Page 1336 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 33683612361286132613321333133413351336133713381339134013461386 ... LastLast
Results 20,026 to 20,040 of 21470

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Alan Rickman stole Die Hard (1988) and he had vastly less action than numerous other characters... ditto in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)

But that's the PERFECT example. Ruffalo killed it as Banner, and it had nothing to special effects (puny god was very funny); but it was the bubbling anger, the nervous sweat and the inner struggle the actor conveyed that made his performance so good. So much of Ruffalo's work was his non-verbal looks and behaviour.

Well that is just... your opinion man, I guess we are on total opposites side of this completely. I mean shit, Ruffalo was good but Hulk stole the movie, not Banner.

yipikaye >>> Rickman
    Comic Book Brawls: http://www.mindofshadow.com/category/comic-book-brawls/

The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

Elder Member

I wouldn't say the character stole the show, but the "Time In Bottle" scene in Days of Future Past was probably the best in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Harder than Gods of Egypt and Exodus combined?
    Combined? Wouldn't go that far. However, it will be deemed a critical and possibly a box office failure.

The biggest blow to the film, besides the Zoe casting and the fuckery that came with it and the fact that the trailers are....lacking, is the lack of a blessing of Nina Simone's family. That alone will chase people away from it.
    Storm and Black Panther Appreciation: http://instagram.com/pantherwindrider

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She made a good effort at doing just that, but Mark Ruffalo beat blindsided her. Of course, he had a certain advantage over her in the SFX department... It's hard to beat the "Puny god" scene...

She totally stole Winter Soldier IMO.
    Winter Soldier was easily ScarJo's best showing in an MCU movie. She def stole the show in that film.
    Storm and Black Panther Appreciation: http://instagram.com/pantherwindrider

But that's the PERFECT example. Ruffalo killed it as Banner, and it had nothing to special effects (puny god was very funny); but it was the bubbling anger, the nervous sweat and the inner struggle the actor conveyed that made his performance so good. So much of Ruffalo's work was his non-verbal looks and behaviour.
    And Johansson came in a close second in this sort of thing.

Also, this was the first Hulk ever that was actually acted by the same actor that plays Banner (as opposed to be just an animated CGI model or a painted bodybuilder). I credit Ruffalo a lot with this being the forst time the Hulk really worked onscreen.

Did she???? How, she was off the grid for a chunk of it, and turned her back on her entire mentality after one speech from Cap (because she's not intelligent enough to have thought threw her choices, and one speech will sway her???).
    Black Widow did not steal the movie, and nobody claimed she did.
    Scarlett Johansson on the other hand did steal the movie.

I left the theatre thinking "Wow, that was a pretty great Black Widow film."
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Genesis of A Nemesis Spear of Bashenga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Bro, are you getting Dark Souls 3?
    Yep, my birthday is April 10th so that was what I asked my wife for.
    When SoB gets hostile he spits gospel like he's in the Winans.

Veteran Member

There's a difference between an actor having a great performance in a film, you really liking an actors performance in a film, and the actor "Stealing" a film.

Scarlett Johansson hasn't stolen any Marvel film she's been in.

Hulk stole the show in Avengers, that's who everybody was talking about after that movie came out.

Nobody stole the show from Cap in The Winter Soldier. It was firmly a Cap movie, and LOTS of people walked away from it with a greater appreciation and understanding of Captain America.

Scarlet Johanson gave very good performances in both of those movies, a lot of fans really enjoyed her in those films, but she absolutely didn't "Steal the show" in any film.

Tom Hiddelston as Loki stole the show in both Thor films and came damn close to doing so in Avengers.

Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon and Vin Diesel as Groot stole the show in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Let's backtrack:

You've cited a handful of POC directors you consider to be diverse. I maintain that I've seen a lot of insularity in POC cinema, but I haven't said that such diversity is impossible.
    Name all these directors.

In fact name the films. Boomerang, House Party, Meet Da Peebles, Cooley High, Brian Hooks Q & Q2, Perfect Match, Chocolate City & Baggage Claim, Friday and Haunted House are excluded. As are all those silly stage plays that claim to be real films.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    There's a difference between an actor having a great performance in a film, you really liking an actors performance in a film, and the actor "Stealing" a film.

Hulk stole the show in Avengers, that's who everybody was talking about after that movie came out.

Nobody stole the show from Cap in The Winter Soldier. It was firmly a Cap movie, and LOTS of people walked away from it with a greater appreciation and understanding of Captain America.

Scarlet Johanson gave very good performances in both of those movies, a lot of fans really enjoyed her in those films, but she absolutely didn't "Steal the show" in any film.

Tom Hiddelston as Loki stole the show in both Thor films and came damn close to doing so in Avengers.

Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon and Vin Diesel as Groot stole the show in Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Yep.

I find it odd Scarlet gets criticized by KF for not stealing tehs how "because she had the best lines" or some crap but then turn aroudn and act like Storm wasn't a shit show from the beginnign and put all the blame on (poorly acted) Halle.

But, w/e, movies hit people differently I suppose.

The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

Alan Rickman stole Die Hard (1988) and he had vastly less action than numerous other characters... ditto in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
    News Flash...

Anyone who can tell you about the career of a fellow named Bruce Willis up until the film Die Hard is going to laugh pretty loudly about halfway through someone trying to say that it was actually Alan Rickman that stole the film.

In what might be the fastest sell out ever the latest Spider-Man Disney Tsum Tsum line that features Miles, The Lizard, Venom, Rhyno and Green Goblin debuted on the Disney Store site at 12:15am and was gone by 12:20am

I stayed up late and got diddly squat

Correction:

Ryhno, Goblin and Lizard are still available
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 03-15-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post

Exactly.

Cap 2 was very much focused on Captain America and Black Widow was very much a supporting character in the movie.

She hasn't stolen the scene in any Marvel movie.

Loki, Hulk and Rocket Raccoon were show stealers. Loki chews up the scenery every time he's on screen.

Sonofbaldwin on "Making America White Again"

America was NEVER white.

Not in 3000 B.C.

Not in 1492 A.D.

Not in 1619 A.D.

Not in 1776 A.D.

Not in 1865 A.D.

Not in 1950 A.D.

Not now.

Not EVER.

There’s no way to make America “white again,” because there is no “again” to retrieve.

What America has been, since about the 15th century, is WHITE SUPREMACIST.

That distinction is important to make because claiming that conservatives want to make America white “again” confirms a warped, white supremacist view of reality–namely, that Native Americans and African Americans don’t exist and didn’t exist in some magical period of American history.

The actual, existential reality is that the primary state of the land we now call America, the default nature of this space, is Native American/First Nations/Indigenous–which is decidedly not white.

And the other existential fact is that the current nation, which we call America, would not exist if not for the exploited labor of African Americans — who are, also, decidedly not white.

So, let’s have the real discussion here about white supremacy’s delusional character and attempt at a wholly revisionist history.

What Trump and his supporters want is the fantasy of an all-white America and what we should be asking ourselves is: What are they willing to do to get it?

http://sonofbaldwin.tumblr.com/post/...ii-nightlyshow

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    In what might be the fastest sell out ever the latest Spider-Man Disney Tsum Tsum line that features Miles, The Lizard, Venom, Rhyno and Green Goblin debuted on the Disney Store site at 12:15am and was gone by 12:20am

I stayed up late and got diddly squat

Correction:

Ryhno, Goblin and Lizard are still available
    What are these thibgs?> like Beanie Babies or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Cap 2 was very much focused on Captain America and Black Widow was very much a supporting character in the movie.

She hasn't stolen the scene in any Marvel movie.

Loki, Hulk and Rocket Raccoon were show stealers. Loki chews up the scenery every time he's on screen.
    The definition of the term "stealing the show," is when a supporting character shows him or herself to be more dynamic than the star. The star cannot steal the show because you cannot steal something you already own. So yeah, I think Scarlet Johansen did steal the show in Winter Soldier, just a bit.