Page 441 of 479 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 7181

Uncanny Avengers #13 Captain America 75th Anniversary variant cover by Adam Hughes
    Last edited by juan678; 04-29-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Just proves how powerful Wanda is that Team Cap can only be Steve and Wanda, maybe they should just call themselves Team Wanda.

Still seeing Civil War today, can't wait.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Yes Wanda!!! I am so looking forward to SW # 6 this week!!!

Eldritch Abomination dragonmp93's Avatar

I just saw Civil War, and damn, i wish i had her multi-tasking skills.

Longtime Reader

I'd love to see a Scarlet Witch team-up with Doctor Strange, it would be epic on the big screen. Also, I love Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda in the movies.

I watched the movie some hours ago. Wanda was really great! I was surprised that she had a lot of screentime, not more than like Bucky or T'challa but definetely more than Clint, Scott, Rhodes, Peter and probably Natasha. Both her powers and her personal story were dealed very well. I just really loved the movie in general.

Saw the movie yesterday and it was fantastic, way better than the comic version. The argument for and against the Slokovian Accords were done very well and were nicely balanced. Tons of great character moments (Wanda and Vision's interactions were my favs), A lot of humour and some great set pieces, the airport battle doesn't disappoint.

Also the two new heroes Spidey and Black Panther are fantastic and perfectly portray their comic counterparts. It is looking promising for both their solo movies and the future of the MCU
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Agree with what everyone has been saying about the film so far. Just back from my second showing of the film last night and that really has cemented how awesome this movie is in my mind. Wanda was my favourite part of the movie and she had some amazing scenes! I expect everyone will be very happy on how the character is progressing in the MCU, but it was great seeing her get plenty of action! And I agree Wiccan, I was very pleased and pleasantly surprised by how much screen time Wanda got compared to the Avengers! I'd say her and Natasha were pretty equal which was great for my two favourite Avenger's.
    Favs-Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Storm, Wiccan, Invisible Woman, Hellion, Emma Frost, Mockingbird, Iceman, Colossus, Crystal, Captain America, Elektra

To those who have seen the movie, does Wanda still only have Jean Grey's powers, or does she cast hexes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    To those who have seen the movie, does Wanda still only have Jean Grey's powers, or does she cast hexes as well.
    I don't like calling them Jean Grey's powers, because Wanda does things in the movie that aren't pure telekinesis. No hexes yet unfortunately, I'd really describe her as being able to manipulate this telekinetic-esque energy, but being able to do several things with it. As seen from the trailers when she blasts herself into the air, I wouldn't call that pure telekinesis but rather her being able to manipulate this magical energy. But that's just how I see it at least. Still lots of room for Wanda to explore her powers more.
    Favs-Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Storm, Wiccan, Invisible Woman, Hellion, Emma Frost, Mockingbird, Iceman, Colossus, Crystal, Captain America, Elektra

She's definitely doing a lot of things telekinetically, though I don't recall her using telepathy or mind manipulation this time. They actually replicate some feats she did before in the comics, either through her mutant or witchcraft, but using her MCU powers.

Stuff like in the Red Zone arc, she had used her magic/mutant powers to contain the red mist from spreading. spoilers:
    She does a similar thing in the beginning of the movie where she does the exact same thing with the poison gas the bad guys used.
    end of spoilers

At the point where she spoilers:
    wants to leave the compound and has to stop Vision
    end of spoilers, she does something similar that she did (while possessed) back in the 70s. In the comic, she used her powers to pull solar energy from Vision's solar jewel so he became weakened and collapsed, in the movie spoilers:
    she overpowers Vision through the Infinity Gem, by forcing him to go full density and beyond so that he can't move and sinks several floors/miles through the compound
    end of spoilers

Plus couple of things like the TK bolts that people have seen. Like I said I think she didn't do anything involving mind manipulation anymore, which she may have decided to stop doing on matter of principle.

Also on-screen depiction of her powers look sorta like the Reality aether from Thor Dark World, but red.

Eldritch Abomination dragonmp93's Avatar

Well, given that Jean is going to end up becoming the Phoenix like in every adaptation; it's hard to keep them apart.

I consider the whole "witch/hex" side of her to not be brought up in the MCU. I figure the red fx she's got going on the closest we'll get to anything from the comics. I don't mind it at all though.

This Ellen show airs on Monday:
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/01...lizabeth-olsen

Chris Evans has a history of surprising his costars on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. During the Avengers: Age of Ultron press tour, he snuck out on stage during Scarlett Johansson’s interview with DeGeneres to scare her, and when he and Elizabeth Olsen stopped by the show for Monday’s episode, he pranked his Captain America: Civil War costar by hiding in her dressing room bathroom.

But this time around? Evans got a taste of his own medicine.

DeGeneres first lulled Evans into a false sense of security by sharing an earlier clip of him scaring Olsen. But shortly thereafter, an Ellen staffer dressed like Iron Man popped out to give Evans a surprise of his own. (Olsen, for her part, was stonefaced the second time around.)

Here is another interview in which Elizabeth shows off her hand moves:
    http://lizolsen.net/video-elizabeth-...h-magic-trick/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-01-2016 at 05:52 PM.