Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What species are stronger than Data?

On a one on one fight what Star Trek species can defeat Data in a fight? I know Q can but who else? How would Data do against a Gorn?

Veteran Member

I think the giant space amoeba probably could. There are other cosmic level folks floating around also. There are lists somewhere. Do you want to limit this to a physical fight with opponents of roughly humanoid size?

horta > Data

Probably Species 8472 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    On a one on one fight what Star Trek species can defeat Data in a fight? I know Q can but who else? How would Data do against a Gorn?
    If this is the classic Gorn which I consider the canon one, Data is way too fast and can hit hard enough to hurt it so Data should beat a gorn. If it's the faster moving "Enterprise" gorn, it's tougher and uncertain.

Setting aside cosmic species, there was a species in one episode that seemed human but was some sort of possibly rock-like creature in disguise and it took multiple phaser shots to stop it. But I don't remember if the species ever had a name.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Do you want to limit this to a physical fight with opponents of roughly humanoid size?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

Veteran Member

A changeling could probably beat him, though I don't know if they would qualify as humanoid as they are not required to maintain a humanoid shape. Kevin Uxbridge could probably just make himself able to kick Data's ass if he wanted.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    If this is the classic Gorn which I consider the canon one, Data is way too fast and can hit hard enough to hurt it so Data should beat a gorn. If it's the faster moving "Enterprise" gorn, it's tougher and uncertain.

Setting aside cosmic species, there was a species in one episode that seemed human but was some sort of possibly rock-like creature in disguise and it took multiple phaser shots to stop it. But I don't remember if the species ever had a name.
    They called it the Stallone, and it's theme song was Eye of the Tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Announcer: "The Inbetweener just chumped Death itself! All hope is lost! Wait.. what's that sound? Bah gawd, it's Galactus' theme music!"

Galactus: "Inbetweener! Whatcha gonna do when Galactamania runs wild on you brother!"

*suplexes the Inbetweener into a moon*

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Wasn't that guy on the Super Soldier Serum able to kick Data's ass? or was that just Worf?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Wasn't that guy on the Super Soldier Serum able to kick Data's ass? or was that just Worf?
    rogar danar is who you mean. he was a beast in his own right since he could take multiple phaser shots and not go down, blizt everyone in engineering before the bridge could warn them he was coming, and was strong enough to man-handle a bunch of security officers. but no, he couldn't fuck with data.

and really, he did beat worf in a fight but............it's TNG worf.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and really, he did beat worf in a fight but........it's TNG worf.
    Yeah, that's not much of a feat. In TNG, Worf was basically around to job and show off how strong someone was. Well, that and snarl at things.

Oh, and this.

tumblr_npbzvbWMIN1qcpsk7o1_540.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Yeah, that's not much of a feat. In TNG, Worf was basically around to job and show off how strong someone was. Well, that and snarl at things.

Oh, and this.

tumblr_npbzvbWMIN1qcpsk7o1_540.jpg
    which is why when worf comes up, we either use TNG worf or DS9 worf. and DS9 worf is a absolute badass.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well I knew that. Hence me asking whether he beat Data in that blitz or just Worf.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That was Worf and, even then, he only beat Worf by causing a bunch of crates to fall on him. It was never conclusive that he could have beaten him in a straight fight.

When that episode originally aired, just before they were going to transport Rogar to the planet, a friend of mine suddenly said, "Hmm, I wonder how they're going to get Data out of the room?" No sooner did he say that than Picard said, "Data, you're with me. You'll coordinate the transport from the bridge." He just had a feeling that the plot was headed toward Rogar running free on the ship. For that to happen, it had to be contrived so Rogar never had to directly fight Data.
    The Four Levels of Competence
    Unconscious incompetence - where one is not aware one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious incompetence - where one has trained enough to finally figured out one stinks and has zero skill.
    Conscious competence - where one has skill, but needs to concentrate and think about everything as one is doing it.
    Unconscious competence - where one has hardwired stuff in enough that one doesn't actually think about what one is doing, but just does it.
    -SharpandPointies

I have been sick for over a week soar throat and coughing. I have been watching Star Trek the original series episodes every night lol. I would say Charlie X could defeat Data pretty easy.