View Poll Results: what should happen to the xmen

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep the rights, & do a new trilogy with the young actors (cyclops, jean, storm, kurt etc...)

    26 56.52%
  • Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

    3 6.52%
  • Share the rights with Marvel

    10 21.74%
  • Sell the rights completly to Marvel.

    7 15.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    175

    Default What should happen to the X-men after X-men: Apocalypse?

    So the movie is out, and it is not a huge hit in the boxoffice. what do you think will happen next?
    I personnally liked the young actors (tye, alexandra & co); I would love to see more of them. here are 4 options:


    Scenario 1: keep the rights, & do a new trilogy with the young actors (cyclops, jean, storm, kurt etc...)

    Scenario 2: Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

    Scenario 3: Share the rights with Marvel

    Scenario 4: Sell the rights completly to Marvel.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    1 & 3. 2 works with 1 anyway and only results in making the X-men side characters to another lead. 4 results in nothing, but another reboot in a world that doesn't want/need/have room for them.

  3. #3
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Ideally for me: Keep the rights and do a more faithful two-parter retelling of Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga with the young cast (and McAvoy). Then have a big crossover film with the other Fox mutant properties like Deadpool, Gambit, New Mutants, X-Force and Wolverine/X-23.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Bl00dwerK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,258

    Default

    I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...

  5. #5
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Your poll should have had: keep the rights and have a proper reboot.

    The singerverse has been used for 16 years, its about time fox does a complete reboot

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...
    Who seriously wants an other origin story after Fox just finished with that?
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

    Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

    Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.
    They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 06-02-2016 at 01:29 AM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.
    They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X...ool-75877.html

  10. #10
    Veteran Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    1 and 2. MCU and FCU would both require a reboot to make the X-Men work for the latter two options, that would most assurdly not be worth it.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

    Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.
    Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool, so #2 is already part of #1. The only change would be to make it all about Deadpool.

  12. #12
    Veteran Member ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.


    Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool
    You say it because of article where she told that she would like to play Psylocke in Deadpool?
    Or there were some better rumour?

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.


    Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)
    I say test that with New Mutants. Storm is involved. Replace Xavier with Jean, Jubes, Cyke, Nightcrawler or Quicksilver to build both teams. Its basically the MCU strategy.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X...ool-75877.html
    That's more like a different portrayal. Like what happened with Hulk after the Norton movie.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 06-02-2016 at 02:18 AM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •