Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor: God of Thunder, #24

THE LAST DAYS OF MIDGARD Aftermath
    • Thor's battle against ROXXON has colossal ramifications for all of Asgard. And also for... Jane Foster?
    • While in the far future, what dark fate has befallen Galactus at the hands of the King Thor?

Full article here.

This arc has been great. Great using Roxxon in a new and interesting manner.
    Mooper Films

It's time for Asgard to go back where it came from. For one thing, the old place was much bigger and had room for more species, and incredible wonders such as caves that allowed time travel.

It's astonishing sometimes how Thor seems incapable of using magic clandestinely to do things like reveal the truth of what Roxxon was doing. Instead it's Roxxon who has all the PR on their side.

Ms. Hulk! I mean, She-Hulk!

I'm looking forward to this issue, especially Jen and seeing how things go down in the future.

I have to say though, I was a little disappointed by the showdown between Thor and Agger in the last issue.

Least this might be why Asgardia seems to be in space in the preview for the Tenth Realm miniseries.

I would love to see Asgard back in Asgard space where it belongs. I wonder how they would get all the denizens of Asgard back there though? Aaron is doing a great job on this title so far but I hope Ribic stays on the art.

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    I would love to see Asgard back in Asgard space where it belongs. I wonder how they would get all the denizens of Asgard back there though? Aaron is doing a great job on this title so far but I hope Ribic stays on the art.
    Back in Jurgens run I believe there was a device King Thor retrieved from the Asgardian ocean that allowed him to transport Asgard wherever he wanted, in this case, hovering over New York City.

That again reminds me all of the awesome things Asgard being on a continent allowed. In some sense I don't want it in space per se, but on its own continent. I want a continent and surrounding oceans to be filled with amazing magical beings and things. I'm kind of surprised Asgardians don't want those things themselves. I imagine a place where at any time even little kid Asgardians could encounter monstrous creatures and be expected to slay them, because that's the kind of beings they are and want to be.

I'm glad that Marvel has reprinted Walt Simonson's work. His work and later more photorealistic art on glossy pages show some of the possibilities that can be imagined with Asgard located on its own magic continent.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 06-26-2014 at 03:30 PM.

That art looks pretty good, I never heard of Alessio before but I hope Marvel hires him to alternate with Ribic on this book.
    AvP|Hellboy|Magnus RF|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|Valiant
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

Thor at least has had very interesting periods of great art. Of course there was Walt Simsonson. I may disagree with Jurgens on some of his plots, but as he is an artist himself, it seemed to me he had very good taste and had excellent rapport with some more photorealistic efforts at art. And now Ribic has his own style which is neither classical nor photorealistic, but still excellent.

Very disappointing that Essad Ribic didn't have time to draw the entire issue, but that's the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Thor at least has had very interesting periods of great art. Of course there was Walt Simsonson. I may disagree with Jurgens on some of his plots, but as he is an artist himself, it seemed to me he had very good taste and had excellent rapport with some more photorealistic efforts at art. And now Ribic has his own style which is neither classical nor photorealistic, but still excellent.
    Dont forget about Coipel, his run was gorgoeus
    AvP|Hellboy|Magnus RF|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fade Out|Lazarus|Low|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|Valiant
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Dont forget about Coipel, his run was gorgoeus
    Yes, that is another example of Marvel assigning one of their top artists to Thor.

Excellent. Excited for this issue and #25 as well. Aaron and Ribic have been excellent. The art in this issue is pretty good. Can't wait to see what happens.

Asgard really should be in its own dimension. Glad Asgardians are leaving Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Excellent. Excited for this issue and #25 as well. Aaron and Ribic have been excellent. The art in this issue is pretty good. Can't wait to see what happens.

Asgard really should be in its own dimension. Glad Asgardians are leaving Earth.
    I'm just curious if the eventual destination is to move in with Odin in cosmic Asgard or find yet another place to establish a new Asgardia away from Odin and presumably Odin's still watching over the body of Cul.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Ms. Hulk!

I have to say though, I was a little disappointed by the showdown between Thor and Agger in the last issue.
    So ur telling me u expected more then
    A) Thor duking it out with Ulik and Minotaur at the same time?
    B) Thor punching agger into a Roxxon floating continent and it EXPLODING?
    C) Thor callin down fire and setting trolls minotaur and Ulik ablaze while he sailed the air currents in majestic glory and fiery passion
    D) all penned by Ribics mastery
    E) not including the galactus fight!

I'm glad i don't have your standards! ! I'd be dissapointed every issue! !