View Poll Results: Who should be Spider-Man heroine partner in the same manner as with the Black Cat?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

18 33.33%
  • She-Hulk(Jennifer Walters)

6 11.11%
  • Psylocke

4 7.41%
  • Black Widow

3 5.56%
  • Silver Sable

29 53.70%
  • Carol Danvers

10 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Peter is not his parents, and truthfully, they are basically an afterthought in his larger story. The only time his parents were relevant was when he thought they were alive but they turned out to be robots.
    Does it matter? The fact is the spy angle is an afterthought. Daredevil is not a spy; yet he and the Black Widow work well together. The same can apply to Spider-Man x Black Widow. Besides that, Silver Sable's origins are tied to the Cold War as well as the Nazi's. However, i didn't bring up Peter's parents just to tire her with the Black Widow. I brought in Peter's parents because they offer an opportunity to bring in characters who could either fit into his rogue galleries like the Red Skull, The Abomination, and Baron Zemo who might have had a grudge against them and would extend their hatred of the Richard and Mary Parker unto him. This is like in the manga One Piece, where at the start of the White Beard war against the World Government, they announced that Monkey D. Luffy was the son of Monkey D. Dragon, the world's worst criminal. Despite Luffy not knowing his father, the World Government wants to kill him because he's blood related to a man they despise. So their hatred for Dragon now extends to Luffy. This is the comparison that I wanted to make with Peter Parker and his parents, which opens the doors to a story that would flush out Peter's friendship with the Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Does it matter? The fact is the spy angle is an afterthought. Daredevil is not a spy; yet he and the Black Widow work well together. The same can apply to Spider-Man x Black Widow. Besides that, Silver Sable's origins are tied to the Cold War as well as the Nazi's. However, i didn't bring up Peter's parents just to tire her with the Black Widow. I brought in Peter's parents because they offer an opportunity to bring in characters who could either fit into his rogue galleries like the Red Skull, The Abomination, and Baron Zemo who might have had a grudge against them and would extend their hatred of the Richard and Mary Parker unto him. This is like in the manga One Piece, where at the start of the White Beard war against the World Government, they announced that Monkey D. Luffy was the son of Monkey D. Dragon, the world's worst criminal. Despite Luffy not knowing his father, the World Government wants to kill him because he's blood related to a man they despise. So their hatred for Dragon now extends to Luffy. This is the comparison that I wanted to make with Peter Parker and his parents, which opens the doors to a story that would flush out Peter's friendship with the Black Widow.
    She works with Daredevil because Daredevil is a noir-ish character. Spider-Man can certainly be in noir stories, but he is a bright, shiny, kid-friendly superhero character at his core.

Peter Parker's parents are irrelevant. The idea that they were secret agents is a huge misfire. The only important parents Peter Parker has are Ben and May Parker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    She works with Daredevil because Daredevil is a noir-ish character. Spider-Man can certainly be in noir stories, but he is a bright, shiny, kid-friendly superhero character at his core.

Peter Parker's parents are irrelevant. The idea that they were secret agents is a huge misfire. The only important parents Peter Parker has are Ben and May Parker.
    Whether irrelevant or not, it could be used as an opportunity to bring in other characters who has not dealt with Spider-Man on a personal level. It would be cool to see Omega Red as an enemy of Peter Parker because of his connection to Richard Parker who might have dealt with Omega Red before he became a killing machine. After all, it could be said that Peter Parker having a sister is irrelevant as well.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Darthfury78: Yes, but the stigma. Any of that but your keep ignoring the one thing I'm actually pointing out. There's a stigma that becomes attached to women placed in ASM as Peters " partner " whatever this may entail and it carries over and follows the woman as if she'd been branded. This mostly originates in the fanbase. However that doesn't mean it matters, because what the fans think does matter since their whom the art is for. In this case it happens to be the majority. Your idea regarding how Carol " could have " worked sounds nice. However the two problems with it are 1.) It didn't. How things could have been isn't evidence for how they are and 2.) This presumes the writer they hired for this job is you as your the one with the idea to write it this way. Even if it had gone through chances are greater that someone other than you writing the story would write it a different way than you conceived, thus this evidence of why it would work is also as problematic as #1. I respect your opinion for how your head fanon works as much as I do my own, then again you called mine into question and are trying to sell me that yours should be mine. It doesn't work that way, no offense.

Your topic is also confusing. You ask " who will " replace Black Cat, in other words hold up her position as Peters street roaming accomplice, which inclined me to think who I believe the writers would logically choose for this in the future. Once entering the thread the conversation changes to " should ". Now were in a more vague sense of questioning. Enough so that it allows the users to become more opinion based rather than going with what the writers would appear to and not to have in mind. being unsure I answered on both accounts honestly. You petitioned Black Widow and I told you I wouldn't like I comic as such though a mini would be fine, then tried to give you another possible combination I'd like. Yet you tell me I'm not allowed and petition me again. So at this point I can only concluded that I have been confused (as I pointed to my footprints in the sand to the castle) as to the nature of this question. Your question in this thread is " Out of My (Your) choices for character to replace Black Cat given how I outline the plots, which would you choose? " The problem then is I REALLY would not want to read a series with any of your candidates. Again no offense to you, those are your flavors of choice not mine. I already told you mine, his daughter.

-
    Edit: Apologies as well for the cut-in but I know how some minds can read things, his daughter as his partner and protege. You see I'm of the opinion that I really wouldn't mind seeing a Peter Parker who isn't a horny geek boy wetting his jeans every time the next " girl in gym shorts " comes by. Even if it's in the air for enough fanboys to inwrite it. I would like to see Peter have no adult woman counterpart for awhile if any and instead focus on one of two defining traits of his character: Great Responsibility. The thing I love about Peter is not his capacity to be a doe eyed freshman. It's his sense of responsibility and honor. The fact that while many other heroes are focused on big concepts and disasters he instead takes it to the basic level and takes up matters of heart, and becomes an inspiration for youth. Again imo, but there is the Spider-man I really want to read about.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-11-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @Darthfury78: Yes, but the stigma. Any of that but your keep ignoring the one thing I'm actually pointing out. There's a stigma that becomes attached to women placed in ASM as Peters " partner " whatever this may entail and it carries over and follows the woman as if she'd been branded. This mostly originates in the fanbase. However that doesn't mean it matters, because what the fans think does matter since their whom the art is for. In this case it happens to be the majority. Your idea regarding how Carol " could have " worked sounds nice. However the two problems with it are 1.) It didn't. How things could have been isn't evidence for how they are and 2.) This presumes the writer they hired for this job is you as your the one with the idea to write it this way. Even if it had gone through chances are greater that someone other than you writing the story would write it a different way than you conceived, thus this evidence of why it would work is also as problematic as #1.
    Hi,
    I meant no offense to you in any way. Sorry about that. With regards to the Black Cat, most of her adventures with Spider-Man actually happened outside of the ASM whereby the satellite titles handled those stories more often than not. But those titles are gone in favor of a twice a month ASM under a single writer. Marvel even cancelled Avenging Spider-Man for Superior Spider-Man Team-up which was cancelled after Superior Spider-Man's run was finished. Most of heroines I've talked about could have been placed in Spider-Man's team-up series. When they gave the Team-up series to Chris Yost, he never used a heroine to team up with Spock. And in Avenging Spider-Man, neither had Zeb Wells who was the initial writer for the series.

I always felt that Avenging Spider-Man could have been used as a platform for guest writers to use as a chance to write Spider-Man in which they would not have otherwise been given to work on AMS. The idea of having a guest writer work on Avenging Spider-Man was appealing because it would give Marvel a chance to test the writer's ability to write a spider-man story and to see how they progress with the character over time. If they do well, they could be given a Spider-Man mini series where he teams up with the Black Widow for example. This could have been used to determine who would succeed as the next writer of ASM(or satelite titles) because their have proven themselves for the job.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Darthfury78: Don't worry about it and thanks. The "offended " thing comes up a bit and I think that's just etiquette though it isn't the case for me. I more find myself in a position where I'm uncertain why I'm defending my position and where to go with the answer. If were being honest Silk replaced Black Cat. And whatever other woman at whatever time hence why I mentioned Wraith as she's on and off in the position. The questions I think are why, is it essential to telling the story of Spider-man and is it beneficial to the female character (looking at what happened with Carol, the current state of Felicia and the majority of opinion generated around Silk and Peter's " romance right now?)? As I explained myself was that maybe him having an associate is needed. It gives him someone to interact with and display his character, his faults and strengths. However as of Silk this is being used to paint him in a negative light imo and not actually doing the morality of his character any service. I think it's the sex thing, whether acted out or just tension hence the idea to formulate a partnering that actually would challenge his sense of duty and responsibility instead and thus show this to the reader. Show the reader what Peter is really made of and why he's a man to look up to and admire. And I know this may be wishy washy of me but Spider-man is an icon for little boys. Do I want Marvel to be doing things that teach little boys how to be proper well adjusted men or am I comfortable with them pressing that boys should chase the girls and added, can get affection using shallow methods or in the current case just with some " pheromones " (like using those scam based colognes for example) and no real emotional strides nor repercussions? I definitely have reservations about the latter here and if this helps to explain what I'm saying better.

Else I think additional books are good for the same reason. Maybe I'm spoiled and used to having multiple Spider-man titles at one time though so I have an expectation for Peter's cast to be more fleshed out as a result? And maybe for reasons the publishers know it's actually unrealistic these days. After all despite being a good read Avenging did get cancelled and didn't continue on in any other form. I'm sure we'll see a similar book in the future though even it only runs in the short term. Marvel is obviously going to try and sell more Spider-man.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member

Incredible Member

This montage is fake. I recognize Spider-Man's pictures from his first crossover with Superman.

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

If you read the newspapers or RYV, MJ, with and without powers, is filling this role pretty nicely

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If you read the newspapers or RYV, MJ, with and without powers, is filling this role pretty nicely
    Non Spider-Man created heroines is what I wanted to see. RYV is very good series. But it might had been interesting if Tigra and Peter were working together and have her tied to The Black Cat....

Who cares...it isn't like any of these "new" relationships are going to add to anything,or go anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Who cares...it isn't like any of these "new" relationships are going to add to anything,or go anywhere.
    They will add to the idea of opening doors towards stories that we have yet to see involving Spider-Man. No one is saying that Peter has to be in a romantic relationship with anyone. But the idea of expanding Peter's mutual relationships with some of them could make things interesting and a few revelations to both characters as well.

They will add to the idea of opening doors towards stories that we have yet to see involving Spider-Man. No one is saying that Peter has to be in a romantic relationship with anyone. But the idea of expanding Peter's mutual relationships with some of them could make things interesting and a few revelations to both characters as well.
    I'm just really tired of this whole idea that Spidey has to constantly be "Teamed-Up" with somebody in order to create better "stories".And none of these Team-Ups will result in any kind of long lasting working partnership like Peter had with Black Cat before that character was ruined.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    I'm just really tired of this whole idea that Spidey has to constantly be "Teamed-Up" with somebody in order to create better "stories".And none of these Team-Ups will result in any kind of long lasting working partnership like Peter had with Black Cat before that character was ruined.
    Let me be clear with my statement. For example, in the case with the She-Hulk, Peter could appear as a supporting character. Not as Spider-Man. Just because Peter shows up in the She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, or Captain Marvel doesn't mean that its a team-up event. The opposite would apply to the said heroines as well, such as Jennifer talking to Peter in a non She-Hulk role cameo role in their civilian guise. The idea is the get the chest pieces in plan to prepare for a story that's unique to them. A good example is Greer Grant with the NYPD doing a crime scene as a Forensic DNA Scientist gathering evidence that doesn't require her to be Tigra.