Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Daredevil #6

This July, the truth about Matt Murdock's parents comes to light in DAREDEVIL #6 - an Original Sin Tie-In! After nearly 30 years, the untold story of Matt Murdock's mother will finally be revealed, courtesy of Eisner award-winning writer Mark Waid and critically acclaimed artist Javier Rodriguez! Raised in a broken home, Matt Murdock made peace with his mother's absence long ago, even though he never knew why. Now, thanks to the events of Original Sin, the Man Without Fear will be set on a path that will send her crashing back into his life! Only their meeting won't be exactly as he imagined! What is the dark secret that tore apart the Murdock family? How did Matt's mother become Sister Maggie? Matt Murdock's journey to the truth begins as Original Sin opens the Man Without Fear's eyes this July in DAREDEVIL #6!

Full preview here.

I haven't really been a fan of the art during Waid's run but this looks really good.
    Superman should get top billing in his f***ing sequel.

Braddock Academy Student Demon Bowler's Avatar

I'm confused?
    Why does matt now hate his dad? I thought he was good father to matt who just made a few mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    I'm confused?
    Why does matt now hate his dad? I thought he was good father to matt who just made a few mistakes.
    Yeah it would be a shame if they changed that part of Daredevils history with this whole Original Sin storyline. I always felt this was a fairly important part of the character and its development.
    GraphicNovice.com - Graphic Novice Podcast available on iTunes

Not a fan of this change if it's what I think it is.

I'm not sure what value this would really add to Matt as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Bowler View Post
    I'm confused?
    fiver says it turns out papa murdcok was an abuser; either physically or emotionally

Has anyone actually touched the story of his parents' breakup since Frank Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Not a fan of this change if it's what I think it is.

I'm not sure what value this would really add to Matt as a character.
    I'm with you there.

Daredevil by Mark Waid is now the only superhero book I was planning to keep getting. Sure hope this is just some misdirection hoopla and not another "Actually, turns out my parents were really rotten. Yeah, Guess you learn new things everyday. Excuse me while I go drown my hidden pain in a bottle of alcohol" kind of thing. That would be as bad as Evil!Superman.

Or, if that is indeed where they are going with this then am praying the concept doesn't invade the 'real' Daredevil book I've been enjoying for the past year. Is this 'Sin' stuff a 'by itself' thing or does it affect all the books?
    OPINION: Noun: O-pi-nion
    The belief in the ratio of the circumference of an aromatic bulb the essence of which can make people cry tears of sadness or outrage. Most commonly found in boiling substances when not hidden underground.

I always loved Jack Murdock. The Battlin Jack mini series was really good. If he turns out to be an abuser I'm gonna be disapointed. The original story was that Maggie left him for selfish reasons and revealed that she believed that having a baby was a sin and he lied to Matt and told him she was dead, only for him to discover she was alive and working as a nun. IT was great. Jack was nowhere near perfect but he was NOT an abuser.