Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Pak Celebrates The Incredible Hulk's Life, Mourns His Death in "Civil War II: The Fallen"

Greg Pak discusses the life and death of Bruce Banner, and how Amadeus Cho's anger fuels "Totally Awesome Hulk's" "Civil War II" involvement.

Full article here.

Issue #15 is the beginning of a new storyline that features Amadeus teaming up with a number of other Asian American superheroes. I'll let folks continue to guess at the identities of all of the characters on the cover, but I'll tease that one of those men in black is one of Marvel's oldest heroes,
    Toro.
    one is an iconic character from the '70's,
    Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu.
    and one first appeared in 2005. It's a blast working with all of these characters from so many different eras of Marvel's history -- including recent icons like Ms. Marvel and Silk. I can't reveal too much about the story right now, but it's something I've been itching to do for years. Stay tuned, and be sure to pre-order that sucker!
    Hmm... who's the last one?

Just like the Marvel Universe civilians to boycott Banner's funeral.

I wasn't aware that Toro, Shang Chi and Ms Marvel were all Asian America?

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Just like the Marvel Universe civilians to boycott Banner's funeral.
    As a founding Avenger, you would have thought that some representative of the group would turned up officially or unofficially.

Elder Member

There probably isn't anyone more deserving to write Banner's funeral then Pak, other then maybe PAD, though I have to really wonder how he feels about how Marvel handled Bruce's death. Especially when it blatantly ignored his work in TAH.

Wow, how long has it been since the Warbound were in anything? But nice to see them back, in-spite of the situation.

Poor Betty and Rick .

It's nice to see Ben and Herc there. It's too bad Thor and Namor couldn't make it.

Why isn't the inexplicably alive Doc Samson there ?

I wonder if Marlo is going to show up? We haven't really seen her or had an update on her relationship with Rick since Pak's run...

I'm not surprised Ross isn't at the service, but is Jen not able enough to attend? I also don't see Skaar.

Why is Synapse there? I mean, I think Voodoo and Deadpool have had some Hulk adventures in their time, but she has no reason to be there .

It'll be nice to see Pak write Rick again. I haven't really been crazy with Spencer's "voice" for him over in the Cap books.

I'm glad Carol is not staying for the service. She certainly shouldn't be welcome there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    As a founding Avenger, you would have thought that some representative of the group would turned up officially or unofficially.
    Well, HydraCap and Tony are there. I think Jan's the only founding Avenger left who would've been able to attend.

At least we have half of the Defenders there as well.
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-28-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Maybe some editor just realised that Doc Samson was suppose to be dead and so he promptly disappeared again?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Toro.Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu.Hmm... who's the last one?
    I don't think that's Toro. He is probably Jimmy Woo, the leader of the Agents of Atlas.

So Betty is still Red She-Hulk? Wouldn't mind seeing a She-Hulks team-up book.

Anyhoo, looks like Pak will be delivering the emotional punch this series so badly lacks. I'm also excited to see Asrar drawing Chulk.
    Currently enjoying:
    Black Panther ~ Deadpool ~ New Avengers ~ Old Man Logan ~ Ultimates ~ Uncanny Inhumans

Currently anticipating:
    The Clone Conspiracy ~ U.S.Avengers ~ Unworthy Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    So Betty is still Red She-Hulk? Wouldn't mind seeing a She-Hulks team-up book.

Anyhoo, looks like Pak will be delivering the emotional punch this series so badly lacks. I'm also excited to see Asrar drawing Chulk.
    I think that's Elloe, the red skinned warrior girl from the Warbound.

Has Rick and Amadeus ever met before?

Maybe some editor just realised that Doc Samson was suppose to be dead and so he promptly disappeared again?
    I think Alonso said his appearance on CW #0 would be addressed. But maybe he was covering for the screwup LOL
    I would totally read an off the wall book with Doc. In this era of spin-offs, why not?

Veteran Member

Am I the only one hoping for members of the Defenders besides Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer to appear in the Funeral as well ?

Plus here's hoping the ORIGINAL THOR makes a silent cameo appearance.

Veteran Member

Has Rick and Amadeus ever met before?
    World War Hulk and I think the recent Totally Awesome Hulk issue predating Banner's demise.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see Ben and Herc there.
    I think of anyone outside of Banner's immediate circle of friends, acquaintances and contacts, Grimm is the one who deserves to be there more than anyone else. The shared history between Hulk and Thing is like nothing else in the MU.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。