Page 150 of 157 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2352
  1. #2236
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10,166

    Default

    I wonder if Vision will take over funding the team? Amadeus lost his fortune so he can no longer do it. The other possibility is new power couple Iron Man and Wasp, as his protege and her step/adopted daughter are both on the team. But Kamala probably wouldn't appreciate it as it would give them a major tie to the Avengers. With Vision, it'd just be Dad doing daughter a favour. Of course, he can't earn anything from his government liaison job while he's in the repair shop though...

  2. #2237
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Vision will take over funding the team? Amadeus lost his fortune so he can no longer do it. The other possibility is new power couple Iron Man and Wasp, as his protege and her step/adopted daughter are both on the team. But Kamala probably wouldn't appreciate it as it would give them a major tie to the Avengers. With Vision, it'd just be Dad doing daughter a favour. Of course, he can't earn anything from his government liaison job while he's in the repair shop though...
    But couldn’t you say the same about Janet funding them? I mean, we saw in the last 2 issues of Unstoppable Wasp the lengths that Janet will go through to help Nadia. Plus considering she has the backing of Pym’s assets, I’m sure she’d be glad to help especially given the Champions stance on helping the world.

  3. #2238
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Is Vision's wallet even on par with Rich Spidey , Iron Man and Stingray? Best solution is to ignore that part of Pak's run or say he started something else and made his money back.

  4. #2239
    Incredible Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The timeline doesn't make sense - Miles no longer HAS a solo book, and the last arc of his last one can't be set at the same time as the Champions' Infinity Countdown issues, as the Champions guested in the last two issues (and with a lineup that still included Cyclops - though there's no real reason Nadia couldn't have replaced him). Planet Hulk II/World War Hulk II being then is fine though.

    I wonder if Nadia will miss issue 22, due to events in her miniseries with Ant-Man? That's actually set during Infinity Countdown as well.
    Well, that mini confirms time is faster in the microverse so it's possibly the entire mini could be set in a hour but weeks in the microverse.

    Zub is basically confirming a Miles solo but not just yet. Plus, setting it before the Spider Man last arc is kinda messy.

  5. #2240
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    322

    Default

    For funding if it were up to me I'd do an issue that parodies Shark Tank but with a bunch of D-List Super Heroes/Villians trying to get funding for a team, with Ahura as one of the judges.

  6. #2241
    Mighty Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The timeline doesn't make sense - Miles no longer HAS a solo book, and the last arc of his last one can't be set at the same time as the Champions' Infinity Countdown issues, as the Champions guested in the last two issues (and with a lineup that still included Cyclops - though there's no real reason Nadia couldn't have replaced him). Planet Hulk II/World War Hulk II being then is fine though.
    That was a screwup on Bendis' part since by that part, the 05 should have been written up.

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Iím pretty sure he just couldnít think of anything for them to do - Miles always gets the short stick in this, like when Waid didnít care about writing him so replaced him with Gwenpool in an issue explicitly about racism, without acknowledging he wasnít there.
    I mean, keep in mind that Sam, Kamala, and Scott were also not included in any of the Secret Empire tie-in issues. I don't think any of this is an intentional snubbing on Zub's part, just him trying to make a really messy timeline work.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  7. #2242
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10,166

    Default

    Nadia's solo has been revived. Assuming Miles has one too, that means we're back to up four Champions family books (Kamala's obviously being the other one).

  8. #2243
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I hope Jim Zub is lying through his teeth because Riri's new costume is awful at least in terms of design but taste might differ of course. But if the functions can impressive and make her more set apart from Tony.
    It's fine if you don't like it, but it's presumptuous to say you hope he's lying because you don't.

  9. #2244
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,066

    Default

    Whenever a writer wants to do a big Sam-focused storyline, I ask myself "Is he ever going to really find his dad?"

  10. #2245

  11. #2246
    Incredible Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whenever a writer wants to do a big Sam-focused storyline, I ask myself "Is he ever going to really find his dad?"
    That's a good question to ask I don't know when the answer will be yes but it's an excellent question to be asking.

  12. #2247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Well, that mini confirms time is faster in the microverse so it's possibly the entire mini could be set in a hour but weeks in the microverse.
    but they'd still only be gone an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  13. #2248
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whenever a writer wants to do a big Sam-focused storyline, I ask myself "Is he ever going to really find his dad?"
    Yea I still remember how we wasted an Avengers arc in Waid's run on the plot point and it still went nowhere. Between that and Pymtron, I'm wondering if Marvel is just in a competition with itself to see which can blue ball the fans more.

  14. #2249
    Incredible Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whenever a writer wants to do a big Sam-focused storyline, I ask myself "Is he ever going to really find his dad?"
    Sean Ryan's run sucks because of that bullcrap.

  15. #2250
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's fine if you don't like it, but it's presumptuous to say you hope he's lying because you don't.
    Understandable and I was thinking of Harry Potter when I wrote that really.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •