Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel's Tom Brevoort Calls "Rebirth" the 'Most DC Comic I'd Read, In a Good Way'

The Marvel editor discusses the "Watchmen" reveal, and his overall thoughts on DC's game-changing one-shot.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Marvel editor discusses the "Watchmen" reveal, and his overall thoughts on DC's game-changing one-shot.

Full article here.
    And this, dear readers, is how to respond when someone else has a success.
    Btw... he actually gets it.
    "The definition of all ages is itís not just for little kids." - Greg Goldstein, President of IDW.
    Currently reading: Doom Patrol, Micronauts, ROM.

Yep! This guy is good at his job and at speaking candidly about it. Seems to genuinely enjoy it still. Can't wait to see how people find ways to complain about these comments.

Spectacular Member SneakyLookingSort's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Yep! This guy is good at his job and at speaking candidly about it. Seems to genuinely enjoy it still. Can't wait to see how people find ways to complain about these comments.
    "He's clearly paid by Marvel to... oh wait"

Mighty Member

The comic community needs more of.

I also find it hilarious considering how much (unjustified) flak he's getting for his comments on captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I also find it hilarious considering how much (unjustified) flak he's getting for his comments on captain America.
    Alot of Marvel fans don't like him...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Alot of Marvel fans don't like him...
    Tom loves comics, the level of excitement he gives off for just about anything he talks about is unreal. At the same time, he tends to be rather blunt or dismissive when he gets into discussion that involves more of other people's (readers) opinions that don't share in the excitement.

After the Captain America thing, and now him praising DC here, I wonder if he really wants to work for DC now and leave Marvel behind. In a year he might give glowing praise to DC again right after making Tony Stark a terrorist too.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    At the same time, he tends to be rather blunt or dismissive when he gets into discussion that involves more of other people's (readers) opinions that don't share in the excitement.
    Opinions that don't line up with his own, most often. I think people might not dislike him as much if he weren't so much of a smartass when addressing fans concerns...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

An article on a CBR interview they posted an hour or so before this one. Amazing.
    Just. Be. Nice.

When, oh when will Snyder do a Hugo Strange story? The character, a favourite of mine, hasn't had a good story since 'Transference'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Opinions that don't line up with his own, most often. I think people might not dislike him as much if he weren't so much of a smartass when addressing fans concerns...
    I appreciate his candor there too though, because he reacts basically the only way I could imagine any human enduring the amount criticism that comes his way for his company's every move, while still coming off as genuine. There's no way he can afford to care deeply about every pedantic concern or complaint, so I'm glad he doesn't pretend do. He's gotta just let half of it roll off his back, and trust that when it's someone calling him out for not using Darkhawk enough or some perceived minor characterization inconsistency, hopefully that's not so central to that person's life that they can't let it roll of their back too. To me it's impressive that he even takes the time to respond to so many fans online to begin with.

Meanwhile, his recent CBR interview about the Cap reaction, which many were annoyed by and/or took as apologetic or walking it back, seemed to me like the most extreme hand holding he could manage. He didn't seem regretful about the story itself, he was just going out of his way to assure fans that all their reactions are valid, while urging everyone to give the story a chance. I totally understand that response, because widespread charges of disrespecting Cap's Jewish creators need addressing more than the typical complaints, but it's amazing how much flack he gets even when trying to meet fans 75% of the way.

I am still waiting for Marvel and Disney to merge the Star War and Marvel Universe together

This is all a part of the Disney conspiracy against Batman v. Superman!!! ...Or something.

Not surprised. It was a good comic and a bit of a love letter to fans from DC. Hopefully it'll go forward as good as it started.

I will say I'm surprised he didn't seem jealous. DC has a controversial leak, and their fans are ecstatic and even more willing to pick up their book. Marvel has a controversial leak, and their fans start twitter and tumblr campaigns citing that they've been mentally traumatized by the mere concept.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by my two cents View Post
    i am still waiting for marvel and disney to merge the star war and marvel universe together
    stop it.

Dont give them any ideas.