Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jun 27, 2014

Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso comments on "Original Sin" at its halfway point, the motivation behind "Guardians 3000" and plenty more.

Full article here.

Man! Star-Lord's movie costume does not translate well to the page at all!

It's notable that this "New Avengers Annual" is essentially a Doctor Strange solo story. Can it be seen as testing the waters at all for a future "Doctor Strange" solo series?

Alonso: There is a Doctor Strange plan. I'm not going to get into the who's, when's or what's, but I will confirm that we have a writer, and he or she has got a very firm handle on what they're going to do. Doctor Strange's role in "Original Sin" helps us get there.
    woooooooooooooot
    The Mind of Shadow- My Blog that has some comic stuff, but also lots of movie, powerlifting, fish, and other random stuff.

If you have a Blog on comics, action movies, aquariums, weightlifting, or anything else I might be interested in, hit me up with a PM so I can check it out.

Last Comic Based Blog Post: Easy Comics to Jump On To: The Punisher

I disagree, I think it looks great and it's far better than that horrible get up Bendis had him in.

So, I know Waid did a Strange mini with Rios. Also, Waid & Gillen are both off Hulk and Iron Man following the Original Sin co-headlining mini. One of those two for Strange? I'm excited. Daredevil, Strange, & Surfer are probably my 3 personal favorite Marvel characters. Again - I'm excited.
    Pull: Annihilator, Batstuff, Casanova, Danger Club, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Deadly Class, Dream Thief, Drifter, Ghost Fleet, Grindhouse by De Campi, Groo, Men of Wrath, Multiversity, Southern Bastards, Trees, Wild Blue Yonder

Quote Originally Posted by jonny_anonymous View Post
    I disagree, I think it looks great and it's far better than that horrible get up Bendis had him in.
    The Bendis costume was completely awful but this costume just translates so poorly it's to over designed and has way to many things going on and no two artist seem to be able to draw it the same. Looks cool on screen(Besides the Helmet Hair) and i'd choose it any day over the Bendis costume but it just does not work on the page.

Good lord, how good was Gamora's old costume? NOW THAT's COMICS.

Was their intent with the mirror image art to represent how utterly UNINSPIRING Marvel costume design has been lately?

Those Daredevil pages look great. Excited to read that.
    Saga, Chew, Southern Bastards, Deadly Class, The Private Eye, Batgirl, She-Hulk, Loki: Agent of Asgard

Rhodey in the Avengers?

I thought it was supposed to be the premier team, not a clearinghouse of support characters and total b and c list.

I don't know who greenlit yet ANOTHER Rhodey title so soon after "War Machine" went under, but I hope they know that this isn't a hot character that readers are burning with intense desire to read solo adventures on any sort of sustained run.
    Last edited by pixie_solanas; 06-27-2014 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    I REALLY prefer his original outfit shown there.
    Man.

It just makes me depressed. I hate to be a pointless nostalgist, but this really brings it all home that we're getting polished, palatable corporate-owned IP at the expense of real avant garde storytelling (old school Marvel). Safe, movie-ready costumes, safe, movie ready scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I REALLY prefer his original outfit shown there.
    Man.
    Personally I liked his 08 series costume the most.

Senior Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I will be first on the Dr. Strange book once it (inevitably) begins. I love love loved The Oath and the latest New Avengers Annual. Except for a reference to Reed's maxim "everything dies", it really could have been called Doctor Strange Annual and got just as much people running towards it and buying it. Would love to see that issue get the oversized hardcover treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Rhodey in the Avengers?

I thought it was supposed to be the premier team, not a clearinghouse of support characters and total b and c list.
    Since when?

The Avengers has almost always been a team composed primarily of B and C-listers with A-list figureheads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Do what now? Only the first line-up and Bendis' New Avengers were really the PREMIER teams.
    Avengers has always had a pretty diverse cast in terms of A-D list characters.