View Poll Results: what should happen to the xmen

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep the rights, & do a new trilogy with the young actors (cyclops, jean, storm, kurt etc...)

26 56.52%
  • Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

3 6.52%
  • Share the rights with Marvel

10 21.74%
  • Sell the rights completly to Marvel.

7 15.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Default What should happen to the X-men after X-men: Apocalypse?

So the movie is out, and it is not a huge hit in the boxoffice. what do you think will happen next?
    I personnally liked the young actors (tye, alexandra & co); I would love to see more of them. here are 4 options:

Scenario 1: keep the rights, & do a new trilogy with the young actors (cyclops, jean, storm, kurt etc...)

Scenario 2: Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Scenario 3: Share the rights with Marvel

Scenario 4: Sell the rights completly to Marvel.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

1 & 3. 2 works with 1 anyway and only results in making the X-men side characters to another lead. 4 results in nothing, but another reboot in a world that doesn't want/need/have room for them.

Ideally for me: Keep the rights and do a more faithful two-parter retelling of Phoenix Saga/Dark Phoenix Saga with the young cast (and McAvoy). Then have a big crossover film with the other Fox mutant properties like Deadpool, Gambit, New Mutants, X-Force and Wolverine/X-23.

I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...

Rookie Member

Your poll should have had: keep the rights and have a proper reboot.

The singerverse has been used for 16 years, its about time fox does a complete reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm gonna say share the rights because that would get us a reboot...
    Who seriously wants an other origin story after Fox just finished with that?
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Keep the rights & move on based on deadpool reality. ( & introduce the other xmen somehow... )

Great chance to reboot everything like they did with Colossus. I hope Tatum`s Gambit will be in future with Deadpool.
    They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 06-02-2016 at 01:29 AM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They didn't really reboot Colossus. They tried to get the old actor back.
    They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X...ool-75877.html

1 and 2. MCU and FCU would both require a reboot to make the X-Men work for the latter two options, that would most assurdly not be worth it.

Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool, so #2 is already part of #1. The only change would be to make it all about Deadpool.

Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.

Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Munn is in talks to play Psylocke in Deadpool
    You say it because of article where she told that she would like to play Psylocke in Deadpool?
    Or there were some better rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Remove Magneto Mystique Quicksilver Wolverine completely from the next movie and downgrade Professor X to a supporting character role.

Make the first movie ever about the actual X-Men and see how it goes (No more Wolverine/Mystique/Xavier/Magneto & The X-Men movies)
    I say test that with New Mutants. Storm is involved. Replace Xavier with Jean, Jubes, Cyke, Nightcrawler or Quicksilver to build both teams. Its basically the MCU strategy.

They offered him only CGI/stunts. They wasn`t even planning to use his voice so I think we can count it as reboot of character.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X...ool-75877.html
    That's more like a different portrayal. Like what happened with Hulk after the Norton movie.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 06-02-2016 at 02:18 AM.