Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 163

Thread: Thanos vs

  1. #46
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    It should do, because it's valid. Everyone present can see that Thanos loses this one - based on actual feats and reasoned arguments - except you. You being the person with the Thanos avatar and Thanos-influenced name...

    There are individuals in this fight who can pose Thanos problems - PC Supes and Sentry, for example - and there are 18 people in total. It's too much. Every individual power that Thanos has is either equalled or bested by individuals or collective individuals. Speed, telepathy, physical strength, molecular control, energy manipulation etc etc.

    Arguing for Thanos in this particular fight shows a very obvious bias - especially given the way you're trying to argue (if he has shields up, so could Strange, Invisible Woman and Jean Grey, for example). He's outmatched almost in every respect.

    He beats every individual here in a one-on-one fight, no doubt. But Just PC Supes and Sentry as a pair could win a minority. Adding in everyone else is complete and utter overkill.
    furst off you need to get your facts straight as I've not said Thanos actually wins, only how he could approach the battle.

    Tbh I'm not going in circles with you anymore. Also Sentry isn't beating Thanos.

  2. #47
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    I get it your doing the trying to gang up on the new guy bully routine , lol good for you.

    Point is, why isn't the guy or Thanos allowed to operate at the lvl of reacting to attacks at light speed when he has had shown he can. Like I said before it's not his average but he has shown them reactions before to blitz's.
    we already had a mod ruling on thanos' reflexes a while back. dont know if it still stands now but it was ruled that thanos doesn't have FTL reflexes.

  3. #48
    Veteran Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    Point is, why isn't the guy or Thanos allowed to operate at the lvl of reacting to attacks at light speed when he has had shown he can. Like I said before it's not his average but he has shown them reactions before to blitz's.
    Even spotting him that, a variety of the people here are wildly beyond lightspeed in superspeed reaction time.

    But that aside, why would he be spotted that?

    So, Thanos, there aren't actually, compared to a lot of characters with their own years spanning series or are some dude's regular archnemesis or that kind of thing, actually all that many showings in his career to try and figure him out by, and while in many ways that works out for Thanos as far as trying to weigh strength, durability, what have you, because there's only so much to work with, in terms of speed, it leaves you with Thanos coming off like a guy who gets by on people doing the standard speedster thing of showing they have some speed, then completely forgetting they just did.

    Or, more specifically. So when has Thanos done what you are talking about? Bearing in mind if these are all just going to be "he hit a guy, and that guy has superspeed, therefore so does Thanos". Yes, the Flash's rogues hit him all the time. They're not (outside of one or two) FTL as a result, the Flash is just the most PIS laden character in comics. When has Thanos straight up, let's say someone attempts to blatantly superspeed blitz the guy and Thanos just locks it down?

    Hell, the closest character he is comparable to in that sense is Karate Kid, whose own showings are pretty much really just fights with a handful of stuff outside them, but in them at least does junk like turning Superman into a superspeed spinning top to use against his teammates, or somehow negate speed force channeled instant death effects targeting him, even as they hit him, or judoing someone into another solar system, or what have you.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-01-2016 at 12:36 PM.

  4. #49
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    This makes no sense if you want to treat powers and characters that have them as things that exist and can be logically discussed, instead of aspects of a narrative that are only as capable as however much the writer needs them to be capable to tell the story they want to tell. If someone can act within the span of, let's say, for instance, picoseconds, and they are facing someone that acts within the span of, let's say normal human reaction time, why would they not be able to throw some ridiculous number of punches on them? How many punches do you figure someone who, let's say, invented a machine, then built the machine, from nothing, to analyze a shapeshifter, within a span of seconds, could throw on Thanos before Thanos could possibly react to them?

    If the Flash, regardless of whether it hurt or not, decided to throw as many punches as he possibly could on Thanos before Thanos could even think to do anything, how many do you figure the Flash could throw?

    Thanos' thoughts and reaction times are molasses compared to someone with ftl superspeed reaction time, how are Thanos' thoughts even processing to respond to pre empt any such hailstorm of punches?

    "million, billion punches", hey sure, probably much for some of these people (actually, rechecking the list, honestly, even millions seems pretttty fine, but let's just roll with setting that aside for a moment). Thousands and thousands though? Why not particularly? Why not, going absolute lowball, thousands?



    You want to talk about "what happened in books" when saying that despite their powers, people with vast superspeeds would not use them on Thanos. Going by "what happened in books", Thanos has lost to what boil down to Avengers pile ons. A precog being there doesn't change losing unless Ulysses actually powered them up. So my question becomes, if the standard is "what happened in books", why do those count, and not these count?



    How much power did that cube have overall?



    Issue number? And as I'm still asking, issue number for Thanos being noted as weakened before the Avengers clobbered him that other time?
    Seeing as Thanos has feats of ppl attacking him a super speed/flight speed (Legacy and Jack of Hearts) and blitzes and FTL speeds ((Ganymede and Fallen One) are to but name a few.

    They have used super speed on Thanos in comics as I've just named a few examples.but with ppl like Surfer it boils down to simple things like his power is useless against Thanos his speed is irrelevant.

    It had enough power to make Starlord god according to Gamora. Kang gave it to the GOTG for a universal lvl threat Kang had foreseen.


    Not sure issue number I'll check as I don't own the comic. Stark states it after they've defeated Thanos. You can choose to believe me or not, it makes no difference to me.

  5. #50
    Veteran Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    we already had a mod ruling on thanos' reflexes a while back. dont know if it still stands now but it was ruled that thanos doesn't have FTL reflexes.
    More accurately, there used to be a ruling that granted him such reflexes. It didn't carry over from the last board reboot because on a revisit, there was nothing there to make the argument for such things.

    Unless there was a follow up that noted him having no such stuff at all explicitly, in which case I was asleep that day.

  6. #51
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    we already had a mod ruling on thanos' reflexes a while back. dont know if it still stands now but it was ruled that thanos doesn't have FTL reflexes.
    Lol what he's shown it through his history at various times he had them reaction times. Hell before death first upgraded him he was firing off multiple blasts at super speeds in his first early appearances.

  7. #52
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    I get it youre doing the trying to gang up on the new guy bully routine to look impressive lol good for you.
    Not particularly, but if you want to victimize yourself be my guest. Fact of the matter is, your bias towards a particularly individual in this argument is plain for all to see, and I'm not exactly wrong by saying your argument is getting you nowhere. Pulling the 'I'm being bullied' card just sort of ... underlines that particular point.

    Point is, why isn't the guy or Thanos allowed to operate at the lvl of reacting to attacks at light speed when he has had shown he can. Like I said before it's not his average but he has shown them reactions before to blitz's.
    Because we go by 'high feats consistent with the character's presentation' and his biggest FTL feat involves the Infinity Gauntlet. You know, the Infinity Gauntlet.

    One feat with asterisks, isn't exactly enough to fit the above mentioned criteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Announcer: "The Inbetweener just chumped Death itself! All hope is lost! Wait.. what's that sound? Bah gawd, it's Galactus' theme music!"

    Galactus: "Inbetweener! Whatcha gonna do when Galactamania runs wild on you brother!"

    *suplexes the Inbetweener into a moon*

  8. #53
    Veteran Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    Seeing as Thanos has feats of ppl attacking him a super speed/flight speed (Legacy and Jack of Hearts) and blitzes and FTL speeds ((Ganymede and Fallen One) are to but name a few.
    Yeah. Issue numbers for such things? Because this is starting to sound like "the Flash's Rogues hit the Flash all the time".

    They have used super speed on Thanos in comics as I've just named a few examples.but with ppl like Surfer it boils down to simple things like his power is useless against Thanos his speed is irrelevant.
    What comics did your examples occur in?

    It had enough power to make Starlord god according to Gamora. Kang gave it to the GOTG for a universal lvl threat Kang had foreseen.
    Let me try that one again. Was that the cube noted to be on dregs of power of itself?

    Not sure issue number I'll check as I don't own the comic. Stark states it after they've defeated Thanos. You can choose to believe me or not, it makes no difference to me.
    Why bother to post on a comic book debate board if you feel that it doesn't matter if people question the claims that you make?

  9. #54
    Veteran Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Lol what he's shown it through his history at various times he had them reaction times. Hell before death first upgraded him he was firing off multiple blasts at super speeds in his first early appearances.
    What suggested he was firing off those blasts at superspeeds particularly?

  10. #55
    His Iteness Ite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    I understand the the IG and CC not being allowed. What about Deaths hordes he can call upon as a army. They are at his beck and call now as per infinity Finale.
    No he can not call them.

  11. #56
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Even spotting him that, a variety of the people here are wildly beyond lightspeed in superspeed reaction time.

    But that aside, why would he be spotted that?

    So, Thanos, there aren't actually, compared to a lot of characters with their own years spanning series or are some dude's regular archnemesis or that kind of thing, actually all that many showings in his career to try and figure him out by, and while in many ways that works out for Thanos as far as trying to weigh strength, durability, what have you, because there's only so much to work with, in terms of speed, it leaves you with Thanos coming off like a guy who gets by on people doing the standard speedster thing of showing they have some speed, then completely forgetting they just did.

    Or, more specifically. So when has Thanos done what you are talking about? Bearing in mind if these are all just going to be "he hit a guy, and that guy has superspeed, therefore so does Thanos". Yes, the Flash's rogues hit him all the time. They're not (outside of one or two) FTL as a result, the Flash is just the most PIS laden character in comics. When has Thanos straight up, let's say someone attempts to blatantly superspeed blitz the guy and Thanos just locks it down?

    Hell, the closest character he is comparable to in that sense is Karate Kid, whose own showings are pretty much really just fights with a handful of stuff outside them, but in them at least does junk like turning Superman into a superspeed spinning top to use against his teammates, or somehow negate speed force channeled instant death effects targeting him, even as they hit him, or judoing someone into another solar system, or what have you.
    Ganymede tried to blitz Thanos at super speed at got owned and she is capable of such blitz as she earlier did it to a Tyrants robot and Surfer. Fallen one tried to blitz Thanos too and got stopped by a energy field Thanos created to halt him.

  12. #57
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Lol what he's shown it through his history at various times he had them reaction times. Hell before death first upgraded him he was firing off multiple blasts at super speeds in his first early appearances.
    please name specific feats that don't involve the IG, HOTU, or PIS on the part of the person he was fighting.

  13. #58
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What suggested he was firing off those blasts at superspeeds particularly?
    The fact you see his hand and blasts in several places in the one panel.

  14. #59
    Alpha Villain BadTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    please name specific feats that don't involve the IG, HOTU, or PIS on the part of the person he was fighting.
    Already named them Jack of Hearts and Legacy(Genis Vell) attacked him at flight speed. Ganymede and Fallen One tried to blitz him are a few of the top of my head.

  15. #60
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Already named them Jack of Hearts and Legacy(Genis Vell) attacked him at flight speed. Ganymede and Fallen One tried to blitz him are a few of the top of my head.
    issue numbers? scans?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •