Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Storm #1

From street urchin in Cairo to the Queen of Wakanda to Headmistress of the Jean Grey School and everything in between - she is a hero with no equal. Her desire to make the world a better place is unmatched, even though that world that hates and fears her. On her mission to spread goodwill and embody Charles Xavier's dream in her own way, she will stand alongside new faces and familiar friends - and come face to face with more than her share of enemies.

But you cannot stop her any more than you can defeat the wind. She is a force of nature. She is Storm! And the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake. No fan can afford to miss this eagerly anticipated debut issue - so get swept up as STORM #1 rolls into comic shops and digital devices this July!

Full preview here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    From street urchin in Cairo to the Queen of Wakanda to Headmistress of the Jean Grey School and everything in between - she is a hero with no equal. Her desire to make the world a better place is unmatched, even though that world that hates and fears her. On her mission to spread goodwill and embody Charles Xavier's dream in her own way, she will stand alongside new faces and familiar friends - and come face to face with more than her share of enemies.

But you cannot stop her any more than you can defeat the wind. She is a force of nature. She is Storm! And the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake. No fan can afford to miss this eagerly anticipated debut issue - so get swept up as STORM #1 rolls into comic shops and digital devices this July!

Full preview here.
    This is a good news day.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    This is a good news day.

o
    Yes it is. *sighs at the awesome*
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

Storm #4 by Greg Pak - October 15, 2014

I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Could we please have a few more threads dedicated to the preview please? 2 is not enough
    Please merge
    With this being the official CBR thread I am going to post my observation. In my local area there has not been a lot of buzz for the book but I expect it to grow like it did with Cyclops and Magento which are sold out in my area. Out of 7 there was only one that had a confirmed pre-order for the Young cover (and yes, this is a large metropolitan area). Hopefully a 3rd issue change in artists does not stop any momentum it may have in the first couple of issues as I would like to see the series succeed so characters I am actually currently invested in have an interest in may get an opportunity to have there own series as well. From the sounds of it though, many fans plan on picking up multiple issues of number one which can have a detrimental effect on later issue sales.
    This preview is proof positive that the colorists are a vital piece of the creative team as well. The art was not bad in the black and white images but this is so much improved they look like two different previews. The interior almost matches the beauty of the covers now.
    I appreciate the scene of her grabbing the man and using his as her shield.
    Last edited by Daymare; 06-27-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Om gam ganapataye namaha! Namaste!

Wow. Every time I see a preview for this issue, it looks even better. Unfortunately, I don't have room on my list for this, but I'll probably get the trade.
    Axis UncannyAvengers UncannyXMen XFactor XForce Magneto Loki GhostRider Nightcrawler SpiderMan2099 RocketRaccoon SecretSix Saga Wicked+Divine Low

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Wow. Every time I see a preview for this issue, it looks even better. Unfortunately, I don't have room on my list for this, but I'll probably get the trade.
    Make room on your list ....
    Visit Storm-Goddess One of the longest running and most advance Storm fan sites on the net

The art is gorgeous and I'm told Pak is a good writer. I'll check it out.
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    He is. I've liked his previous X-work, and I've heard his work on Hulk and Superman was very well received by fans.

This looks awesome. I can't wait!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Yes it is. *sighs at the awesome*

o

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The thing that sounds good about this series is that at least the first 3 issues appear self-contained. Pak does really well on single issues, his long arcs tend to bobble back in forth (IMO)
    She is fighting a tsunami and some revolutionaries in Africa in #1, then Callisto in the sewer in #2, and catching up with Forge in #3 so you shouldn't have to worry about a huge arcs or bloated stories.
    Om gam ganapataye namaha! Namaste!

I wasn't sure about the art from the pencils preview, but those colors... It's looking pretty good!

Really excited for this one. The one and only X-Book I'll be getting in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    The thing that sounds good about this series is that at least the first 3 issues appear self-contained. Pak does really well on single issues, his long arcs tend to bobble back in forth (IMO)
    She is fighting a tsunami and some revolutionaries in Africa in #1, then Callisto in the sewer in #2, and catching up with Forge in #3 so you shouldn't have to worry about a huge arcs or bloated stories.
    Those seem like the story beats that many people, myself included, brought up in terms of what should be in a Storm series. We'll have to see where the series goes after that, if it veers into places the fans haven't anticipated. *cough* Candra *cough*

I hope we see Storm and Jeen interacting in this series. Storm could be such a great mentor to the younger version of her best friend.

The current artist is only on the series for a few issues, right?
    Why? Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I like Storm as a character and Greg Pak on Action Comics has been brilliant though his Batman / Superman has been a bit hit and miss. I like the art in the previews. Will definitely give this a try.