It was this time last year that we published our original "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profile of Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, who even as a reporter before entering politics, openly mocked the science behind climate change and chastised poor people for living in apartments while doing a story on lead abatement for living in a roach infested apartment for the “luxuries” they had, like a TV or brand-name speakers. In spite of surviving cancer, thanks in part to her husband’s medical insurance that he receives through the government as a state legislator, Kleefisch has gone on the warpath against the Affordable Care Act, and lied and said it would lead to “healthcare rationing”. Kleefisch has also rhetorically asked if the legalization of gay marriage would lead to people being able to marry their dogs, and rounds out her stupidity by first defending Paul Ryan by claiming you can’t even attempt to categorize rape, and then, seconds later in the same interview, starting to define rape as if it’s “forcible rape” or not. She is truly a special snowflake.

Most of our new information on Rebecca Kleefisch is more related to how she’s become the Baghdad Bob to her own running mate, Governor Scott Walker. The Wisconsin GOP did their best to prop her up as a potential replacement as Governor of Wisconsin, should Walker win the presidential race, also having her work as a surrogate to tout him as a potential leader of the free world.

Considering his approval ratings in Wisconsin at the time were only 39% (and trending down), that was a tough sell. Gov. Walker’s approval ratings continued to tank as he left his state for an ill-conceived run for president that saw him jump across the state border and into Iowa to try to campaign for the Iowa caucuses, and he finally retreated back home after ten weeks. Rebecca Kleefisch tried defending Walker from criticism by saying that his presidential run was actually GOOD for Wisconsin.

Gov. Walker took the great Wisconsin story from coast to coast. The asset of having our economic development story just below the masthead of every newspaper, and on every lower-third graphic on television stations, I think is very advantageous. When people think about Wisconsin today, they think about how Gov. Scott Walker turned our state around and made it a great place in which to grow business. That is the type of earned media coverage that we could never be able to afford because we don’t have a gigantic marketing budget, either in our tourism department or our WEDC. But Gov. Walker, in his effort to help America, has taken the Wisconsin story across the country, and that is so valuable. In turn, it helps Wisconsin.”
    She has continued parroting that line for months since, omitting that “The Wisconsin Story” she tells neglects to mention under Walker’s leadership, the roads are not, as she says, “well funded”, but the state is facing a $300 million shortage to repave them. That, and residents grumble as roadkill sits rotting on the streets and highways for weeks without being cleaned up, earning Walker the moniker “Governor Roadkill”. She feels the job market is improving even as Wisconsin workers have seen 10,000 layoffs, or that the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation was performing so poorly that Scott Walker was fired as its chairman. People are leaving Wisconsin in droves and heading east to live in Minnesota, which actually IS currently booming under Democratic leadership. But as she tells it, “the proof is in the pudding”.

And the only pudding we’ve seen is between her ears. She’ll remain in office until at least 2018, but if the Wisconsin GOP’s popularity continues to dwindle at the rate it is, both Kleefisch and Walker could be in for a rough time then, even in a mid-term year.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps I read more into the video than there really was, but it seemed to me that girl was looking for a confrontation, given her body language and overall attitude. It's hard to blame the cops who were just doing their duty and responding to the call, only to find a confrontational suspect, maybe they should've called a supervisor to iron things out, I don't know. In my mind, it wound up being more of a clusterfuck than it had to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Which is why the best thing the trans crowd or those who might be mistaken as trans can do if confronted is act calm, show ID, and make the people who called look like idiots. If your trans and in a state that has passed one of these stupid laws you may have problems if your ID doesn't match your new gender but if you've been able to get it changed (which can be done as a trans colleague I know had her's changed to show she is female) then make whomever complained look like an idiot.

I do completely understand why its going to aggravating and frustrating for transgenders and for those whom its not completely obvious if they are boy or girl like the lesbian in the video. However, they won't help themselves or the cause by throwing a fit if confronted. And if you are gender non-conforming to the point its hard to tell you've got to expect that there will be confusion at times and not be angry about it so long as everyone is polite about it.

One of my co-workers has a daughter who is extremely butch. Everyone who doesn't know assumes she is a guy by appearance and dress. I've sometimes wondered if she's taking male hormones given just how guyish she looks but she continues to use her very feminine name so as far as I know she's just an extremely butch lesbian. I've seen her get angry when people are confused over whether she is a boy or girl even when its not really those people's fault. She had an anger fit at being introduced to another co-worker who knew nothing about her and sort of double taked when she was introduced as a daughter. This co-worker wasn't trying to be insulting and didn't make a big deal about it, he just naturally assumed like about 99% of those who see her that she was actually a guy. She threw out some "yeah, I'm a girl" with a bitchy attitude when he did the minor double take. My opinion is that if your like her and you've made yourself about 99% passable as the other gender than you've got no right to get angry when people assume you are that gender. I also saw her get upset once when she had her girlfriend with her at a company party and again those who didn't know assumed the girlfriend, who was clearly a girl, was actually the daughter and that she was the boyfriend.

US citizens aren't required to carry ID tho. If you don't drive a car or some other vehicle. If you don't fly or take the train chances are you don't have I.D. because you don't need it in your day to day lives. Or maybe you left it at home because again you aren't doing all those things etc.

Has it really come to the point where we are going to force people to carry I.D.'s just because? We are talking about someone going to the bathroom
    The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    US citizens aren't required to carry ID tho. If you don't drive a car or some other vehicle. If you don't fly or take the train chances are you don't have I.D. because you don't need it in your day to day lives. Or maybe you left it at home because again you aren't doing all those things etc.

Has it really come to the point where we are going to force people to carry I.D.'s just because? We are talking about someone going to the bathroom
    Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't imagine NOT leaving my home without some sort of identification. That is simply an alien concept to me, always has been. What if, God forbid, you're involved in a fatal accident? Short of taking fingerprints (and that would do no good if you don't have a criminal record), how are authorities supposed to notify your next of kin if there's no identification on your person? I may not need identification in my day to day life, I wouldn't go out my front door without it.
    "Iím gonna float like a butterfly and sting like a bee! His hands canít hit what his eyes canít see!"
    ---Muhammad Ali

Burnt baloney and regrets BeastieRunner's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't imagine NOT leaving my home without some sort of identification. That is simply an alien concept to me, always has been. What if, God forbid, you're involved in a fatal accident? Short of taking fingerprints (and that would do no good if you don't have a criminal record), how are authorities supposed to notify your next of kin if there's no identification on your person? I may not need identification in my day to day life, I wouldn't go out my front door without it.
    Have you ever been fingerprinted for a job? Gone to the dentist?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    78% to 68% isn't a big difference between Hilary and Johnson. What matters to me though is Johnson has principles and will stick to them whereas Hilary sticks one hand in the wind to measure polls and the other out for money from her corporate masters before making a decision. I only agree with her 78% right now because thats apparently about where I agree with national polling on most issues. Should polling change or should our corporate overlords, aka Hilary's bosses, change their opinions so will my match on her whereas I'll still be at 68% with Johnson regardless.
    Nope. He's a politician, too. He came out in favor of a burqa ban, then flipflopped when public opinion came down hard against him.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/01/07/go...ban-my-respons

He was also enthusiastic about private prisons in his state and recently had to write a defense of adding them now that they're considered the root of evil.

I've gotten my fingerprints taken when I use to work for the Smithsonian because they got government funding. No criminal record.

I mean thats well and good and I've been fortunate enough to grow up in a Middle Class family so I have passports drivers licenses and school I.D.'s

But millions of Americans don't. Many Americans never fly on plane's or drive or take the train.

End of the day if you don't need to get a driver's license or a passport you probably don't have any identification. A Library Card doesn't cut it.

Therefore, unless a the government passes a provision where all Americans must have I.D. (which is heading towards a police state) and the government subsidizes the program making it free.

I always find it important to try and empathize and relate personally.

I can't imagine life with an uncircumcised dick or without a cellphone etc. etc. etc. But there are other people who live like that.
    The J-man

Veteran Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Here is what I got using ISideWith.com

Bernie Sanders 95%
    Jill Stein 90%
    Hillary Clinton 87%
    Gary Johnson 70%
    Donald Trump 36%
    Ted Cruz 33%

I don't know how I feel about this quiz, many of the questions the options were not really quite matching my thoughts but I just picked what felt "closest".

It evaluated me overall as being quite Left but somewhat more Authoritarian as well.... I suppose that is true, I generally believe the USA society needs more rules order and structure, but that the weak should be taken care up and lifted up a whole lot more.

I will vote in the general election for Jill Stein of the Green Party because I believe we need to use our vote as leverage to pull the Democratic Party leftward.
    Chris Claremont = canon. Others = fanfic.

Journalist who profiled Melania Trump hit with barrage of antisemitic abuse

Journalist Julia Ioffe has experienced this kind of harassment before: in Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

In the 24 hours since her profile of Donald Trump’s wife, Melania, appeared in GQ magazine, the Russian-American journalist has received a torrent of antisemitic, vitriolic and threatening messages from supporters of the Republican frontrunner.

In the deeply disturbing response to her piece, Ioffe said she sees a frightening future of what freedom of the press – and the country – might look like under President Trump.

“What happens if Donald Trump is elected?” Ioffe said. “We’ve seen the way he bids his supporters to attack the media, his proposal to change libel laws to make it easier to sue journalists.”
    Original join date: 11/2004
    GM of the Rumbler's League
    Caretaker of Khazan's Cosmic Library

You never know....

The Donald Delusion

Whatever the reason really is for Trump’s continued popularity, two things are certain. Some of the people are falling for the delusion and most of the rest of us are scratching our heads wondering if this is real life or if we’re all just coming back from the dentist.
    Aliens, Illuminati, and Satan: Top 10 reasons Trump is winning

It’s September. The polls don’t mean a whole lot at this point. If you look back to September, 2007, Rudy Giuliani was ahead of eventual nominee Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) by 17% according to Pew and Hillary Clinton was ahead of Barack Obama by 14% according to Reuters. Eight years ago, candidate Barack Obama had a 32% favorable rating from Republicans compared to only 38% unfavorable according to Fox News.

Things can and almost certainly will change as some pundits are predicting that neither of the current frontrunners will be their party’s nominee. Still, it makes non-Trump supporters wonder how he’s been able to turn the “sideshow” as his campaign was often labeled a couple of months ago into a legitimate run.

One of the things that entrenches Trump's support is the doubling down people do when their choices are called stupid. It doesn't matter if we think it is, or if it really is in an objective manner - publically calling it such pisses people off and they dig in rather than question.

What Is Bernie Sanders' Plan B?

One camp wants to focus on policy, such as getting pieces of Sanders' agenda enshrined in the Democratic Party platform. Another wants to focus on the process of picking the Democratic nominee — for instance by getting rid of super delegates or opening more primaries and caucuses to independent voters — arguing that the platform is worth little more than the paper it's printed on

I smell shenanigans.

Politics as usual? Christie hands Trump loyal NJ delegates

Trump’s New Jersey delegate roster of establishment types marks another departure.

The lineup was influenced by Christie, with Christie adviser Bill Palatucci signing up loyal Christie supporters to the 51 slots and alternate positions.
    Just 26 percent of registered voters had a favorable opinion of the governor in the latest Rutgers-Eagleton Poll. Sixty percent say the state is on the wrong track.

Nonetheless, Christie’s backing is critical to Trump’s White House hopes.

“If Donald Trump wins the statewide vote in New Jersey, the delegation is committed to vote for him on the first ballot as required by the rules of the state and national party,’’ Palatucci said. “Beyond the first ballot, if necessary, I’m sure most of the New Jersey delegation would seek out the opinion of the governor, given the high regard all have for him.’’
    Basically, Christie is stacking the deck in favor of Trump in New Jersey.

Alabama is currently celebrating Confederate Heritage Month with a state-wide holiday and a series of public events aimed at remembering and honoring those who fought on the side of southern, slave-owning states during the Civil War. At one such event this week, organized by the Ladies’ Memorial Association, Alabama’s Secretary of State John Merrill lamented recent calls to remove Confederate symbols from government buildings.

“The next question that has to be asked is so what’s the next thing you are going to do,” he asked, “are you going to take a bulldozer to the monument and forget what people fought for to preserve a way of life that makes us special and unique?”
    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...erate-history/

Well, I think that one may shape up to be another fun profile for WBE.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And it all happens with Trump's silent, and noisy support. If he can break the media in the way politicians have broken unions, he'll be a happy camper. This is what happens when you have an out of control egomaniac running for president who tolerates NO criticism, regardless of how minor it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    One of the things that entrenches Trump's support is the doubling down people do when their choices are called stupid. It doesn't matter if we think it is, or if it really is in an objective manner - publically calling it such pisses people off and they dig in rather than question.
    Sad but true. Trump doesn't want followers who think or question, because if they did, they'd abandon him in droves. I continue to be amazed how women support Ol' Orange Ass, even though he's insulted and belittled their gender for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I smell shenanigans.

Politics as usual? Christie hands Trump loyal NJ delegates

Basically, Christie is stacking the deck in favor of Trump in New Jersey.
    Shenanigans? But of course. I would only have been surprised if Christie HADN'T pulled that stunt. The Outlaw Jersey Whale is playing kingmaker while angling for a place in Trump's cabinet should he win the election.
    "Iím gonna float like a butterfly and sting like a bee! His hands canít hit what his eyes canít see!"
    ---Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Journalist who profiled Melania Trump hit with barrage of antisemitic abuse

Journalist Julia Ioffe has experienced this kind of harassment before: in Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

In the 24 hours since her profile of Donald Trump’s wife, Melania, appeared in GQ magazine, the Russian-American journalist has received a torrent of antisemitic, vitriolic and threatening messages from supporters of the Republican frontrunner.

In the deeply disturbing response to her piece, Ioffe said she sees a frightening future of what freedom of the press – and the country – might look like under President Trump.

“What happens if Donald Trump is elected?” Ioffe said. “We’ve seen the way he bids his supporters to attack the media, his proposal to change libel laws to make it easier to sue journalists.”
    While the shots that woman is taking are unacceptable, calling that piece "Journalism" is being incredibly kind. If the same piece had been written about a Democratic candidate's wife, people would be calling the author out.

Melania scoffs when I ask if she had had a breast augmentation. “I didn’t make any changes,” she says.
    "Journalism". Yeah...right.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-30-2016 at 05:03 AM.