Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

I haven't bothered checking these sales figures since the Rebirth initiative began, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how strong the Superman books are doing. Superman and Action are regularly shellacking the Marvel books and are holding steady right behind everything Metal and Batman-related. Not bad. I wish some of that magic could extend to the supporting Superman family, but at least the flagships are pulling their weight and justifying the current direction.

Quote Originally Posted by last son of krypton View Post
    no, i was referring to the variant covers by lau...

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    really love this one.

both are excellent covers..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-14-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    That's quite a jump in sales for Supergirl, from 122nd place in June to 65th in September. Was the artwork really dragging down the book that much?
    I gotta say I preferred the previous artwork more, but if the new artwork keeps the book in circulation I can deal with it.
    The sudden influx of sales isn't because people are buying Supergirl for the content/interior artwork. That's purely thanks to the variant cover and most of these books are probably put into bag and board without ever being read.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Normandy Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    The sudden influx of sales isn't because people are buying Supergirl for the content/interior artwork. That's purely thanks to the variant cover and most of these books are probably put into bag and board without ever being read.
    So is this just a one time thing then and Supergirl will be back down into the 100s again next month?

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

So is this just a one time thing then and Supergirl will be back down into the 100s again next month?
    Solicitations up to Supergirl #16 all have variants by Artgerm Lau. Who knows how long that strategy will be effective, though.

Mind, we won't know what kind of sales the Supergirl trades have through non-direct market channels until we get BookScan leaks around Q2 next year.

I do wonder what level of sales DC gets via libraries. My local library system has 25 copies of New Super-Man Vol 1 and 23 copies of Supergirl Vol 1 (Rebirth) in circulation.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 10-16-2017 at 11:23 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Normandy Gold

Ultimate Member

That's quite a jump in sales for Supergirl, from 122nd place in June to 65th in September. Was the artwork really dragging down the book that much?
    I gotta say I preferred the previous artwork more, but if the new artwork keeps the book in circulation I can deal with it.
    NO it's those covers.

If you CAN buy one-buy it because they are going for double to triple the price on online.

My store-if you don't pull list on Sunday-you are out of luck Monday.

I don't think the art in the book hurt it-I think the storyline that requires you buying the annual hurt this arc and it detoured from what issue 9 was about for a trip to the Phantom Zone and Ben finding out who Kara is (and getting the "interest" beyond friends angle that the CW dumped on the show).