Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Eh I've only watched the first season and thought it was pretty good. I don't know what the felicity diaries are. Regardless, I'm not sure the character of green arrow is worth a $6 bill a month for 30 minutes of reading to me. Granted l, the first two issues were decent. There are just a lot of really good books out there now. Maybe if DC wasn't shipping twice a month on all titles, I'd keep up with it. But every DC series I read adds another $6 to my monthly bill. I wont be getting everything I like...only what I love.
    First 2 seasons are good. It just gets bad. And I understand if you can't afford everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i really dont want left wing GA back. he was a asshole , he was cheater, left teammates to die and he did things that made no sense. i don't want that GA back, keep it like the show GA fine. That awesome GA with the outsiders story line? i welcome it back with open arms. We don't need a political hero, just a good one who cares and that got most of that right in the first issue. i hope they keep him that way.
    When did he leave a teammate to die?! I never saw Ollie do that.
    "I was so busy staring into the face of the future, trying to absorb the big picture, that I forgot to watch my own back." TONY STARK

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    First 2 seasons are good. It just gets bad. And I understand if you can't afford everything.
    The first two seasons were definitely the best. I am not entirely well versed in GA, but tell me this. Was there always such an extreme similarity between him and batman (went away to train for 6 years, tragic event involving his parent turned him superhero, rich party boy by day and vigilante by night, super gadgets, the list goes on), or did the show invent that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redruum View Post
    The first two seasons were definitely the best. I am not entirely well versed in GA, but tell me this. Was there always such an extreme similarity between him and batman (went away to train for 6 years, tragic event involving his parent turned him superhero, rich party boy by day and vigilante by night, super gadgets, the list goes on), or did the show invent that?
    They were very similar before the 1970s. Green Arrow had an Arrowcar, an Arrowplane, an Arrowsignal in the sky. He and his kid sidekick would fight bizarre villains.

The only thing the show added that wasn't there before was the death of his father - in the comics, Ollie's parents were already passed when he was shipwrecked.

In the 1970's, they gave GA his "liberal loud-mouth" persona to differentiate him better from Batman. But still, Green Arrow doesn't have as deep a mythology as Batman does, so it's no wonder they are pulling from Batman's stuff for story ideas.

i really dont want left wing GA back. he was a asshole , he was cheater, left teammates to die and he did things that made no sense. i don't want that GA back, keep it like the show GA fine. That awesome GA with the outsiders story line? i welcome it back with open arms. We don't need a political hero, just a good one who cares and that got most of that right in the first issue. i hope they keep him that way.
    at least hypocritical cheating left-winged Oliver had a personality and felt like a 3 dimensional character. More than I can say for new 52 Oliver, who even under Lemire was just bland.

So I read the Rebirth issue and really loved the art. I will also freely admit that I love looking at Black Canary's chest.

But it's not enough to keep me around. The whole thing kind of came off formulaic to me. Joke here, joke there, kick this guy, shoot that guy, attack the main character, double cross (oh henry!)

I did enjoy a superhero so liberal that he'll use his politics to justify reckless bribery. That made me laugh. I also loved Black Canary pretty much telling Ollie to settle down, he's just her fuck buddy.

But yeah, nothing special here for me otherwise. I need a lot more for me to not consider the fact that he's an archer character to be a complete joke.

No, the complain about Felicity isn't and it will never be too much. It was because of her fans and shippers that the show is ruined right now. They went to the writers tumblr and twitter ALL THE TIME, like AAAAALLLLLL the damn time asking for her to be the female lead and Olicity to be canon, and the writers were stupid to think they were the biggest fandom and that do everything they want(literally, they asked on tumblr and marc guggeinhem gave it to them on the show, he even said "INTERNET ASKED, WE ANSWERED") would be the best direction, and now it's easy to notice that this Olishit thing became the main thing of the show. The only way to make a bit of a difference, is to make as much noise as they did.

Veteran Member

fear not, the comics industry holds a grudge; and after the constant attack the Olicity hordes made on various creators she'll never be allowed appear until kids who grew up on reruns of the show are old enough to be writers/editors

to say nothing of the fact that the run that featured her had its sales tank

I mean, the character herself could probably be salvaged comics-wise (and I hope Rickards doesn't have the role hanging over her head for the rest of her days), but she shouldn't be in the same end of the DCU as the other GA characters for at least a generation

Hum interesting. Can somebody elaborate on that please.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    if you think the felicity diaries are a good fix for green arrow, that's your decision to make.
    This is where that like button would come in handy. "LIKE"

My biggest issue with the new series is the dialogue. For now I'm onboard with series (through the first arc at least) as everything else has been good enough. Art is solid. The storyline feels like a GA Court of Owls with a human trafficking element attached, but the build has been good so far. The last page twist was a bit cliche and has been overdone, but I'm willing to see where it leads. Just hoping the one issue I do have with it either starts to work for me or gets better.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    at least hypocritical cheating left-winged Oliver had a personality and felt like a 3 dimensional character. More than I can say for new 52 Oliver, who even under Lemire was just bland.
    agree, I dropped Arrow probably 6 issues into Lemire's story. I really like THIS series. Giving the cops money seemed just kind of wrong. The way Ollie justified his actions was kind of scary, but if you are a vigilante I guess you have to have some kind of method for justifying your actions.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Incredible Member Uncanny Mutie's Avatar

I like the story and what Black Canary finally being back in the mix adds to it. I especially like that they are reincorporating classic elements of Ollie. I just don't like how overly cartoonish the art is. I honestly can't believe so many people like the art so much, as I find it quite distracting (especially for an arc about underground monsters kidnapping homeless children and women).
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 06-25-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Stephen Amell Teases Deathstroke’s Return

Since Slade’s defeat in the past and present, he’s been locked up on Lian Yu just waiting to reappear. While he did so virtually during the Invasion crossover, the actual Slade Wilson is just waiting to come back onto the show and provide Oliver with the villain that truly matches him. While enemies like Promotheus, Vigilante, and Kovar are all exciting and worthy adversaries, the Green Arrow’s true rival is Deathstroke. Luckily, it looks like we won’t have to wait much long for his return.

Amell has taken to his Twitter to share a very familiar photo with fans, teasing the return of Slade Wilson to Arrow.

Arrow sucks...

Anywho, the June Solicits came out, and Oli and Dinah are breaking up...

F**K YOU DC

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Arrow sucks...

Anywho, the June Solicits came out, and Oli and Dinah are breaking up...

F**K YOU DC
    Have you ever considered doing Jimmy Kimmel's Mean Tweets episode?

{just kidding}