Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Marguerite Bennett Wakens "Sleepy Hollow" at BOOM!

Marguerite Bennett discusses her and artist Jorge Coelho's "Sleepy Hollow" comic, which takes place between the episodes of the hit Fox show.

Full article here.

Why only a miniseries?

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

probably to test the waters. then i could see BOOM expand it to a series of minis just incase numbers drop. Almost the best way to do it with Licensed properties.
    Pull List: Skybound Titles, Star Trek: New Visions

Hopefully better than the TV Series.

Awesome. Love the TV show so this should be lots of fun.

Senior Member Art School Dropout's Avatar

The TV series has been excellent so I will definitely check this out.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

This is freaking fantastic news!!!!

Was at first a little disappointed it's a mini-series, but like Scott said, it'll be a good way to test the waters. And now that I think about it, given the serialized nature of the (fantastic) TV show, it might actually be better to do this in a series of mini-series. It sounds like they are trying to keep this in-continuity with the show, and that might be tougher to do with a monthly ongoing book. With mini-series, though, they could set them at very specific places during the timeline of the show so that they don't get in the way of the overall continuity.

Looking forward to this.
    Currently Reading: Five Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Ghosted, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder.
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Definitely looking forward to this. And since this is only a mini-series I can up my comic book spending budget for those four months to get it as it goes out without guilt.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Sad its a mini series, but it they do a bunch of minis that is just as good. But I can afford it now, so I am kinda glad, did not have the money for one more ongoing. Even though I really want it to be.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011