improvement.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Tim is essentially returning to a slightly modified version of his first Robin suit, which I like because I've never liked his redder variations. Tim's best years as a character were in that earlier, greener suit.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Agreed on the love for Tim's new look. Still prefer a longer cape, but this shorter one is growing on me.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yup, Tim is a huge improvement. Haven't liked any of his costumes this much since his roiginal costume (as seen in Jadeb's avatar).
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

I liked his N52 wing/cape, but they're still bound and determined to keep RED Robin, not a 'real' Robin anymore. I never understood why they changed it, and since Rebirth gave us back Wally (finally), why couldn't they have just tweaked Tim a little and say his history was changed a little too? He deserves to be a true Robin, after Grayson, and the hubcap thief, and more so then Damien in my opinion, as it was Tim who with Alfred, got Bruce to accept the idea of having another Robin fighting beside him in the first place after Joker making Jason's death really painful. I mean, the guy beat him with a crowbar then blew him up! (Joker ain't exactly got an elevator going all the way to the penthouse lol)

Astonishing Member

I think they all look great, except for Bumblebee's costume (ugh, Brett Booth). But even then, its not bad, but her Doom Patrol look was still better.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    I liked his N52 wing/cape, but they're still bound and determined to keep RED Robin, not a 'real' Robin anymore. I never understood why they changed it, and since Rebirth gave us back Wally (finally), why couldn't they have just tweaked Tim a little and say his history was changed a little too? He deserves to be a true Robin, after Grayson, and the hubcap thief, and more so then Damien in my opinion, as it was Tim who with Alfred, got Bruce to accept the idea of having another Robin fighting beside him in the first place after Joker making Jason's death really painful. I mean, the guy beat him with a crowbar then blew him up! (Joker ain't exactly got an elevator going all the way to the penthouse lol)
    Well, it might come out eventually that his history isn't what it should be. Or it could be that he's going by Red Robin now purely because he's graduated from being Robin (a role Damien inhabits). I could be wrong, but remember that Rebirth isn't the climax of some big continuity changing event, it's the start of people discovering that they were the victim of one in the past, so there's no in-story reason for why Tim's history would change... yet (again, could be wrong).